Azure

So... what hatchling are you taking Trick or Treating? :)

Which hatchling did you pick in the event?  

332 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ballerina Pirate Marrow? Ballerina Pirate Marrow!

marrow_pirate-ballerina-nobg.png

(... BTW, how did I never notice "Black Marrow" rhymes with "Jack Sparrow"? Congrats to the person who got the name "Captain Black Marrow"! :D )

3 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

(... BTW, how did I never notice "Black Marrow" rhymes with "Jack Sparrow"? Congrats to the person who got the name "Captain Black Marrow"! :D )

Shiver me timbers, that is perfect! :lol:

My girl also be looting the neighborhood today ^_^

nxopsm.png

Version 2:

35lc8r9.png

Edited by Ripan
made another

4 hours ago, Azure said:

*clears throat*

The dragon does its best approximation of a smile as you look over the various hatchlings. It's hard, however, to think, when there is a very persistent and ever-intensifying voice in your head.

Pick me... Pick me. Pick me! PICK ME! PICK! ME!

You blink once, twice, at the source of it. The cobra-like, mana-bejeweled hatchling stares back, unblinking, its face a mask of focus so intense you think it might burst.

PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME...

You don't feel a particular inclination to pick the little Desipis, but you do so anyway, just to indulge it and its feeble attempt to control its powers.

Swaggering more than walking over, it comes to sit at your side, smugly eyeing those not picked. They file off, one by one, their draconic caretaker waving one wing at you in goodbye, off to wrangle another unfortunate soul.

Good. Now present me with candy, slave! the small Desipis' voice rings in your mind.

You laugh outloud, not just at the demand itself but at just how ridiculous its still youthful mental voice and its imperious order sound in concert. It looks puzzled.

SLAVE! it repeats, louder. PRESENT ME WITH CANDY!

As if to punctuate its point, drive it home, it opens its mouth impossibly wide, neck and all, and points a claw inside.

You laugh louder.

The hatchling frowns to itself.

I must have broken your feeble mind. Hm. The elders never did explain how to deal with this. the hatchling says.

After a few more moments of guffaws and desperate gasps for air amid your laughing fit, you get yourself under control. Wiping at the tears in your eyes, you look down at the hatchling.

"Sorry, little buddy. You just don't have it quite yet." you tell it.

It takes the Desipis a few moments to realize what you mean and what has happened. It sits up straighter, a puff of magical flame huffed in frustration.

Nonetheless! it announces, I demand candy!

You give it a mild, patient look. Eventually, its head lowers.

Please, it adds, squeezing the word past its proverbial, telepathic mouth with no small amount of effort.

"Alright." you say, "But you'll have to help me do it. After all, we humans are famously inept. What'll it be - pirate, or wizard?"

You pause for a moment, giving the small dragon a smile.

"And if you behave, I'll act like I'm entirely in your thrall."

The hatchling seems to mull this offer for a moment, its wide tail swishing. Eventually, it gives a rather toothy grin and its serpentine head bobs in a small nod.

Pirate will do.

That is awesome, thank you! :wub: Laughter is contagious, even if you just read about it! :lol:

On an unrelated note... I need to see every breed in pirate costumes. Tiny Pumpkin pirates with toothpick cutlasses! Fluffy Witchlight pirates! Smiley Lurker pirates! (How do they even hold the cutlass?!)

SHOW ME YOUR PIRATE DRAGON FRANDS.

As tribute, here is my own First Mate Caligene. Yarr har har!

WgW6u9i.png

Edited by Azure

Just now, RainbowTheAlbinoServal said:

Here's mine.

She looks awesome in my opinion :D

You need to add your Scroll name on the end for the link to work.

Just now, Nyxity said:

A pirate with wizard powers to boot! Formidable!!! O.O!

Meow she also has ballerina shoes and mist looking wings, apparently. 

Still no Cavern Lurkers nor Witchlights on Day Three. However, my very first Pumpkin Dragon dropped by for a visit (number 19)!

I've had 31 visitors, and here's how they line up:

10 Desipi

6 Graves

4 Witchlights

3 Cavern Lurkers

3 Caligenes

2 Shadow Walkers

2 Black Marrows

1 Pumpkin

Sadly my costumes keep glitching out so I can't show off my awesome Pirate costume!

Current Visitors (47):

Desipis: 6

Marrow: 5

Caligene: 10

Grave: 9

Shadow Walker: 7

Pumpkin: 4

Witchlight: 3

Cavern Lurker: 3

The Graves are having a surge and will overtake the Caligenes soon, I am sure.

Everyone's costumes are so cute!   https://dragcave.net/halloween17/munificent

There's my pumpkin, currently ready to climb the yardarm and buckle swash, though I expect I'll change her outfit again later today. Maybe go straight mummy for a little while...?

33 hatchlings seen so far. Graves are definitely taking the lead for me with a whopping 13! Only 1 lonely Desipis, and still not a single Pumpkin! 

Edit: And just as I say it, I have finally visited an adorable little ghosty Pumpkin! <3

Oh! And here is my little one! https://dragcave.net/halloween17/tikigurl91

I am trying to incorporate as many costumes as possible. I think he looks pretty snazzy. :P

Edited by Tiki G

@Azure Your descriptions are just amazing! Looking forward to any more that you come up with as inspiration strikes.

@Wiz Perfect zombie pirate is perfect.

I need someone to name my little all year round trick or treater. 

Or just a good name.

She will be one of the few dragons with a non ridiculous name. 

Mine right now:

2017-10-28_1123.png

I'm a spoopy pirate ballerina ooOooOoo

@Ripan I have a witchlight among my visitors that looks almost exactly like your version 2 costume. Made me do a double take XD

Edited by Yhme

It was difficult to choose between a beautiful pink ballerina and a red, magical pirate, but I think my Grave looks better like this. :) 

66HhWFF.png