Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Congrats to everyone else who won!! What a strange and wonderful thing.

I know exactly what I'm naming my new kid, but I'm keeping it a secret for now. :shades:

No win for me or for my boyfriend (this was his first raffle...he was disappointed he didn't get one but has returned to focusing on raising dragons until next month).

I've entered many of them and have yet to win, but my hope remains that I will someday! I'd most love a Silver Shimmer. A Silver Tinsel would be lovely as well. (Honestly, I'd take any one of them; those two are just my favorites.)

I have a few things I'd want to breed for myself and friends, a few trades I'd like to make (ND, metals, 2G swaps), but after that I plan to gift or raffle any babies off. <3

4 minutes ago, MoonShark said:

I have a few things I'd want to breed for myself and friends, a few trades I'd like to make (ND, metals, 2G swaps), but after that I plan to gift or raffle any babies off. <3

That's what I plan to do - finishing scroll goals that have been open for years and then I plan on giving them away randomly and freely.

I really hope I win something other than a bronze tinsel. I mean, I love my prize dragon, but seeing people put "no bronze tinsels" up in their trade posts (especially one with a good code) is kind of sad

19 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I really hope I win something other than a bronze tinsel. I mean, I love my prize dragon, but seeing people put "no bronze tinsels" up in their trade posts (especially one with a good code) is kind of sad

I'd accept a 2g bronze any day of the week, so I don't see why people wouldn't want one, but it's also probably bc I've never actively looked for 2g prizes.

My favorite prizes are silver Tinsels, not sure why I just think they are somehow shinier. If I ever win I'd really love to get one of those. Or any Shimmer, I guess, my Shimmer clan is specially-named so I guess having a CB in there would be nice. 

Just a note, for my own peace of mind: While I plan to gift every single 2nd-gen if I ever win, and honestly that's the only reason I still enter, that certainly does not mean everyone should! You can get some awesome things in exchange for 2nd-gens and if you are lucky enough to have that ability then more power to you! I hope no one ever feels like me, or anyone else here, thinks they're greedy if they want to trade for things that are currently out of their reach. That's certainly never my intention.

Edited by HeatherMarie
embarrassing typo!

No win for me this month but that is okay.  While it would be nice to be able to trade for that one CB Gold that I still need or that neglected that I can't seem to make myself, I will keep plugging away at it slowly but surely.  After all I did manage to catch one CB Gold and it only took me 9 years and three months.  If I ever do win then I plan to trade my 2 G's for those two items and then give the rest away through raffles or other fun ways to gift them out.

Forgot to say Congrats to all the winners this month.

Edited by osean
add comment

17 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

My favorite prizes are silver Tinsels, not sure why I just think they are somehow shinier. If I ever win I'd really love to get one of those. Or any Shimmer, I guess, my Shimmer clan is specially-named so I guess having a CB in there would be nice. 

Just a note, for my own peace of mind: While I plan to gift every single 2nd-gen if I ever win, and honestly that's the only reason I still enter, that certainly does not mean everyone should! You can get some awesome things in exchange for 2nd-gens and if you are lucky enough to have that ability then more power to you! I hope no one ever feels like me, or anyone else here, thinks they're greedy if they want to trade for things that are currently out of their reach. That's certainly never my intention.

Silver is one my favorite colors, hence my desire for one of the silver prizes! :)

I doubt anyone is taking your comment, my comment, or anyone else's comment regarding trading or gifting to mean some people are greedy. :)  Everyone has their own plans for when/if they get an elusive Prize. I plan to trade some babies and then give away the rest. Some people plan to trade them all, others plan to give all of them away. It's up to the player to decide what to do, and I agree that no one should feel judged for their choice.

1 hour ago, Dalek Raptor said:

That's the one I most wanted and strangely enough, the one I got!

*flails happily*

Edited by tiny_gremlin

Not sure I can actually advertise it in here, but anyone who didn't win a CB Prize this month is welcomed to enter my CB Gold Raffle. There's one hour left (as of this comment, in case I forget to edit this in an hour)! 

I forgot there were raffles. Trying to become active once more! I didn't even raise enough dragons to enter lol (3, really).

Congrats those who did win, it makes me happy to see more winners!

Kinda hard to know if you've won or not when there isn't a notification this time around, & yes, I did click enter raffle after meeting the criteria for the month.

32 minutes ago, Siliskor said:

Kinda hard to know if you've won or not when there isn't a notification this time around, & yes, I did click enter raffle after meeting the criteria for the month.

I got a notification in my email. That’s how I found out when I woke up in the morning checking my email on my phone.

44 minutes ago, Siliskor said:

If you won but didn't get a notification that'd be a glitch, I know many other winners did get the notification. If you lost there should be a sentence to that effect on the raffle page, there are no other notifications for people who didn't win. I'm seeing my 'loser' message just fine. Are you sure you were successfully entered?

24 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Are you sure you were successfully entered?

Quite. There's no mistaking the successful entry text. It will not make or break anything in the end for me. I was just surprised at the lack of any sort of notification on the page, e-mail included. 

No win for me, but I do already have one. Congrats to the winners! I would love to gift some 2gen prizes, but my list is very full at the moment.

8 hours ago, pixiezbite said:

Does anyone think it matters when we enter? I usually enter asap so I don't forget-wondering if entering more towards the end would make a difference-lol

No, it shouldn't make a difference when we enter. If it did, then it wouldn't be a random chance draw anymore. :P So just enter whenever it's most convenient for you.

Congrats again to all the winners! It's great to see so many people celebrating! 

My favourite Prize is the Silver Shimmerscale, but I'm most certainly not going to complain about the Bronze Shimmer I have won. :lol:

Silver TinShims are my favorite, but I wouldn't complain about winning any color. I know several combinations that go well with each. Plus I'm sure no one would actually complain about getting a free 2G Bronze, even if they don't want them in Trades. XD

I love how everyone makes plans "I will totally gift all the time if I get one."  Which I also said, but..... mine has yet to produce eggs.  any eggs.  lol

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

I love how everyone makes plans "I will totally gift all the time if I get one."  Which I also said, but..... mine has yet to produce eggs.  any eggs.  lol

Maybe it's because of our plans! We put all these plans and expectations on our little dragons and they are like 'nope, too much pressure, not doing it!'

I just entered the April raffle.

Chances are small and if I actually won again, I'd feel so bad, but damn, I'll still enter every month :lol: