Kaini

Raffle Discussion

9 hours ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Guardians are Light / Neutral. I hope that counts.

Does.

I still don't see the "didn't win" message on my raffle page. I even switched to the default skin to see if that makes a difference. I feel like I've been cheated out of the security of knowing that I didn't win.

On 3/31/2019 at 10:26 AM, Natayah said:

I am a bit confused by various peoples disillusion. The Market and earning shards is a pretty recent addition to the game. So please remember, for YEARS, there was NO way to get a Silver or Gold if you couldn't catch it or trade for it, unless someone gifted it to you. That is how I got mine. Same goes for NDs. That's also how I got mine, via direct gift or raffle wins. We now have a monthly giveaway for, in addition to Prizes, that a player runs for NDs, completely free, don't have to do anything but enter (very much like the Prize raffles, you would have probably generally earned the dragons you got to "submit your entry" anyway, maybe logging into a forum or some chat server is the price of entry), and we have other raffles ongoing and people who do randomly gift all year thru the player base. So, Gratz to all the Winners, but I really hope the player base remembers how generous the player base is and has become, and continues to be, and how much the Mods and Admins have worked really hard to make options to get some of those hard to get rare dragons from options beyond just catching, trading and/or winning a once a year only Holiday prize. It is not also uncommon to see players offer CVB Rares including Golds and Silvers in various raffles, be them ongoing player run events or one time events they run themselves. So.... perspective if that helps. You just get to choose the perspective. Good luck to you all!

some one offers neglected for free? ohhh can you tell me where I can enter this raffles?

3 minutes ago, Lady Aracne said:

some one offers neglected for free? ohhh can you tell me where I can enter this raffles?

Follow the Thread so you are aware of when the raffle opens and updates on its status so you never miss out. I also try to announce and encourage others to post (which they often beat me to) about ongoing games, events, raffles, giveaways and prizes run by players in the Player Activity & Events Thread. There is a lot going on in this Community beyond the Game itself, but the DC Prize Raffle is an awesome gift, the Dragon Market & shards is an awesome gift, and DC Admins & Artists & Mods put in a lot of work and effort to make things enjoyable over many holidays and various times of year. But their job isn't to "entertain" us 24/7, there is only so many big bangs they can do. Otherwise they stop being special. So players have gotten together and do some really awesome things. If you poke around the forums and check out some threads, you will be amazed by the generosity and giving and just how much you can get just by asking or entering for nothing. Many people just love to see people have fun and be happy. The same goes for the Admins, Mods and Artists. They don't do this for the glory. They do this to watch us have fun and enjoy the fun. And feel free to look at things people do now and have done in the past if you feel inspired to do you own version of a Player Event to keep things fun and interesting in between the Big Game DC Official Games. After all, it is a game. We play it. We can make it as fun as we want, or as unfun as we want. We control that. The Admins help out a lot and put in a lot of effort, and I greatly appreciate them taking feedback from the Community and striking the balance between keeping something rare and valuable and "prized" and special, but also trying to make it more accessible. In the meantime, there are MANY other things you can also enjoy too. Don't miss out on any of it. It will make your game play time and experience much more rich, and honestly, the real prize on this game is the Players themselves. You will get to know many of them, and so many are just the greatest gems that far outweigh any CB Prize you might ever win. I wish I could wave my wand and grant them all their wishes because they do a lot of that in game every day. So it is fun to win, but sometimes, it is also fun to have human connections that are more than mere pixels. And much more meaningful.

6 minutes ago, Natayah said:

