TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Oh Wow I love these events! Maybe there was some small problems, but it was amazing after all!

Thanks all people who made it!

I wonder if one day there will be open world of the map in the home page of DC, where you can find some dragons and etc.

I wish Happy new year to everyone!

Oh, story is awesome, but I have a big trouble with last day.sad.gif My progress of this day didn't save, so every time I refresh my browser it starts from the begining of the Day 7. I didn't have any problems before. Please, could anyone to help me?

Did you clear your cache before you started ? Ever since birdz mentioned it, I've done that every day.

Am I the only one got stuck in day sixth?

I couldn't open the 2nd door in the jungle temple. Moving the stone pillars thounsand time but nothing worked, Avery just say again and again sad.gif

Woo! Finished the last day. I honestly thought there was going to be battle. I was sitting here like: "Ack! I haven't leveled up once! What is my move set?!"

But in the end it was just finding him twice. xd.png Lovely story and characters. Thank you every one that worked on it. As far as unlocking all the items, I'm good with what I have. ^ _ ^

WB

Anyone not able to start day 7? I've cleared my cache, reset, and refreshed several times now... sad.gif

Am I the only one got stuck in day sixth?

I couldn't open the 2nd door in the jungle temple. Moving the stone pillars thounsand time but nothing worked, Avery just say again and again sad.gif

They have to match symbols EXACTLY with the others; Avery will say more pillars until you get that right.

Do we know if Luna is rosy-winged or blue-winged? Which one is she?

If I remember last year well, she should be rosy winged. biggrin.gif

They have to match symbols EXACTLY with the others; Avery will say more pillars until you get that right.

Oh my God, IT DID WORK, you are my lifesaver,

How come?it took me the whole day even I used math, number the stone pillars to calculate how I could move them.

Oh my God, thank you sooooooo much, you save me. Thank you!

To those of you that wanted to see, here is an image album of character art and some basic character information.

(I figure Imgur is better to use than Deviantart for this...)

Wow, that's fantastic! I'd definitely like to see more of this game and those characters.

For now, I'm done. Finished day 7 and was a bit shocked that there aren't 12 days of adventures in Nulhora/Alhira. Huh, and the Thalassians never talked to me again after our big adventure in the jungle, that hurt! And I tried to visit Quark at the Mining Outpost, but the door is always locked. Oh well, never mind. cool.gif This has been a wonderful event, thanks again to everyone involved! And now I guess I'm going to round up cats and deliver parcels until I finally get that Mint plushie. wub.gif

Wow do the items ever end? I've been finding patch for quite some time now :c

nevermind got it, after all items are gained Jade just thanks you and that's it

Edited by Scarlet

Wow, that's fantastic! I'd definitely like to see more of this game and those characters.

For now, I'm done. Finished day 7 and was a bit shocked that there aren't 12 days of adventures in Nulhora/Alhira. Huh, and the Thalassians never talked to me again after our big adventure in the jungle, that hurt! And I tried to visit Quark at the Mining Outpost, but the door is always locked. Oh well, never mind. cool.gif This has been a wonderful event, thanks again to everyone involved! And now I guess I'm going to round up cats and deliver parcels until I finally get that Mint plushie. wub.gif

Oh I forgot about that. More parcels, then smile.gif

Every furniture item in the game ~

user posted image

The easiest furniture "farming" is with Jade and Patch quest tongue.gif you just go down and reset and back up to do it again over and over ~

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

I am no longer receiving any items from quests. I tried to count the items in my inventory, but I'm experiencing some freezing issues, so I've counted around 290-300 house decoration items.

Any confirmation if this is correct would be nice.

i finally got the green sofa! (alhira couch)

another million parcels for perl and galys. i still don't have everything.

Ok, I guess I'm confused, TJ said that this even would run for 12 days starting on Xmas. It's only been a week and the quest is done. Are we just supposed to redo all the side quests until Jan 7?

Thank you TJ and Spriters! I had a good time playing.

It seems there is an offsetting issue with the furniture in my house. The cat tree and cat bed are normally set over more than one block in the grid, and for some reason the cat bed is in the lower right square of the grid, and the tree is floating between the wall and empty space.

