TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Yunno, as much fun as new releases are, I think half the fun is just reading the news thread. Just read over 20 pages of this thread to get caught up. So much FUN reading everyone's reactions, it just makes me excited and gets me squeeing all over again!

Nakase, thank you SOOOOO much for the biome backgrounds!! They are absolutely gorgeous.

birdzgoboom, Lythiaren, I can't even express how excited I am about the new Frills and Arias. I remember the thread where Lyth was talking about redoing the Frills, but I never imagined the Bright Pinks would come back!

Happy Birthday!!

Love the new eggs, Love that the Old guys are back and LOVE the Lineage Tree! Thank you so much.

Gaaahh! Too many dragons to collect at once, and not enough egg slots. Hope they stay super common for a long while.

This is how I feel too tongue.gif

Seeing so many people talking about their Frills, I'm curious: Has anyone tried to breed a BP/Aria or a Frill to a GoN?

OMG Frills are back?!? YAY!!

Side note, what when where eggs huh? I cannot brain... What's available now?

Seeing so many people talking about their Frills, I'm curious: Has anyone tried to breed a BP/Aria or a Frill to a GoN?

Tried my only CB frill with one of my GoNs... and they refused sad.gif

Not yet! I should do that once my CB pair of oldie frills are off cooldown. Or when the one I caught earlier grows up. biggrin.gif

Aria/Bright Pink - Jungle => "This bright egg has a warm shell."

Frill - Jungle => "This egg has strange markings on it."

Unstable Pink (2-heads) - Alpine, Volcano => "This dense, crystalline egg seems dangerously unstable."

Mottled Red - Coast, Jungle => "This mottled red egg almost glows from within."

Web Drake - Desert => "A delicate web-like pattern decorates this egg’s shell."

Blue Drake - Jungle => "A few bright markings decorate this egg’s shell."

New page again.

~

No, I bred my aria to a sun crowned and my frill to a cassare. I'll try GoN next, though, if I'm not beat to it. :3

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave. I certainly never thought that when I joined, about 8 years ago, I would still be collecting dragons today. But here I am, here's Dragon Cave, and I love all the changes.

One of my first dragons was the Bright Pink, and not long after that, I got several Frills. In those days, I didn't think much about breeding -- it still isn't one of my habits, but I do it more now -- and so I didn't collect more than a few of each. Of course then I had no idea that they'd be discontinued.

But I do have one CB Old Pink, and a pair of CB Frills, so I didn't need to collect them right away. I'll do that later.

I did catch a pair of Unstable Pinks, a pair of Mottled Reds, a pair of Blue Drakes, and one Red Drake. I'm egg locked! Yay!

I'm done for now, but I hope it will still be possible to catch more Red Drakes and some Arias and Frills when I have room on my scroll.

From the suggestion, just bred a CB frill to a GoN, got a frill.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/hxeL

On a side note, it's a rather nice code now in the AP. xP

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm freaking out! I knew waiting all month for something to pop up wouldn't be a mistake! ;x; And this is so great because my Frill has been so alone on my scroll for years. Now it can have buddies! ;3;

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FRILLS

i always wanted them but they were discontinued before i joined sad.gif

BUT I HAVE THEMMMM laugh.gif THANK YOUUUUU wub.gif

BEST BIRTHDAY EVER HAPPY BIRTHDAY biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

... and also the new dragons look cool so far too xd.pngwub.gif

What is the frill dragon description and where can I find it?

"This egg has strange markings on it."

It drops in the jungle. c:

... With the new Zombie update I wonder if NDs will get an update down the line as well.

And I'm wondering about vampires.

PENKS! AND FRILLS! So this update is..... pink and frilly?

-Squee-

I'd more or less resigned myself to the fact that I'd never be able to collect one of each breed. I don't have to worry about that now ; w; The new sprites are beautiful! Can't wait for the zombies! -Wonder if "Soon" in this case means Halloween.

The new breeds look like they're going to be stunning, as well! Most excited for the all blue drake.

Edited by Daypaw

Ahhh I thought it would be harder to catch eggs so I went mad and at once got egg locked, it's been awhile sense there were more dragon types than I had room for a set of eggs each breed. Just means my hunt shall continue later. ;3;

Thank you to everyone who made this possible, I can't believe i've been playing DC for six and a half years now. ;3; Happy birthday Dragon Cave!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif WOOHOO!!!! Bright Pinks & Frills are BACK!!!

This is probably the happiest I've ever been on D.C. ever!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BRINGING THEM BACK!!!! wub.gif

Also, the new biome art is AWESOME!!! poptartFINALTINY.gif

"This egg has strange markings on it."

It drops in the jungle. c:

Wait isn't that the same for the horse dragons?

It's probably already been asked, and I'm not trying to start trouble, but how are previous lineage projects going to be impacted due to the re-release of the Bright Pinks (Arias)? I didn't get far with mine, but I did originally have a BP x Gold Foundation lineage started.

I'm totally OK, no matter what, because I honestly always loved the BPs and Frills, and no project is bigger than my joy in seeing them returned biggrin.gif

... With the new Zombie update I wonder if NDs will get an update down the line as well.

Neglecteds already got an update several years ago. The original sprites didn't look much better than the old zombies did, but I love the 'new' ones and hope they don't change again!

user posted image

user posted image

Edit: oh, wait, d'you mean body type variations? God I hope not, the three different sprites we have for the current NDs were torture enough as is X___x

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Wait isn't that the same for the horse dragons?

Unfortunately yes. And they live in the Jungle! I hope it gets changed

Edited by WaterDroplet