Follow the Thread so you are aware of when the raffle opens and updates on its status so you never miss out. I also try to announce and encourage others to post (which they often beat me to) about ongoing games, events, raffles, giveaways and prizes run by players in the Player Activity & Events Thread. There is a lot going on in this Community beyond the Game itself, but the DC Prize Raffle is an awesome gift, the Dragon Market & shards is an awesome gift, and DC Admins & Artists & Mods put in a lot of work and effort to make things enjoyable over many holidays and various times of year. But their job isn't to "entertain" us 24/7, there is only so many big bangs they can do. Otherwise they stop being special. So players have gotten together and do some really awesome things. If you poke around the forums and check out some threads, you will be amazed by the generosity and giving and just how much you can get just by asking or entering for nothing. Many people just love to see people have fun and be happy. The same goes for the Admins, Mods and Artists. They don't do this for the glory. They do this to watch us have fun and enjoy the fun. And feel free to look at things people do now and have done in the past if you feel inspired to do you own version of a Player Event to keep things fun and interesting in between the Big Game DC Official Games. After all, it is a game. We play it. We can make it as fun as we want, or as unfun as we want. We control that. The Admins help out a lot and put in a lot of effort, and I greatly appreciate them taking feedback from the Community and striking the balance between keeping something rare and valuable and "prized" and special, but also trying to make it more accessible. In the meantime, there are MANY other things you can also enjoy too. Don't miss out on any of it. It will make your game play time and experience much more rich, and honestly, the real prize on this game is the Players themselves. You will get to know many of them, and so many are just the greatest gems that far outweigh any CB Prize you might ever win. I wish I could wave my wand and grant them all their wishes because they do a lot of that in game every day. So it is fun to win, but sometimes, it is also fun to have human connections that are more than mere pixels. And much more meaningful.

Thank you very very much!

I honestly totally forgot to check the raffle this time until I saw something in Help about whether the dual-element dragons counted for raffle requirements.

Of course I didn't win this time, either, but I obviously wasn't expecting to, so I can't be disappointed. XD

I have no light element eggs or hatchies on my scroll at the moment. Too bad that wasn't the requirement when I was doing this lineage.

15 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Too bad that wasn't the requirement when I was doing this lineage.

Beautiful! :wub:

I was hoping Life element dragons would be a requirement. I have six Black Teas growing on my scroll, and as soon as they mature I would immediately have the requirement. As it is now, I just have to raise these random Silver eggs I bred. I normally trade them for stuff, but I need Light element babies and I don't have any but one Lumina. I HAD a Blancback, but I traded him. I didn't know he counted at the time, but now that I know dual-elements count...I wish I'd kept him. He was a hatchie.

27 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

I was hoping Life element dragons would be a requirement. I have six Black Teas growing on my scroll, and as soon as they mature I would immediately have the requirement. As it is now, I just have to raise these random Silver eggs I bred. I normally trade them for stuff, but I need Light element babies and I don't have any but one Lumina. I HAD a Blancback, but I traded him. I didn't know he counted at the time, but now that I know dual-elements count...I wish I'd kept him. He was a hatchie.

Well, we have a whole month to get three dragons grown, so I'm not worried. :)

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, we have a whole month to get three dragons grown, so I'm not worried. :)

I'm one of those OCD people who has to have it done, like, NOW or it bothers me. XD

With my luck, I'll forget! Just need to remember "don't abandon those messy silver eggs, you need them!"

List of all creatures with Light affinity:

Spoiler

Almerald Dragon
Antarean Dragon
Blancblack Dragon
Candelabra Dragon
Guardian Avatar (Creation)
Guardian Dragon
Holiday Dragon (2008) / Yulebuck
Holiday Dragon (2010) / Ribbon Dancer
Holiday Dragon (2018) / Starsinger

Kingcrowne Dragon
Lumina Dragon
Lunar Herald Dragon
Morphodrake
Nebula Dragon
Risensong Dragon
Sapphire Dragon
Setsong Dragon
Silver Dragon
Soulpeace Dragon
Soulstone Dragon
Spirit Ward Dragon
Sunrise Dragon
Sunset Dragon
Sunsong Amphiptere
Ultraviolet Dragon
White Dragon
Yellow-Crowned Dragon

Excluding the 4 holiday dragons, there are 23 breeds to choose from! 5 of these are breed-only.

Ultraviolets!? Cool. Now I have a good reason to breed more of them. And Candelabra...never imagined it would be light, it screams Fire!

On 2/28/2019 at 6:58 PM, Shokomon said:
On 5/31/2018 at 4:09 PM, Shokomon said:

1876910062_NoWinCookie.png.2d1a1f0540c7d1be7e9b16393a6dec37.png

For everybody who wanted cookies.

And for those who don't want cookies:

1758681469_NoWinFruitBasket.png.15c5773c14736d0da7a248bdabfc0cdb.png

No win here for me as well.

And congrats to all the winners!

Still no win. Cookies and Fruit for the "No Win" Team!

