TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Maybe it's the hardware you're using? At that point there's not much I can tell you to do other than to try another computer or another browser. Or just pray that your computer doesn't freeze like water in winter...heh.

Hmm, I personally doubt that it is a problem on the user's end, when the freezing problem is specific to gift-giving, has happened to several people and has happened within roughly the same time span as well (basically tonight). I think we must be dealing with some kind of glitch in the game here, which I hope will be resolved in a reasonable time frame, as it does impact people's ability to decorate their houses (as the gift-giving is a crucial part of that).

I have really enjoyed the game so far. And I was having fun re-decorating my house until the game froze on me. I refreshed and came back to the ice fireplace blocking my door. Now, every time I enter, I get pushed back out of my house. I have tried refreshing, hard refreshing, clearing all data and cookies, both Mozilla and Chrome browsers, and using the out of bounds link. Nothing is working. I really want to finish decorating my house. Any help or suggestions please?

You should no longer get any freezes when getting furniture from minigames

there were issue with a few items being named incorrectly causing the game to crash when received

be sure to refresh and clear your cache

Edited by Process

And ok, sledding had a out that I didn't think of. And come to think of it, don't the other two (maze and dog catching) exit the game before the payout? So you won't get trapped in those either.

I don't know about the dog-catching, but the maze definitely has an out as well (which I accidentally discovered earlier today, as I wasn't meaning to go out of the maze at all).

If already deep inside the maze, just go back to the place where you stand at the very beginning of the maze and then keep walking. Or if you just entered the maze: simply turn your back to the maze and then keep on walking in the direction "from which you came from". You will then automatically be transported outside the maze and find yourself standing in front of the girl again (who oddly enough doesn't appear to have a name, unlike all the other characters in the game).

Hmm, I personally doubt that it is a problem on the user's end, when the freezing problem is specific to gift-giving, has happened to several people and has happened within roughly the same time span as well (basically tonight).

Perhaps it is the game, and it probably is. I personally haven't had any issues regarding game performance, but I feel that a hard refresh typically sorts everything out and is the solution for most game-based problems.

PATCH FIX

there were issue with a few items being named incorrectly causing the game to crash when received

So I'm not sure if this is a glitch or intentional, but I'm not able to get the cat window with the tree on the same level as the other windows. It either goes above the "wall" or below it. Like this.

EDIT: Thank you, it's working now!

Edited by willworkforhugs

Thank you, I'm very happy to hear that a fix was found! biggrin.gif I'm going to give the quests in the game another try right away! happy.gif

EDIT: It's working like a dream! I just successfully completed two quests. laugh.gif

Edited by Duysterwald

Oh, neat. Hopefully this fixes all of the issues (I actually did just get a frozen screen on gift payout, but a refresh did fix everything.

I have hard refreshed and cleared my cache but the new day isn't loading

I went into my house, hard refreshed, then left my house, and that triggered it for me. Try one more time for luck?

I am having trouble editing/decorating my house. Every time I click on the pencil icon and choose a piece of furniture the furniture started out in the center of the room and then I get a black screen. I click on the edit icon again and the MC came back in the room. I couldn't move the furniture to where I wanted at all.

birdzgoboom thanks for the great character info.

*shakes head* I am not that confident that Ezer is going to find friends in Nulhora. True there are nice people there, but it seems to me that Ezer and Eben are NOT nice at all. Causing a weather disaster with the goal of ruining everyons joy.. I am not surprised they don't have friends with that attitude.

Had to go back into my house and do a hard refresh (always do a double one now!) to begin.

Huge thanks to everyone involved for this year's game. After last year, I started quaking in my boots as soon as temples were mentioned but this year the game was time consuming rather than hard. I managed everything without having to ask for help.

Looking forward to returning for another quest next year!

Ah... Ezer is ten... that explains his decisions a lot. *Pats his head*

Relaxing take on the game this year. 'Very enjoyable... I am still trying to get everything possible, but I have no idea how long that will take.

I've determined SNOWA is renowned for his/her exceptional strength and puzzle solving skills and that is why these dudes keep asking him/her for help on quests. SNOWA just how muscled are you under that parka?

The Thalassian pair are incredibly designed! I cannot wait to see who/what else might populate Valkemare.

Really love the detail!!

This has been an AWESOME adventure! I wub.gif 'd it!!

btw... Avery's little smirk is enchanting <3

Is there a list of all items we can get from the mini-games? or at least how many there are?

Yes, there is.... more or less. smile.gif Check out this section of the Dragon Cave wiki:

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Currently_B...ive_Expeditions

Read the little paragraph under "House Editing Controls" and then click on the brown button "Show/Hide" if you so wish. As described in the paragraph, this will show you a list of all the items that are currently known to the editors of the wiki so far. smile.gif