TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Thanks! I'm glad you found it interesting.

I did add some new paragraphs of character information for each character here, as I saw it being discussed and figured I should add it all now that I've got a bit of time.

"likes joining up with", "his connection with", "stops by to visit"

I was already thinking about drawing my avatar character being friends with Avery, but now I just don't think I will be able to resist doing so laugh.gif it's just so adorable how he just mysteriously decides to spend so much time with Snowa and not so much with anyone else (besides Ezer now, of course. Love the fact that they're like brothers now, too!)

Avery <3 👌👌👌👍👍👍

I'm going to rip all my hair out. All I want is the cat bed or cat window to get the kitties in my house and it finally gave me a cat bed, but it wasn't the cat bed I thought it was. It was just a regular bed for people. Like seriously? I just want a small little kitty in my house sad.gif

There's two types of "cat beds", one for humans and one for cats. It took me for. ev.er. to get the cat one that toggles for a cat. Keep going, you'll get it!

If you get an item, but have to refresh or reset your location before your progress was saved, do you have another chance to get that item?

If you get an item, but have to refresh or reset your location before your progress was saved, do you have another chance to get that item?

You have a chance to get all the items, yes.

I can't start the seventh day!

Do a hard refresh, enter your home, hard refresh again, then leave your home. Should prompt it.

If not, someone else managed to prompt it by going to the water temple in the jungle. o.o

Toggled small cat bed and I got what looks like a calico kitty! *Even with my glasses on it's hard to tell since he's so small*

EDIT: I have the Cat Bed 2.

Edited by Elvish Maiden

And I have a cat bed with no toggle option....

Has to be

cat bed 1 (cat) - gets a black one

or

cat bed 2 (cat) - gets a pretty calico

to toggle. Sorry about the windows - all my cat windows toggle - you do realise you just get a cat on the window ledge from that ? not one in the house...

If you can't get into the day - go into your house, clear your cache, hard refresh and THEN go out of your house again....

There is a list on the wiki.

BUT it has some things that I understand have been removed - as in these:

Toys Blusang

Toys Chicken

Toys Magi

Toys Magi Large

Toys Magi Small

Toys Mint

Toys Thalassa

Toys Tsunami

I want a TOTAL NUMBER here.... since I am one of those who cannot actually see my full inventory sad.gif

There's two types of "cat beds", one for humans and one for cats. It took me for. ev.er. to get the cat one that toggles for a cat. Keep going, you'll get it!

I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!! WHOOOO! Now I have a kitty finally in my house!

I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!! WHOOOO! Now I have a kitty finally in my house!

*squees* Yay for kitties!!

I got an "undefined" gift from Hands, although it doesn't seem to show up in my inventory as anything. Also, game just froze trying to look at Yellow Shag Rug (Small). From what I understand by reading here, a lot of people are having problems with inventory bugs. Shame.

I'm not getting any more furniture, so I think I got everything. But now I can't modify my house anymore. I'll try again later. rolleyes.gif

The cat window that just says Cat Window wouldn't give me the toggle option. Then I got the one that says Cat Window (Tree) and I got to toggle that with a pretty little yellow kitty. So now I have 3 cats -- two in beds and one in the window. I don't know if there is another cat window or not, but I am happy with what I have and won't be trying for anything else. I seem to have avoided all the freezes and other problems up to now and don't want to tempt fate. wink.gif

Well, I stopped getting rewards for performing quests, so I guess this means I have all the items?

I'm really struggling with coming up with a name for the '16 Holiday Dragon. Apart from the breeding information listed on the Wiki page, do we know anything specific about this breed?

Well, I stopped getting rewards for performing quests, so I guess this means I have all the items?

I'm really struggling with coming up with a name for the '16 Holiday Dragon. Apart from the breeding information listed on the Wiki page, do we know anything specific about this breed?

infinis is supposed to have a lot of encyclopedia information for them coming out

Just chiming in to say that this event is SO nice. I had no chance at all to play the game last year, because I was flying home for the holidays and things were so busy in the week leading up to Christmas. This year has been relaxed and relaxing, *especially* because of the decision to let gameplay continue past New Year's. Hurrah!

Also, the new dragon is AMAZING. Just gorgeous. Very wintry and festive and proud, and it looks like a suitable mate for the Solstice, as well! Thanks to all the spriters involved in the dragon and the event -- everything is creative and pretty and fun.

