Azure

So... what hatchling are you taking Trick or Treating? :)

Which hatchling did you pick in the event?  

332 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My hatchi is still a wizard knight. After seeing 40 hatchis, Caligenes, Desipises, Cavern Lurkers, Graves, Marrows, fellow Shadow Walkers and one Pumpkin, he is starting to worry about his Witchlight friends. Have evil powers targeted them? Have they conjured up illusions and appear like Graves (that would explain the statistically ridiculous amount of Graves we're encountering)? He got more and more excited, wondering if "the truly-horrible-thing-we-all-dread" might have happened.

It took him a while to calm down enough for me to question him on that one. It means their parents grounded them for improper use of illusions in the home.

Whatever it is, my little knight is determined to find out! 

STORY TIME

Gyka widen her eyes while staring at Mr. I hate Graves, with her Grave friend standing right behind her, shaking. She didn't like the look in his eyes.. Him much less. 

The gaia was just about to bite them at any moment... The Grave was frightened with that though. But he wasn't right about that..

Seing the little Grave hatchling's huge eyes begging for mercy, the gaia feels a little bit of sympathy.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Grave screamed, but then Mr. I hate Graves throws a bag of candy to them.

Umm.. No need to feel scared if you're a hatchling. Here you go.

With a sigh of relief, they both run off. 

This is Rosa's new costume!

CauobWl.png

I really hope we get more head and neck items tonight. I'm still not sure how I want her to be dressed permanently and that would help a ton.

Current count:

12 Graves

12 Shadow Walkers (pulled ahead massively!)

10 Marrows

8 Desipis

6 Lurkers

6 Caligens

4 Pumpkins (yay!)

2 Witchlights (have not seen any since Day 1)

Love the stories everyone's writing about their babies! I just see mine as bring overly enthusiastic about all the brightly colored candy wrappers and being immensely annoyed by the fact that they taste horrible. Also, she's apparently deeply uninterested in cosplaying a fairy, though she acknowledges that the other hatchies are rocking the look. She just wants to be a Gryffindor pirate cyborg forever. :lol:

Of 50 hatchies, I saw:

Pumpkins: 8

Black Marrows: 6

Shadow Walkers: 6

Cavern Lurkers: 5

Graves: 14 - that's a lot!

Desipises: 4

Caligenes: 3

Witchlights: 4

So far I've seen 60 hatchlings:
Grave: 19
Desipis: 9
Caligene: 7
Pumpkin: 6
Shadow Walker: 6
Black Marrow: 5
Cavern Lurker: 4
Witchlight: 4

Sets I've got for free: black wizard (Hufflepuff), white ballerina, navy pirate, silver knight, yellow fairy.

My first two Desipises are still undressed, while the third one is wearing complete mummy costume, over it navy pirate shirt, coat and parrot and over it complete red wizard costume - like he's hoarding costumes, so nothing left for others.

Expect my little story tomorrow. ;)

Edited by Anemonis

Out of 45:

Graves: 13

Desipises: 8

Shadow Walkers: 7

Caligenes: 6

Black Marrows: 5

Cavern Lurkers: 5

Pumpkins: 1

Witchlights: STILL 0!!

I'm taking bets: Will I ever see a Witchlight hatchi? :lol:

Cavern Lurkers are actually my least favourite Halloween sprite, but the corresponding hatchling looked so adorable I decided I was going to dress it up anyway.

dragon-hat.png

I'm going for a transhumanistdragonist look, specifically of the cyborg variant, with a stylish secondary statement hidden somewhere in there that probably no one will guess or get unless they know me personally. XD Ah well.

Edited by pinkgothic

@Fly-by-Night: It is possible! Sure, it took 51 hatchlings but we got there eventually! :lol: As for my witchlight, he's on a tight leash right now for using candy to lure and ambush fellow hatchlings because he's realised his illusory powers aren't strong enough yet to do the job properly. ;p

e720ead7e13d3804f5adeaa5b654b04c.png

My hatchling is dressed up as a samurai warrior.

I've seen 61 hatchlings, a third of which were Graves. XD

Here's a list:

Pumpkin: 5

Black Marrow: 6

Shadow Walker: 7

Cavern Lurker: 3

Grave: 22

Desipis: 4

Caligene: 5

Witchlight: 9

The Grave who represents the Grave in my story became female cause I forgot to influence. And i'm too lazy to fix the pronouns.  

