TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Where can i go to get the cat bed so i can have a little kitten in my house?

Does anyone know if there's any indication when you have all the furniture items? Also since it's random, is it possible to get repeat items?

I've gotten a plush Mint, Magi, Blusang, Thalassa, Chicken and a Brown Plush Bear and Brown Plush Cat.

Magi even come in 2 sizes, the large one is fairly impressive! And I think there's a plush dog as well, or at least that's what it looks like to me. And a Tsunami. smile.gif

Where can i go to get the cat bed so i can have a little kitten in my house?

Just keep playing mini games. Rewards given are totally random.

When I'm in house edit mode, scrolling through my items the game freezes on occasion. Is that happening to anyone else? It didn't start happening until today. I finished the main quest if that makes any difference.

When I'm in house edit mode, scrolling through my items the game freezes on occasion. Is that happening to anyone else? It didn't start happening until today. I finished the main quest if that makes any difference.

yeah thats happening to me too no idea how to fix it

Farming, in video game terminology, means doing a specific thing, usually the easiest one available, over and over to get a desired payout. In this case you would be "farming" a mini game that you find easy or enjoyable to eventually get all the furniture. My suggestion is to avoid cat catching and finding Bord. Bord is time consuming and can be frustrating. Cat catching requires you to run all the way to another screen and back to reset, which is time consuming. Sledding is my game of choice, and other people have mentioned doing finding Patch.

Personally I think postal delivery is easiest--3 of the 4 are literally right next to the post office anyway, and the other is only a touch farther away and gives you a convenient excuse to hit the sledding game too.

Dog finding is also pretty quick and you're right next to a new area to the south, so it's easy to dash out and back to restart the event.

Wait, so in free-play mode we can just keep doing quests until we get all the items?

Man, I missed out on that part of the wording. Time to go....err....now I gotta decide what quest I enjoy most...guess I'll sled?

Will we have access to our houses AFTER the event finishes?

If not, I won't be wasting my time on it wink.gif

Wait, so in free-play mode we can just keep doing quests until we get all the items?

Man, I missed out on that part of the wording. Time to go....err....now I gotta decide what quest I enjoy most...guess I'll sled?

I love the cats. Exit out of the game and reenter

I'd like to know this too. I'm taking screenshots just in case. smile.gif

Obviously I don't know for sure, but clicking the event badge leads to a new page that currently has nothing there... which makes me guess it'll show our houses once the event is done.

Due to certain circumstances, I am stuck only using one hand to interact for the most part with the game, so I did Finding Patch.

Am I the only one that, once finding Patch, the dog proceeds to run at you using blazing speed until both you and the dog disappear from the corner of the map? This doesn't really change that you beat the game, but it sure looks like Patch is determined to win at hiding in plain sight.

Wow, birdz, that's awesome art! Is this all yours or is some from other spriters? I definitely love it!

I'm glad you like it :) I drew the character art, but I made sure to run the art of a couple characters by other artists before finalizing them because I wanted to make sure they were accurate, since not all characters were originally concepted by me.

(And to those that noticed the wordplay... yes, Process and I were hoping someone would notice Eben and Ezer's names, haha.)

I think I will be doing the post office from now on. I was doing Patch, but some of the big dogs kept getting in my way so I couldn't get past them no matter what. I was totally boxed in on all sides and wasted a lot of time trying to get around them or get them to move! I could see Patch, but not get to him.

I still need a lot of the items, so I guess I will be working on this for awhile.

I must say a huge thanks to Process and Odeen and birdz and everyone else who was involved in this and to TJ for programming it all. It took me awhile to get into it, but once I did I was hooked. I was glad that the quests were a bit easier than last year. My biggest problem was that I have a terrible sense of direction (can get lost just going around a block), but the cheater maps were a great help with that and got me where I needed to be. smile.gif

I am also rather grateful that we still have some days left to collect all the furniture and decor items and play around with our houses.

Finally got those awesome cat beds. I was confused at how to get them to contain cats at first, but then I discovered the toggle function ~

How do you toggle? I've been trying everything I can think of!!! Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this!

How do you toggle? I've been trying everything I can think of!!! Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this!

you select an item and some items when the menu pops up has the toggle option.

those items would be windows and the cat beds (cat). i dont know if there are any more that have the toggle function

Put your cursor over the item as usual; beneath the option to move it should be a toggle option. Note that not every item has toggle options, but cat beds / windows / fireplaces / small tables and some other things usually do :3

Not all items have a toggle feature. I believe there is a cat bed with and one without. It should show up as one of the options when you place the white square on an item and select it. It shows up as one of the actions along with move, return to inventory and cancel.

Not all items have a toggle feature. I believe there is a cat bed with and one without. It should show up as one of the options when you place the white square on an item and select it. It shows up as one of the actions along with move, return to inventory and cancel.

The other cat beds have nothing to do with actual cats. I have a cat bed for ME to sleep on, for instance ! It's only the one called "cat bed (cat)" that can have one via toggle.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Try entering your house, refreshing, leaving, and then entering again. Hopefully that shows your recently placed items. :3

Thanks for your response! :3 After going back in the game, my items are there, except somehow a random bed was placed in front of the door, so I keep getting shoved out whenever I enter my house. (I saw another user having the same problem).

*Edit*

I finished day 7. After clearing my cache, I finally got Avery to appear. Still can't stay in my house and decorate though :/ Help would be appreciated!

Edited by Katiee

Thank you birdz for the wonderful artwork and information! So Ezer is ten.... That makes a lot of sense.

JBluewind, your headcanon makes a lot of sense as well. I'm pansexual and I love the idea of a LGBTQ+ characters in this game.

Thanks! I put a lot of thought into it happy.gif