Kaini

Raffle Discussion

It seems to me that it hangs around till you enter again.

On 3/6/2018 at 2:51 AM, Godzalla said:

How could that be fair when people already have CB Prizes win another CB Prize and another CB Prize when other people didn't win anything keep losing!

Does anyone have any stats on this? Or is this all guessing/speculation?

3 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

I might be wrong about this, but doesn't the win/lose message only last for a certain amount of time? When did you check? I just looked at my raffle page and a week later it's no longer displaying the lose message. My understanding is that it only hangs around if you won, in which case you have the whole month to claim your prize. I think the lose messages disappear which could be why you didn't see it. 

I believe that you may be right about this.... I checked mine the day after the drawing and it told me that I hadn't won anything.

That message is definitely gone now.

ALL that is left is the stuff for March's raffle drawing.

1 hour ago, pixiezbite said:

Does anyone have any stats on this? Or is this all guessing/speculation?

It's all guessing, though TJ did once post stats and it REALLY wasn't a huge issue. And RNG is TOTALLY fair. Nothing else is as fair. (No I have never won, nor will I ever. I know this :) )

M ight help some:

So suffice it to say, any given raffle will probably have a repeat winner (IIRC on average, 1.3 repeat winners). Are those people harming your chances at all? Technically yes, but not meaningfully.

If I were to prevent duplicate winners from winning for, say, a whole year, then maybe those 3,000 entries go down to 2,988. That improves the average person's chance of winning by less than a thousandth of a percent.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I entered the raffle last month and then kinda forgot about it. I checked again and I actually won something!! :0 That was the first raffle I entered, I'm both surprised and excited :D

2 hours ago, Kurokosworth said:

I entered the raffle last month and then kinda forgot about it. I checked again and I actually won something!! :0 That was the first raffle I entered, I'm both surprised and excited :D

What a nice surprise for you. Congratulations!

15 hours ago, Kurokosworth said:

Wow, great luck! Congrats to you! ^_^ 

22 hours ago, Kurokosworth said:

Wow, what a great surprise! Congrats!

Good luck everyone! I know it won't be my month, but I hope it is!

Edited by Predat0rs

18 minutes ago, Predat0rs said:

Good luck everyone! I know it won't be my month, but I hope it is!

lol That's pretty much the attitude I've taken with these raffles, I'm pretty darn sure I won't win but there's always hope I guess. 

Good luck everyone, hope to see some more active forum members winning!

Good luck, everyone! It'll be a lovely Easter surprise to those who win (for those who enjoy or celebrate Easter). There's an opportunity for some really cute naming schemes this month and I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with. ^_^ 

It would be nice to win, but theres an almost 0 chance of winning.  Considering that nothing can be truly random, I feel like there could be some very complex method to predicting the raffle winners, but I honestly have no clue how or why you'd spend time trying to calculate that.  Good luck to everyone though!

Oh my GoN?

I- I came back to the game like, a month ago. Haven't played regularly since 2013. Gotta say, I'm really enjoying seeing all the new features and catching all the new dragons! And then...I get an email saying I've won the raffle?

First place??? 

Well, uh, I have no idea how to process this, but uhhh wow! I feel very warmly welcomed back, I suppose!!! (this is literally my first golden shimmer egg what is happening)

I always forget about the drawings until the 2nd or 3rd of the following month (and there have even been months where I forgot to enter at all), so I was rather confused when I got an eMail minutes ago ... why would DC send me an eMail? A forum PM?

Until I read it.

And I remembered it's the 31st.

I.

Got.

Drawn.

There now is a Bronze Shimmerscale on my scroll.

I'm in shock! :blink::o:lol:

@Ketsala: Congrats to you too!

Edited by Gluria

*cheers!* Congrats to you both!! 

I of course did not win. But I did successfully make a zombie tonight so I guess that's something?

Congrats @Ketsala and @Gluria on your wins! :D How exciting! Any name ideas in mind yet? And congratulations to anyone else who was a winner this month! ^_^

1 minute ago, StormWizard212 said:

Congrats @Ketsala and @Gluria on your wins! :D How exciting! Any name ideas in mind yet? And congratulations to anyone else who was a winner this month! ^_^

I don't have any ideas yet. I would have had several ideas for a code (in the past the winners of the holiday raffles got to choose the code of their dragon I think), but right now I'm quite clueless.

I won't influence the egg, so I'll wait for it to gender before I decide on anything. :D

Oh my! I cannot believe it!

I won-- and it is a TINSEL!!!!

I was so giddy when I read (and understood what I was reading) the email that I almost started jumping with joy...then I remembered I'm supposed to be an adult and refrained myself. ;)

Congrats to the winners!

*hands around the now-traditional plate of "no win here" consolation cookies*

I take one of those cookies then, Amazon ;D

Congrats to the winners though! Enjoy your shiny and have fun playing around with it! XD

Bronze Tinsel for me as well.  *whispers*  It's just the one I wanted.  /whisper

Trust me.  I am one of those people who never wins anything.  I am in a monstrous amount of shock right now.