Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

I'm so excited about this! I recognised the prisoner's dilemma from a book I read a while ago, and I just got so happy and excited, I love this kind of stuff! biggrin.gif

I was very, very tempted to blame, but luckily got at least a normal mint. A very cool april fool's event!

I just hope that if the upside-down ones stick around I'll get to trade for one later.

Confused, is this a one shot deal then or does it come up more than once for everyone? I've read some had more than one chance at the event, but most others only see it once.

I got the prompt, but the page didn't load correctly so I stupidly refreshed and it just took me back to the regular biome. There's no egg on my scroll so I guess I was eaten, but I never saw the screen to know for sure.

aw man, i died D:

What's all this about flipped eggs or whatever?

Some people who select Blame will get an upside-down Mint egg with Cave as the biome.

Someone said they traded for one, so yeah. They can be bitten, influenced, etc.

I hope there's a scroll badge and everyone gets one thumbs_up.png

If the flipped mints remain unusual in any way I'll gladly breed mine and distribute eggs via the departure thread

Yes I would be happy with a scroll badge after getting eaten. xd.png

Also has anyone noticed their leetle trees changed from spring sprites to a really tiny itty bitty tree sprite now?

I said nothing.

"You stand there silently, and refuse to sell out your anonymous counterpart; hopefully they did the same.

After what feels like an eternity, the dragon backs away, leaving you free to go. As you scramble away, you grab the first egg that catches you eye."

Normal Mint. tongue.gif

I like the prank, short and sweet. smile.gif

Also has anyone noticed their leetle trees changed from spring sprites to a really tiny itty bitty tree sprite now?

I didn't. Until now. Thanks! laugh.gif

Edited by jocosa

I think it's supposed to be a leetle broccoli! tongue.gif

TJ has a pretty consistent record of playing April fools jokes where the joke is that...its not a joke. So i wouldn't be surprised if we got to keep the eggs. I doubt he would let us trade/ count views/ bite them ect if they were going to vanish.

Past April fools examples:

2009: Uncatchible eggs

2010: four new (real) eggs were released (nebula, canopy, hellfire, sunsong.) and golds & guardians got stealth sprite updates.

2011: carrot cave and the new (real & permanent) color variations for nebulas + a new (real) leetle tree sprite (broccoli) that still shows up every April fools.

2012: dino cave (fake)

2013 festival of fake eggs

2014: The Dragon Encyclopedia- which we still have.

2016 - Celestial Dragons surprise release. The new BSA confused people as to whether the release was real or fake but they are still here.

* ~~*~~*

He has a good record of giving us permanent things on April fools. The fact that we are getting mints and balloons instead of golds and silvers suggests that he had the cave ratios in mind when making this- as well as ensuring there wasn't a huge uproar over people missing out on potential rares.

Edited by Sylviadragon

I don't think that leetle tree sprite is broccoli. Looks like a tiny tree or bush to me. Bushes can also be up off the ground a little.

I have already grown attached to my new mint.

When I started reading the "event" I thought "I'll just blame myself".

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Several hours laters, still no second chance. Can anyone here actually confirm for themselves they got more than one chance or are we just speculating? I have tried just about everything and it didn't work. I got upside down mint in my first attempt if it matters.

I have a feeling the eggs might not disappear when the day ends. Because I got an upside down mint, but on my scroll it appears rightside up.

If anyone's curious, this game is based on the Prisoner's Dilemna, which goes as follows:

Two members of a criminal gang are arrested and imprisoned. Each prisoner is in solitary confinement with no means of communicating with the other. The prosecutors lack sufficient evidence to convict the pair on the principal charge. They hope to get both sentenced to a year in prison on a lesser charge. Simultaneously, the prosecutors offer each prisoner a bargain. Each prisoner is given the opportunity either to: betray the other by testifying that the other committed the crime, or to cooperate with the other by remaining silent. The offer is:

If A and B each betray the other, each of them serves 2 years in prison

If A betrays B but B remains silent, A will be set free and B will serve 3 years in prison (and vice versa)

If A and B both remain silent, both of them will only serve 1 year in prison (on the lesser charge)

The DC equivalent is option 1, both people blame each other, nobody gets anything

Option 2, one person is silent, one blames the other, the person who blames the other gets the upside down egg

Option 3, if both people choose to be silent, they both get a normal mint.

I don't think that leetle tree sprite is broccoli. Looks like a tiny tree or bush to me. Bushes can also be up off the ground a little.

It's broccoli but it does look like a wee shrubbery.

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Leetle_Tree

During the "Carrot Cave" event of April Fools' Day 2011, the sprite changed into a broccoli.

Fetch me...a shrubbery!

NI!

Saw this last night but I didn't know know there wasn't really another person on the other end so I decided to be nice that round and so I stayed silent. Bummer. I got eaten and I didn't get an egg. I should have been a snitch. xd.png

Fetch me...a shrubbery!

xd.pngxd.png I lol'd at this one xd.png . I still haven't had the luck of getting that page again, oh well... *shrugs* at least I got one Mint out of it.

I got the prompt and I did 'say nothing' and got a right side up mint egg. I've been trying to get the prompt to come up again, but I haven't had any luck. Can anyone confirm getting the prompt again?

I was wondering if 'the other person' is actually a 'real' other person, i.e. someone actually in the biome at the time, or just a computer generated one & it's all in effect down to a computer-generated chance when it comes to the end result?

I think it's generated. It wasn't like I had to wait for the other person to choose his/her answer.

Would be most amazing if the poor betrayed souls would get anythi g out of it too. Like a special badge or anything xd.png

A small compensation for not being able to get one of those lovely loony Loons. Buhuhuuuuuuuu *criesandwigglesheavilywithherarms*