Also, because I don't now all the light-aligned dragons: Light Element Dragons

And a spoilered list if you don't feel like going over to the wiki:

Edit:

On 4/2/2019 at 10:48 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

List of all creatures with Light affinity:

Hide contents

Almerald Dragon
Antarean Dragon
Blancblack Dragon
Candelabra Dragon
Guardian Avatar (Creation)
Guardian Dragon
Holiday Dragon (2008) / Yulebuck
Holiday Dragon (2010) / Ribbon Dancer
Holiday Dragon (2018) / Starsinger

Kingcrowne Dragon
Lumina Dragon
Lunar Herald Dragon
Morphodrake
Nebula Dragon
Risensong Dragon
Sapphire Dragon
Setsong Dragon
Silver Dragon
Soulpeace Dragon
Soulstone Dragon
Spirit Ward Dragon
Sunrise Dragon
Sunset Dragon
Sunsong Amphiptere
Ultraviolet Dragon
White Dragon
Yellow-Crowned Dragon

Excluding the 4 holiday dragons, there are 23 breeds to choose from! 5 of these are breed-only.

LOL, whoops. I don't know how I missed this post, but I did. Oh well.

Edited by Shokomon

No win for me (again) but the new raffle requirements are a good excuse to finally breed those Setsongs/Risensongs I've been putting off.  Other Lindwyrms are - Blusang, Paper, Red-finned Tidal (yay!), Script (yay! x2), Seawyrm pygmy, Two-headed Lindwyrm, & (only) the Yellow Zyumorph from the Jungle (eww, zyumrophs :P).

*noms no-win cookie*

(edit for typo)

Edited by Sunrunner

Ehhh.. After almost an hour...

No win. :( 

Oh well, I'll take my time breeding Sun/Setsongs :x 

Congrats to all the winners!

I didn't win either - I didn't fill the requirements for this month since I somehow didn't feel like it this time. Maybe I'll do the next one.

39 minutes ago, Sunrunner said:

No win for me (again) but the new raffle requirements are a good excuse to finally breed those Setsongs/Risensongs I've been putting off.  Other Lindwyrms are - Blusang, Paper, Red-finned Tidal (yay!), Script (yay! x2), Seawyrm pygmy, Two-headed Lindwyrm, & (only) the Yellow Zyumorph from the Jungle (eww, zyumrophs :P).

Since when are Risen/Setsongs Lindwyrms? :blink: I'm pretty sure they used to be Amphipteres (at least in 2017 when I took notes from the Encyclopedia).

Will Zyus count at all? They're not listed as Lindwyrms in the Encyclopedia, and as far as I know, they all turn into Western Undeads.

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Since when are Risen/Setsongs Lindwyrms? :blink: I'm pretty sure they used to be Amphipteres (at least in 2017 when I took notes from the Encyclopedia).

Will Zyus count at all? They're not listed as Lindwyrms in the Encyclopedia, and as far as I know, they all turn into Western Undeads.

Acutally the Risensongs on my scroll (only have 2) are listed as lindwyrms -https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia/1610

So maybe it was changed from back then?

The Yellow Zyu from the Jungle is physically a lindwyrm, so I'd think it would count, but I could be wrong, & since I don't like Zyus, I'll leave it for someone else to test ^_^.

@Sunrunner I see that they are NOW, so I asked WHEN that changed! Do these things get adjusted just to make more breeds count for raffles?

Also, Papers used to be just "Enchanted Object", just like Cheeses (which are now officially Enchanted Construct (Western)).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

@Ruby Eyes That's a good question!  And would it have gone into effect when the raffle requirements were adjusted from just raising any old dragon, do you think?  Or something that came about later.  Wish there was an Update log for minute site tweaks like that on the forum, just to make it easier to keep track of the tiny changes.

13 minutes ago, Sunrunner said:

Wish there was an Update log for minute site tweaks like that on the forum, just to make it easier to keep track of the tiny changes. 

Oh yeah, even if it just said which breed was modified so we'd know where to look for changes ... As long as the Encyclopedia is not searchable with a form or somesuch, I need my spreadsheet data to be accurate! :(

You might as well as just replace this message with "Haha, **** you!" instead. Wouldn't really change anything at all.

meh.png