Kaini

Raffle Discussion

No win here. Congrats to those who did though. *Eats her own fail lasagna cause cookies cause cavities.* xD

I lost...of course. BUT I FINALLY CAN GET A CB GOLD...unless the price goes up 100 shards again, like it did last time I thought I had enough.

1 minute ago, Suzumiya said:

I lost...of course. BUT I FINALLY CAN GET A CB GOLD...unless the price goes up 100 shards again, like it did last time I thought I had enough.

You could do like I did, randomly breed dragons on your scroll to quickly gather enough shards to hit the level needed for the market gold. ;)

3 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

You could do like I did, randomly breed dragons on your scroll to quickly gather enough shards to hit the level needed for the market gold. ;)

Ah ha! Yes. Let me find a good army to spam breed...Stripes! 300 stripes! I hope people like stripes!

I have won one of the Bronze Eastern and am so surprised and speechless. Honestly after all the years of not winning I had given up hope. I did not even remember that it was the end of the month or raffle time. I enter at the beginning and promptly forget until the announcements are made of people who have won. I checked my email for a discount code on fabric I am ordering and saw an email from Dragcave and groaned because I thought it was a new release I had missed the opening for. When I realized it said congratulations my mouth literally dropped open and I did not know what to say. 

Congratulations to the other winners!

Congrats to Rascal1414 and all the other winners!

No win for me here, either. But the new entry requirement sounds...interesting? Time to figure out what breeds are what element :lol: 

28 minutes ago, Rascal1414 said:

I have won one of the Bronze Eastern and am so surprised and speechless. Honestly after all the years of not winning I had given up hope. I did not even remember that it was the end of the month or raffle time. I enter at the beginning and promptly forget until the announcements are made of people who have won. I checked my email for a discount code on fabric I am ordering and saw an email from Dragcave and groaned because I thought it was a new release I had missed the opening for. When I realized it said congratulations my mouth literally dropped open and I did not know what to say. 

Congratulations to the other winners!

Grats! A Bronze shimmer! I don't like shimmers, but so many others do. I don't know how many trades I've had turned down because I offered a tinsel instead of a shimmer, even if they were the same gen with the same mates. It is a real shock to see that. I think I stared at the raffle page and then the egg once I had claimed it for about an hour. I thought it had to be a joke, because I am not lucky. She wasn't a silver tinsel, but she was better than no win at all. I won her seven months ago, and sometimes I STILL can't believe she's real, even when she actually gives me eggs. 

What do you plan on making the lovely baby? Male or female shimmer? My tinsel was female, sort of good, sort of bad. I REALLY wanted to make a 2G from Rosebuds, but they're female, so she couldn't mate with them! Take into consideration which dimorphic mates you prefer. 

As for elements...I KNOW Silvers are Light element. Lunar Heralds and Blancbacks are Light/Time/Dark element (not sure if they count), and Lumina (Light) are obviously Light element.

21 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Grats! A Bronze shimmer! I don't like shimmers, but so many others do. I don't know how many trades I've had turned down because I offered a tinsel instead of a shimmer, even if they were the same gen with the same mates. It is a real shock to see that. I think I stared at the raffle page and then the egg once I had claimed it for about an hour. I thought it had to be a joke, because I am not lucky. She wasn't a silver tinsel, but she was better than no win at all. I won her seven months ago, and sometimes I STILL can't believe she's real, even when she actually gives me eggs. 

What do you plan on making the lovely baby? Male or female shimmer? My tinsel was female, sort of good, sort of bad. I REALLY wanted to make a 2G from Rosebuds, but they're female, so she couldn't mate with them! Take into consideration which dimorphic mates you prefer. 

As for elements...I KNOW Silvers are Light element. Lunar Heralds and Blancbacks are Light/Time/Dark element (not sure if they count), and Lumina (Light) are obviously Light element.

I guess everyone has there own preferences. I personally love all tins no matter the color. Bronze tins look beautiful with Arcanas!  I would trade one of my silver tins babies for bronze tinsel babies so there are people out there who would trade with you. 

I think nebulas are light element as well?