I'm nearly done with my house, I think. I spent *forever* trying to get a cat, before I realized I could toggle my cat bed! And right after that, I got the other cat bed. So right now, I've got 2 cute calicos and a little black kitty chilling out in my house. I love the dark blue bedroom set, and I've made a nice mashup of the Renaissance rugs and tall windows with dark blue sofas, tall carrot windows, tiny dark brown end tables, and cream rugs for a cozy living room. The cat tree is a nice touch! And, of course, a nice evergreen wreath. :-D

Thanks again to all those involved -- the glitches and lag slow me down, but I'm so glad I stuck with the game/event!

(Little hint -- not sure if anyone else has stumbled upon this, but you can place some items 'up against the walls' if you position the cursor square where you want the item, import it, then hit backspace, and the item will freeze right where it is. I hope the placement will last whenever our houses are made permanent, though! It's not glitching on hard returns or when I leave and re-enter, so...so far, so good!)

Just chiming in to say that this event is SO nice.  I had no chance at all to play the game last year, because I was flying home for the holidays and things were so busy in the week leading up to Christmas.  This year has been relaxed and relaxing, *especially* because of the decision to let gameplay continue past New Year's.  Hurrah! 

Also, the new dragon is AMAZING.  Just gorgeous.  Very wintry and festive and proud, and it looks like a suitable mate for the Solstice, as well!  Thanks to all the spriters involved in the dragon and the event -- everything is creative and pretty and fun. 

I'm nearly done with my house, I think.  I spent *forever* trying to get a cat, before I realized I could toggle my cat bed!  And right after that, I got the other cat bed.  So right now, I've got 2 cute calicos and a little black kitty chilling out in my house.  I love the dark blue bedroom set, and I've made a nice mashup of the Renaissance rugs and tall windows with dark blue sofas, tall carrot windows, tiny dark brown end tables, and cream rugs for a cozy living room.  The cat tree is a nice touch!  And, of course, a nice evergreen wreath.  :-D 

Thanks again to all those involved -- the glitches and lag slow me down, but I'm so glad I stuck with the game/event! 

(Little hint -- not sure if anyone else has stumbled upon this, but you can place some items 'up against the walls' if you position the cursor square where you want the item, import it, then hit backspace, and the item will freeze right where it is.  I hope the placement will last whenever our houses are made permanent, though!  It's not glitching on hard returns or when I leave and re-enter, so...so far, so good!)

Yeah ? Off to try smile.gif

ETA Holy bleep THANK you ! I think I love you !

ETA some more AND it works for putting things on tables, too xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

EscapistLore said they were happy to answer questions about them if you wanted to ask some. :3 (Might need to PM them to make sure they find your questions, though, lol.)

Welp, now my game is freezing after I finish a task instead of giving me more items... Does that mean I have them all? X]

~Feathers

BUT it has some things that I understand have been removed - as in these:

Toys Blusang

Toys Chicken

Toys Magi

Toys Magi Large

Toys Magi Small

Toys Mint

Toys Thalassa

Toys Tsunami

I want a TOTAL NUMBER here.... since I am one of those who cannot actually see my full inventory sad.gif

I have 289 items (give or take a couple, I might have miss counted some). And my quests are no longer giving me items.

Also note: the Wiki has only 240 ish listed.... so they are missing quite a few. xd.png

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

Yeah - that's what bothers me. I now seem to have about 260...

Can you get at ALL your inventory ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Eep, spoke too soon! -- for reasons unbeknownst to me, I had some items which *had* been appearing and locating themselves on the intersection of the gridlines -- the Alhira cupboard, the dark blue end table, the cat bed with the black cat, a few of the bunkbeds -- but a few of them have since reverted at random times, even after keeping their place through several hard refreshes. NO idea what made them switch from on the crosses to centered in the squares.

Quick question -- is there a way to toggle which item you're moving, out of layered items? I keep having to unstack and reorder things every time I click on the rug when it's not what I wanted.

And, back to questing! Mail time...

I'm starting to wonder if my own 'unknown' item is actually the cat bed that has the black cat. I don't get any more items, but that object is the one thing I do not have.

You have to go to the left after you cross the wooden bridge. Down and left. If you go tp the right you will find the maze. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help! Found my way back biggrin.gif