ECaDwxY.png

IDK what is it...

CiiTWNJ.png

Same here

okNcN4k.png

Maybe Anubis?

V5bNoqL.png

Finally fox pirate.

I wish I have some werewolf or vampire or gentleman/steampunk or cercus costums..

I think this might really be the last version now^^ Not much left from CaptaiShakespeare... but... on the other rhand, his closet war rather large, I remember.

CaptainShakespeare3.jpg.4cb39248958a21b9eaa62510dd268bb0.jpg

I love the black Fox mask on the golden Pumpkin^^

I saw a Shadow Walker all in the blue fox costume, that was gorgeous, too.

Edited by Varnayrah

caligene2.png

At long last.

(None of the fox robes had white bottoms, so I had to improvise.)

newcostume.png.761cb602eeebd7c7de3d72665f49a0a1.png

MIX ALL THE COSTUMES! :D A magic fairy fox spirit pirate with the good sense to wear armour in battle? It doesn't make a lot of sense, but I like it.

Edited by dustpuppy

Today, my little Marrow introduces himself as "Sir Gnavorthiel Anubis Goldenborg the Magic". He loves the fox mask, but plans on going back to his ballerina pirate costume later in the day.

marrow_fox-wizard-borg-knight-nobg.png

(He looks like a puppy. Don't tell him I said this. :D )

Expanding on yesterday's costume a bit with fox items :lol:

2017-10-31_0931.png

@Varnayrah  woah on a pumpkin that mask looks...slightly unsettling.  0.o I like it.

Edited by Yhme

Here's my Grave's final form!

image.png.78cc98e82a66459090d259e025d9612e.png

I see that the black-and-gold robes seem to be the most popular (at least based on the trick-or-treat visits), but I just love the detail on them. I've retained the mecha look on the legs and wings, wish I could perch the parrot on that huge fluffy tail, and love how nicely the cutlass interacts with the black mask. Naturally, we're still showing our Gryffindor pride. This has been the best event!

Gather around, it's STORY TIME! With pictures of my hatchling.

@Azure inspired me to write down a story about me and my hatchling. Keep in mind that I'm not an experienced storyteller and English isn't my native language. Enjoy! ^_^

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Seasonal steps back from your front door and sits on her haunches. You can now see a group of eight hatchlings are with her. They are watching you with great interest. Which one do you take with you?

You look at eight hatchlings. Some try to catch your attention, some are just staying still, but you can tell all are excited. You don't want to disappoint any of them. Will you pick the cute Pumpkin, the first Halloween dragon you ever met? Or spooky Black Marrow, the first wild Halloween dragon you ever met? You feel a special bond to those breeds. And then there is a Grave. You always wanted to care about Grave hatchling, because of its beautiful colors (especially orange striped legs). Now you have a chance. But then Shadow Walker hatchling shakes its head and you remember the good times when these dragons were around, wild adults once allowed you to pet them in exchange for some pumpkins.

'Um, can I choose... you?' You point to the hatchling. Some of the others are slightly sad for not being chosen, but your new companion makes the widest smile you've ever seen on a dragon. The Seasonal thank you for help and leave with other hatchlings.

Hello. Friend.

The voice you hear in your head is very soft, almost silky. The hatchling came to you and sniff to your hand.

'Hello. Would you like...?'

With the sudden gust of wind the hatchling start running away. You hear only one word of explanation.

Candy!

'Wait! Don't get lost!'

You run after you hatchling, luckily it's heading to your neighbour - next door neighbour, not someone miles away.

'Ah, happy Halloween.' says neighbour as you reach him. 'Sorry, I don't have time to chat, must buy some costume.'

As he nods to farewell, you see a Pumpkin hatchling on his shoulder. And your Shadow Walker holds a candy in its mouth.

'Now what was that? Please never do that again.' You try not to sound angry, but still you can feel the fright.

I'm sorry. I would return to you. But candy!

'We will get lots of candies together, I promise. Would you like to have a costume, too?'

Costume? I'd love to!

The hatchling picks one wet leaf up from the ground and put it to its forehead.

How am I looking?

You laugh. 'Great, but maybe we can improve it a little.'

