Azure

So... what hatchling are you taking Trick or Treating? :)

Which hatchling did you pick in the event?  

332 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These are Rosa's two costumes so far! The wizard robes are definitely my favorite pieces. They're so versatile.

W4MqySJ.png

5XJ0Ny5.png

@Azure I love the Desipis story!! I totally imagined them trying to use their powers to get candy too. X)

The more costume parts we're getting, the more potential for mix-and-matching we have. I love it. Some of these outfits are looking really good, great job folks. :D

XnTOvNz.png

Witchlight since they're my favourite but it was a difficult choice as I really love each one of the Halloween dragons.

13 hours ago, Azure said:

*clears throat*

The dragon does its best approximation of a smile as you look over the various hatchlings. It's hard, however, to think, when there is a very persistent and ever-intensifying voice in your head.

Pick me... Pick me. Pick me! PICK ME! PICK! ME!

You blink once, twice, at the source of it. The cobra-like, mana-bejeweled hatchling stares back, unblinking, its face a mask of focus so intense you think it might burst.

PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME...

You don't feel a particular inclination to pick the little Desipis, but you do so anyway, just to indulge it and its feeble attempt to control its powers.

Swaggering more than walking over, it comes to sit at your side, smugly eyeing those not picked. They file off, one by one, their draconic caretaker waving one wing at you in goodbye, off to wrangle another unfortunate soul.

Good. Now present me with candy, slave! the small Desipis' voice rings in your mind.

You laugh outloud, not just at the demand itself but at just how ridiculous its still youthful mental voice and its imperious order sound in concert. It looks puzzled.

SLAVE! it repeats, louder. PRESENT ME WITH CANDY!

As if to punctuate its point, drive it home, it opens its mouth impossibly wide, neck and all, and points a claw inside.

You laugh louder.

The hatchling frowns to itself.

I must have broken your feeble mind. Hm. The elders never did explain how to deal with this. the hatchling says.

After a few more moments of guffaws and desperate gasps for air amid your laughing fit, you get yourself under control. Wiping at the tears in your eyes, you look down at the hatchling.

"Sorry, little buddy. You just don't have it quite yet." you tell it.

It takes the Desipis a few moments to realize what you mean and what has happened. It sits up straighter, a puff of magical flame huffed in frustration.

Nonetheless! it announces, I demand candy!

You give it a mild, patient look. Eventually, its head lowers.

Please, it adds, squeezing the word past its proverbial, telepathic mouth with no small amount of effort.

"Alright." you say, "But you'll have to help me do it. After all, we humans are famously inept. What'll it be - pirate, or wizard?"

You pause for a moment, giving the small dragon a smile.

"And if you behave, I'll act like I'm entirely in your thrall."

The hatchling seems to mull this offer for a moment, its wide tail swishing. Eventually, it gives a rather toothy grin and its serpentine head bobs in a small nod.

Pirate will do.

AWWWWWWW

As a desipis fan this pleases me!

I did pumpkin.  It was a toss-up between that and marrow (literally, I flipped a coin)  Although late  morning/early afternoon, I was dressed as a giant white rabbit, handing out treats at the neighborhood trick or treat thingy.  (Think Harvey)  I didn't know anyone I could steal a pumpkin dragon costume from.:D

Like The Dragoness I picked a Shadow Walker because they are my all time favourite Halloween dragon !

And among my top five favourites on DC.

And after joining half a year too late to get caveborns now I finally have them on my scroll in splendid first generation glory !!! I'm so happy ! (Not having CBs didn't keep me from building a gazillion lineages with them, but it will be a whole new experience to be able to actually breed the 2nd gens I need myself.)

Celebrating all that by going trick-or-treating with my little Shadow Walker friend !

Here is what my hatchling is right now.

I kept the wizard costume yesterday, but I just love mix and matching the pirate costume.... so many accessories!

This is my witchlight hatchie currently:

Bh11x5r.png

A wizard pirate balerina.

Actually I changed the pants to brown since this picture was taken, but mostly the same.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Hey, who else is getting a glitched hatchling?  My hatchling has a Syltherin wizard hat when its supposed to be weaing a black petticoat, ravenclaw scarf, and a navy parrot?

image.png.f2373d3b768714baab4e12292e248142.png

@jillybean711

If no one has told you yet, try a hard refresh or clearing your cache. It seems to be a common issue with the outfits and doing that should clear it up.

