TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Okay, there are two questions I would like answered before the event ends, hopefully to help everyone (because I haven't seen answers to these questions):

1) Will the users be able to see/play in their houses AFTER the event is over? There are a few details that it WILL happen (someone noticed the badge leads to a blank page that might not be blank after the event is over), but I'd like some confirmation from a mod. I'm taking screenshots of my house just in case, though.

2) How will users know when they've collected all the items? Will minigames just stop saying "You've received X," or will they stop being functional altogether?

Whoever designed Avery, Awesome job!! A mage and an archer.... wub.gifwub.gif

;u; thanks. He's probably one of the few characters I've ever designed that I've been happy with, so the Avery love is appreciated.

KittyZozo- you'll still be able to play the minigames after getting all the furniture, you just won't receive new rewards anymore.

user posted image

The FINAL story chapter is available starting TONIGHT. (Yes, it was an early update. :y)

With the last Ice Artifact in hand, you travel with Avery to put it back where it belongs and right what's wrong...

To those of you experiencing issues starting the next chapter: Please clear your cache and hard refresh your game before exiting your house. Your browser is probably running an old version of the game, pre-Chapter 7/Final Chapter update. Avery should approach you for the beginning of this chapter. Good luck!

Added note: After completing the last chapter, you will enter Free Play mode and be able to gather furniture from minigames as you see fit.

So the story is done now, but the game will still be availablr e until the 5th, right?

*Edit*

I finished day 7. After clearing my cache, I finally got Avery to appear. Still can't stay in my house and decorate though :/ Help would be appreciated!

I think someone with this issue needs to create a new help thread for it, as I think TJ will need to provide an option to reset all decorations or something. I did forward someone's PM to TJ, but a Help thread might work better to show there are several people with the issue.

EDIT: I would go post in the new thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=177284 so we can get an idea of how many people are experiencing this. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

;u; thanks. He's probably one of the few characters I've ever designed that I've been happy with, so the Avery love is appreciated.

KittyZozo- you'll still be able to play the minigames after getting all the furniture, you just won't receive new rewards anymore.

Is there a full image of him somewhere?

Okay, there are two questions I would like answered before the event ends, hopefully to help everyone (because I haven't seen answers to these questions):

1) Will the users be able to see/play in their houses AFTER the event is over? There are a few details that it WILL happen (someone noticed the badge leads to a blank page that might not be blank after the event is over), but I'd like some confirmation from a mod. I'm taking screenshots of my house just in case, though.

2) How will users know when they've collected all the items? Will minigames just stop saying "You've received X," or will they stop being functional altogether?

Some people have said they are no longer getting anything. I on the other hand am getting endless repeat items as I go on and on trying to get that mint plushie !

Am I missing something? I'm trying to catch up since I'm several days behind, but the story icon never gets a check, even when I've completed everything for the day, and the check marks for the daily mini-games never goes away. I've completed 2 days now and never got the check for the story and the checks on the mini-games stayed, which I think means I can't do them again to get items.

Thank you so much to all the developers and spriters of the game! I loved it quite a bit, and the story was good.

I love the new dragon so much ( / w\)

Edit: Thank you, JBluewind, for those amazing thoughts ;o; I would love for that to be canon ;w;

Daw. Thank YOU for the reply biggrin.gif

Sorry I missed it until now unsure.gif

Am I missing something? I'm trying to catch up since I'm several days behind, but the story icon never gets a check, even when I've completed everything for the day, and the check marks for the daily mini-games never goes away. I've completed 2 days now and never got the check for the story and the checks on the mini-games stayed, which I think means I can't do them again to get items.

The minigame checkmarks stay because they reset every 24 real hours, not based on the "days" in the story line. Don't worry about it, because when you're done with the story you can play the games over and over to get items.

I'm starting to get upset that I'm not getting the cat bed for the cat. I've been doing challenges for it and they're giving me everything under the sun but the stupid cat bed mad.gif

The mini games reset each day at midnight cave time.

Anyone know how many items there are in the game? I've been at it for what seems like an hour either spamming the sled or delivering packages when bored, and there's no end in sight.

Anyone know how many items there are in the game? I've been at it for what seems like an hour either spamming the sled or delivering packages when bored, and there's no end in sight.

laugh.gif Me too! But I just got a chicken plushie! I didn't know there was a chicken plushie! ohmy.gif

So I've finally managed to get all items, but the game crashes if you're in edit mode and reach the item "Light Blue Lamp".

For a technologically challenged person, how do you clear your cache?

I've completed the story line, and now I'm delivering mail and sledding for more furniture. This was such a fun game, and I admire all the people who worked on it. :-)

Also, I've been skating on that little frozen pond near the sled run. Does anyone else do this?

I've seen two other people mention something like this happening, so I suggest creating a new Help thread for it (not putting it in general item glitches). Hopefully TJ can do something like add a "reset house decorations" button under the "reset location" button. It would suck to lose all your decorations, but at least you'd be able to enter your house and re-decorate.

Ok, thanks. I've created a topic in the Help forum. Hopefully something can be done.

Man I feel bad for Abe; I'm taking all of his worldly possessions, just because he's terrible at sledding and only takes a max. of 18 seconds to beat :P

Happy New Year DragonCavers!!

This game is becoming too fun for me. I mean, in the sense that I really don't want to see it go. Doing quests over and over sounds like it would get too repetitive, but so far it hasn't been.

I wish there were a way to select your rewards in Free Play, but honestly all the minigames are really easy so it's not a huge deal.

Although I think I have seen repeat items. :T

This game is becoming too fun for me. I mean, in the sense that I really don't want to see it go.

I feel the same way. I'm starting to feel at home in this game. Sigh.