Spoiler

59f889bfdd8c9_01Bed-sheetWalker.png.f8844afb1e5575eda79363a5dc0530ee.png

'Well? Just an old bed sheet, but...'

It's lovely. From now on call me Bed-sheet Walker. Can we go get some candies now?

'Of course.'

At one moment the sky start pouring with rain, so you return home. The bed sheet is completely wet, making it a little translucent.

'Now you look more like a ghost.' You laugh.

A wet one. Do you have any other costumes, perhaps? Something not so long - you know, puddles.

'Well, how about a wizard? The scarf will keep you warm and we can make the robe shorter.'

Sounds good. But I can't be a wizard.

'Why not?'

Because I'm girl.

Spoiler

59f889c0c2aeb_02SilverDame.png.e419602357e159f5157149204f32e737.png

These colors look best, I think. And the story you told me was inspiring. I love the Gray Lady, so you can call me Silver Dame.

'Is there any chance you tell me your real name, Silver Dame?'

She gives you a little smile.

I thought you never asked. Niqmist, that's my name. To be honest, my mom calls me Cute Little Niqmist, the daughter of great Mist-ery. That's how she calls my father: Mist-ery. Now thinking about it, he is a little mysterious, sometimes.

'It's a lovely name. And I think the rain is gone. Do you want more candies?'

Spoiler

59f889c6c91ed_Pumpkinballerina.png.9aae204c08287d7cec1db01aa3aab7f5.png

As you and your charming Silver Dame continue collecting candies, you meet your neighbour. His Pumpkin hatchling is dressed as pink ballerina, looking like it's from some jewelry box. You and your neighbour exchange a few words, compliment the costumes and once again he goes his own way.

Ballerina! I want to be ballerina!

'Really? Well it would be better to buy something. But it would mean another delay and less candies for you.'

More candies are better than less candies. But I already have candies. Ballerina, please...

'I'll buy ballerina, and a few more costumes just in case.'

Spoiler

59f889c16e26f_03DancingSilverlight.png.2fa15f944f48df88a2a8fe022d23ae53.png

Well? What do you think?

Niqmist is turning around, showing you what she picked from the pile of newly bought costumes.

'The pink one was a little too shiny, but this looks great on you. Are you going to keep that scarf?'

Of course. They're so warm. Now lets change my name... to Dancing Silverlight.

'Is this your final decision?'

Of course not. Lets go back later and change for something else!

You laugh.

'So what next?'

Time to some pirate stuff. Arrr.

(few minutes later)

Spoiler

59f889c240f94_04pirate.png.108a49ee503b374e6a6ad2183ca1da9f.png

Not bad, but it could be better... I know!

There is a quick change of some costume parts.

Spoiler

59f889c37dda2_05CaptainDancingSilvertailwithherloyalparrotGreenwing.png.27f386136d042a772c4c5ef5c00f0aa9.png

'And now you are...?'

Pirate ballerina. Captain Dancing Silvertail with her loyal parrot Greenwing.

Spoiler

59f889c485e17_06CaptainDancingFairy-Tail.png.90a79c14e7a081fa712e6887a254689c.png

These accessories will make the difference.

'I must admit, that yellow skirt really suits you. But how about some mummy or knight pieces?'

They're fine. But I don't know where to put them, and I love my current costume the way it is.

'So what's your new name, Niqmist?'

Captain Dancing Fairy-Tail.

This will be the last change, I promise.

'Well I don't mind, it's your time after all.'

You let her on her own for a while. This is her final creation; it should be a surprise. But it feels weird to be alone. You realize you will miss her greatly. But still you force yourself to smile. You don't want to ruin her day with crying.

Spoiler

59f889c56007f_07Niqmist.png.d25603a32e0ae79931e127a4c181ae49.png

Now, what do you think? I guess that pink isn't so shiny now.

You couldn't help yourself, the tears just appeared in your eyes. 'You look fantastic! That's wonderful costume!' It sure is beautiful, but you are just happy seeing her smiling.

Is everything fine?

'It's just... I love spending time with you.' You put out a handkerchief and clean your face. 'I will miss you after today.'

I will miss you too, my friend. But now we're still together. I'd like to go outside and give candies to all those unfortunate without costume. What do you say about it?

'That would be lovely. But wait - you have new costume, what's your new name?'

Niqmist is fine. I think that's the best name.

'It sure is.'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~