5 minutes ago, osean said:

I guess everyone has there own preferences. I personally love all tins no matter the color. Bronze tins look beautiful with Arcanas!  I would trade one of my silver tins babies for bronze tinsel babies so there are people out there who would trade with you. 

I think nebulas are light element as well?

I just checked, and yeah, they are. So are Morphodrakes, oddly enough. Sunrise, Sunset, Sunsong, Risensong...so far, those are the ones I found besides the ones above. There has to be a lot more, if duel-element babies count. I hope they do, because otherwise I'm raising this Blancback for nothing. Oh, Whites count too! I have a White that just grew up! He counted.

Edited by Suzumiya

I'm resigned to never getting my first CB Prize. I'm not even disappointed anymore whenever I check the page, I know better than to get my hopes up for anything on DC now.

Edited by FlyingDragona

1 minute ago, FlyingDragona said:

I'm resigned to never getting my first CB Prize. I'm not even disappointed anymore whenever I check the page, I know better than to get my hopes up for anything on DC now.

That's how I feel about Neglecteds and CB Golds. It just ain't happening. Why bother getting excited when I see a trade up for one? They won't accept anything I have to offer. And I never see Golds in the cave. 

As for a prize...don't lose hope. I was beyond stunned when I got Iri. I had the same 'eh, why even bother checking' mindset, but I checked and there she was. 

Still doesn't help my "Never getting an ND/CB Gold" problem though. Market golds are great, but take so long to get.

1 hour ago, Suzumiya said:

That's how I feel about Neglecteds and CB Golds. It just ain't happening. Why bother getting excited when I see a trade up for one? They won't accept anything I have to offer. And I never see Golds in the cave. 

As for a prize...don't lose hope. I was beyond stunned when I got Iri. I had the same 'eh, why even bother checking' mindset, but I checked and there she was. 

Still doesn't help my "Never getting an ND/CB Gold" problem though. Market golds are great, but take so long to get. 

I am a bit confused by various peoples disillusion. The Market and earning shards is a pretty recent addition to the game. So please remember, for YEARS, there was NO way to get a Silver or Gold if you couldn't catch it or trade for it, unless someone gifted it to you. That is how I got mine. Same goes for NDs. That's also how I got mine, via direct gift or raffle wins. We now have a monthly giveaway for, in addition to Prizes, that a player runs for NDs, completely free, don't have to do anything but enter (very much like the Prize raffles, you would have probably generally earned the dragons you got to "submit your entry" anyway, maybe logging into a forum or some chat server is the price of entry), and we have other raffles ongoing and people who do randomly gift all year thru the player base. So, Gratz to all the Winners, but I really hope the player base remembers how generous the player base is and has become, and continues to be, and how much the Mods and Admins have worked really hard to make options to get some of those hard to get rare dragons from options beyond just catching, trading and/or winning a once a year only Holiday prize. It is not also uncommon to see players offer CVB Rares including Golds and Silvers in various raffles, be them ongoing player run events or one time events they run themselves. So.... perspective if that helps. You just get to choose the perspective. Good luck to you all!

Edited by Natayah

No win here... Actually snuck online on my phone to check my eggs in the middle of the night, went to poke at the Trading Hub and noticed a trade that mentioned 'light elemental for raffle' or somesuch, took way too long for me to realize I should check the raffle page, lol. Of course no win, not that I expected one! 

Out of the light-element breeds listed in the wiki, the only ones I actually need more of are Nebs and Morphodrakes, I believe. I like the variety with the requirements now.

I'm still waiting for the message that I didn't win. Is it not displayed anymore?

(I guess if I had won I'd have an email by now ...)

28 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I'm still waiting for the message that I didn't win. Is it not displayed anymore?

(I guess if I had won I'd have an email by now ...)

Mine looked just as it always does.

Guardians are Light / Neutral. I hope that counts.

Kingcrownes are Light-elemental, too. I have a few of them growing up on my scroll so those will fill up this month's raffle requirements for me in no time at all.

Oh yeah, and Blancblacks are Light-elemental, too!

Edited by Sazandora