Anyone not able to start day 7? I've cleared my cache, reset, and refreshed several times now... sad.gif

Looks like I have issues as well. I move out of my house but no Avery. sad.gif

I had a bed fall off the edge again today. What I AM cross about is that yesterday I had two cat plushies on top of a table. I foolishly moved the table. Can I get them back on there - even where it used to be ? Nope. Anyone have any ideas ?

odd - I think the idea is that we can carry on until we have everything and at least we will have plenty of time to decorate before it freezes in a horrible way like the wreaths did ! Though didn't TJ say new things would be added every day ?

ETA nope, but

New content will be made available periodically during the event.

There may be more to do later ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

I have completed Day 7! A big thank you to everybody who was involved with producing this great Christmas Event, including the New Release Snow dragon smile.gif

I just need to keep repeating the side-quests until I gather all of the items. I only have 57 items available at the moment.

Ending was a huge letdown. Thought something epic would happen but all we did was play an easy game of hide-and-seek and get a friendship lesson and instant forgiveness with no punishment for throwing the world out of balance.

Dear crap....Ezar is an MLP villain.....

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone else has a great new year.

This years christmas event was really awesome I wish I could do the story all over again but without the gliches and bugs.

=^.x.^=

Would you share it????

Well... for some reason I read the story as having more depth. I seen Ezer as an angry kid that shuts down anyone who gets close. It's how he acts from his first interaction with us (if you talk to him on day 1) onward. It's automatic. He' miserable and depressed. Even after the quest, he says "... but... I guess I realize now that other people aren't too bad after all..." meaning something happened to make him think they WERE bad. He's different and might have been bullied/abused/had a terrible life experience which is why he has no friends. He wants friendship but he's become so bitter as a defense mechanism to keep from getting hurt that no one will give him a chance.

And then he meets Avery who even when he's actively trying to push everyone away, says he understands. Avery who is stern but kind to him. There is a lot of pausing on that part of the story like somehow Avery looks and this kid and knows exactly where he is in his life and why he acts the way he does. After the story is over, Avery says that "I guess he's still not used to being around a lot of people, so he's sticking with me for now." meaning that Ezer trusts him and is slowly working toward showing others his true self.

So what does all that mean to me when put together? Ezar is LGBTQ+. Perhaps he's gay or identifies as female or something along those lines and putting a toe out of the closet was so disastrous and painful that it left him/her bitter towards everyone (or he/she can't hide his/her true self well enough to not be a target for others). Ezar is trying so hard to hide who he* is that he lashes out at everyone who gets close so as to not get hurt.

However, after some long pauses (which there were a lot of the last scene), Avery put two and two together. Avery understands Ezar so well because he was once in the same boat. Powerful magical adult Avery is also LGBTQ+, but unlike Ezar he's come out the other side and no longer hiding his true self. Avery is perhaps gay or was identified female at birth but transitioned to male using magic. He was hurt by others. He knows that pain. So he takes angry little Ezar under his wing to mentor him. Ezar is no longer alone.

So why do I think someone LGBTQ+ might have a hard time in this land? I used context clues. In the previous Valentine event, the pairs mentioned were male/female. Gifts for humans showed that their society is gender binary with some gifts having preexisting gender assignments (James felt embarrassed that he wanted a doll). In the Christmas events, there are male/female pairings/interests/spouses, but no same sex couples or the like that I found (I might have missed one and would love it to be pointed out if I did). It might exist in their society to some extent, but since it's not part of the everyday it's still possible for some to have strong negative feelings about it.

Why does such a head canon mean so much to me? Because I'm polysexual (I'm attracted to multiple genders but not all. It's like bisexual plus). I've caught more crap than a port-a-potty for it. I hid for years. It made me angry and depressed to pretend. Since coming out, I've been called things I can't share here, asked things no normal acquaintance would ask another with such ease (sometimes things I wouldn't expect even a partner to ask), and accused of outlandish things, but I'm happy because I get to be myself instead of pretending. I know DC can never openly do a story about somebody like me or anyone in the LGBTQ+ rainbow because people would act foolishly over it, but it's nice to pretend that that's what happened here.

* using male pronouns for Ezar from this point on just for brevity sake