TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Map post.

She is, she's in the house slightly to the southwest of the sledding game in that same map. The house entrance is facing east.

I didn't realise you could enter that house from the side, didn't see a door

Was anyone able to fix the furniture crash bug?

I still can't decorate my house because the game freezes when I scroll down to the Blue Couch :/

I've seen a few people say this for a couple different items; it might need its own Help thread.

(Before that, did a hard refresh fix it?)

Farming, in video game terminology, means doing a specific thing, usually the easiest one available, over and over to get a desired payout. In this case you would be "farming" a mini game that you find easy or enjoyable to eventually get all the furniture.

And farming is completely different from grinding. In consequence, people that are absolutely against grinding, for example to get points to earn dragons, are absolutely pro-farming during this event. Makes sense.

I'm trying to get more furniture but I'm having issues making Snowa obey the walking commands. He's walking into walls and houses and stuff. It's like he's drunk off his ass, and I can't get him into the post office because of it, boo.

I'm trying to get more furniture but I'm having issues making Snowa obey the walking commands. He's walking into walls and houses and stuff. It's like he's drunk off his ass, and I can't get him into the post office because of it, boo.

Have you tried refreshing? Hard refreshing?

And farming is completely different from grinding. In consequence, people that are absolutely against grinding, for example to get points to earn dragons, are absolutely pro-farming during this event. Makes sense.

There is a big, big difference between complaining about a mechanic in an already-implemented limited-time holiday event and arguing against adding limitless grinding to a permanent in game store that hasn't yet been added or even confirmed to be added.

Delivering mail over and over to finish my furniture collecting is far from exhilarating but with the event ending soon and so much awesome work put into it I'm hardly going to throw a hissy over something so small.

Your username is rather fitting, isn't it? Be merry!

I finished the story, but only did some of the quests.

I did these:

-mail delivery

-finding the dog

-finding bord

-sledding

Which am I missing and where do I find them.

Hi,everyone,

I can play all little games ,but why can I find the final chapter?

I can't find them,can someone tell me why or what to do ?

Thanks a lot ,and wish a Happy new year~~

Have you tried refreshing? Hard refreshing?

I tried but at the end I just restarted my computer. Thank you, though!

There is a big, big difference between complaining about a mechanic in an already-implemented limited-time holiday event and arguing against adding limitless grinding to a permanent in game store that hasn't yet been added or even confirmed to be added.

Delivering mail over and over to finish my furniture collecting is far from exhilarating but with the event ending soon and so much awesome work put into it I'm hardly going to throw a hissy over something so small.

Your username is rather fitting, isn't it? Be merry!

Going personal, aren't you? That's your problem. I refuse to.

Hi,everyone,

Enter your house, then exit it again to prompt the new day. If that's not working, throw a hard refresh in there.

Note that there is one day where AVERY doesn't come find you - you need to go talk to him by the fountain to start the quest.

Going personal, aren't you? That's your problem. I refuse to.

I'm putting an end to this discussion. Move on or bring it to PM. Further posts will be deleted.

That character concept art is really cool to see, birdz!! I love the thought that was put even into even minor characters, and the extra details are much appreciated.

This is correct, he is an alt Black hatchling.

Thank you both! smile.gif

Was anyone able to fix the furniture crash bug?

I still can't decorate my house because the game freezes when I scroll down to the Blue Couch :/

Mine is now freezing around the Hannukah Table if I scroll down and at Nulhora Table if I scroll in reverse. No amount of hard refreshes or cache clearing is helping. sad.gif Was there an official thread for reporting this anywhere? I scrolled back but could only see the one for being stuck in your house (which thankfully hasn't happened yet!)

Mine is now freezing around the Hannukah Table if I scroll down and at Nulhora Table if I scroll in reverse. No amount of hard refreshes or cache clearing is helping. sad.gif Was there an official thread for reporting this anywhere? I scrolled back but could only see the one for being stuck in your house (which thankfully hasn't happened yet!)

There is a recent one. You can check for things like this in the Help section. ;3

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=177279

That character concept art is really cool to see, birdz!! I love the thought that was put even into even minor characters, and the extra details are much appreciated.

Thanks! I'm glad you found it interesting.

I did add some new paragraphs of character information for each character here, as I saw it being discussed and figured I should add it all now that I've got a bit of time.

Hi,everyone,

If you enter your house and exit it, Avery should approach you if you have every other story chapter quest done, to do the last story chapter quest. If he doesn't, I would just try clearing your cache and reloading the game again, and entering/re-exiting your house.

So I finished the little game, feels good but also sad as it was enjoyable and now is over smile.gif

Thank you all so much for this, loved it last year also!

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

<3

Thanks! I'm glad you found it interesting.

I did add some new paragraphs of character information for each character here, as I saw it being discussed and figured I should add it all now that I've got a bit of time.

Thank you for adding more details! I had been wondering about Ezer's family since he's only 10. But... "from the slums"? What slums? There are slums in Nulhora (or Alhira)? blink.gif The place looks so idyllic...

Are we supposed to get endless repeated items of furniture ? I am grinding away in the hope of the mint plushie and keep getting stuff I already had.... is anyone else ? (Mind you, given that that's been my only glitch so far (touch wood) I can't really complain laugh.gif

Hi,everyone,

If solution that already mentioned aren't worked for you, you can try visiting water temple again. (The place where those artifacts were.) I don't know how that works but it worked for me.

I guess thievery stemming from poverty and a lack of positive role models would exist even in pretty places like Nulhora or Alhira. Ezer probably gets forgiven despite his actions because he's still too young to really grasp the severity, and also, he's probably got the capability to be a strong mage, since he had the capacity to do something as crazy as mixing up the weather even though he's young, and you can't get through the water temple without using magic.

I think my way of thinking, though, follows the cliche that the most powerful magic-users in a story tend to cause an enormous amount of destruction just as children. It could be positive if the children have a good influence in life, but it could end very badly if they aren't given some sort of guidance. Avery probably recognizes that, along with the fact that Ezer struggles socially and has had a lot of trouble in the past. It's kind of hard to ignore someone when you see them going down the wrong path and you know what their real potential is. It's really hard to let someone that could do good things slip through the cracks. Hence now Avery is probably going to wind up as Ezer's mentor, if that isn't already established just with the information.

I think, despite glitches, this game was beautifully done, and the story is actually really thoughtful, since Ezer also touches on the subject that, while it's supposed to be a time of happiness and gathering with friends and family, that isn't always something that a person has. If your family is fragmented or somehow absent from your life, or if you don't have any friends, seeing others having fun with their loved ones is actually really painful. A lot of people actually grow very depressed and frustrated during the holidays, and that's something that we tend to not notice because of the typical atmosphere.

Overall, and glitches aside, the writers, programmers, and artists deserve a congratulations for their work. You guys keep getting better every passing year.