@jillybean711: That seems a widespread glitch, and for most people a hard refresh (and/or clearing the browser history/cache) fixed it. I'm not of much help in those things, just look into the news thread, it was mentioned there multiple times. Good luck !

That said, the Lantean Royal Navy is still on deck in full garb (and has been all day):

59f50cda8f5d7_NavyHatchling2.PNG.5cbcb1593a268293d8544c2e8a5e3195.PNG

Windows 10 PC, Internet Explorer 11

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

image.png.2ed42a0c805d54b5da7790dc3f007c83.png

That appeared to fix it! Thanks you guys. @Lantean_Pegasus @XDLugia

The mummy wings aren't working though, and I got the red pirate set for free, but that's okay. :3

Edited by jillybean711

My Marrow currently looks like this:

Marrow.png.d4a351212c3feaea3330f2f4d489e103.png

I've really been enjoying mixing and matching the different costume parts!

I'm also enjoying the variety among the hatchlings I've visited. My fave costumes include a mummy ballerina Desipis, a ballerina-with-a-knife Pumpkin, and a Shadow Walker wearing the wing and body of the ghost costume but not the head (it looks like an angel costume to me).

2 hours ago, jillybean711 said:

image.png.2ed42a0c805d54b5da7790dc3f007c83.png

That appeared to fix it! Thanks you guys. @Lantean_Pegasus @XDLugia

The mummy wings aren't working though, and I got the red pirate set for free, but that's okay. :3

Me too! @ free red pirate set and mummy wings not working.  Glad to see I'm not the only one, heh.  I kind of don't want to use the red set because I got it for free from a glitch, but...there's parts of it I want to use...hmm...dilemma.

That Desipis story is GOLD. I kind of wish we could have had texts like that for all of the hatchlings now, depending on our choices. (Though I guess it could have interfered with our headcanons for our babies?)

_bmarrow.PNG.74b5baea950d8c3821c54cfe5f10f44b.PNG

My baby right now. I was tempted to choose the Shadow Walker because I really liked how the hatchling image looked, but the Marrows have always been my favourite Halloween breed. <3

I'm surprised by the amount of votes the Pumpkins got, I've seen 32 hatchlings so far and NONE of them are Pumpkins. Bad luck :0

@LibbyLishly Thank you! It was amusing me XD

Love the new knight items! They look so much more detailed than anything we had so far though, it feels a little unbalancing.

Here's my little shadow walker all dressed up as some sort of lady knight, although I may swap her outfit around at some point. I'm having a lot of fun with all the layering options!

My visitor stats are as follows:

5 Grave

3 SW

3 Pumpkin

3 Desipis

3 Marrow

2 Witchlight

1 Caligene

costume.png

My Caligene's an undead ballerina atm, but it's just a placeholder until the fox spirit costumes are made available. (If you snuck a peek at the shop during the first half hour of Day 1, you know what I mean.)

caligene.png

Edit: I also want to kudos those who've dressed their Grave hatchlings as pirates. I've always thought the pattern on their wings looks more like skulls than ghosts, and named all of my CBs from 2013 accordingly.

Seen Hatchlings - 29

Pumpkin - 2

Marrow - 6

SW - 2

CL - 0

Grave - 6

Desipis - 5

Caligene - 5 (excluding my own)

Witchlight - 3

Edited by Miral

My Ballerina Pirate Marrow added a knight tail to his costume and declared he's part Borg and his name is "Dancing Gnavorthiel Silvertail the Terrible".

marrow_pirate-ballerina-borg-nobg.png

It's now some kinda fancy battlemage with a awesome longcoat.

I had trouble deciding between the blue or the gold though.

Cute Witchlight 3.pngCute Witchlight 5.png

I am sporting the blue currently

Edited by blockEdragon

2 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

My Ballerina Pirate Marrow added a knight tail to his costume and declared he's part Borg and his name is "Dancing Gnavorthiel Silvertail the Terrible".

marrow_pirate-ballerina-borg-nobg.png

Give this person an award right now