TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Did Bleeding Moons get a sprite update? Or is it just me?

The male looks a lot fiercer to me, but I'm not really sure. But it seems like it.

Did Bleeding Moons get a sprite update? Or is it just me?

Comparing them to the sprites on the wiki, they look the same.

Unless you meant Bloodscales? (a two-headed breed)

Oooh wow, just signing on to see this. Lots of stuff! The frills make a return - I'll actually miss their old sprites, I liked the sort of 'scaled' texture they used to have, but I see the reason for the update! Glad my lone frill will have some company. And old pinks! Ahp.

Comparing them to the sprites on the wiki, they look the same.

Unless you meant Bloodscales? (a two-headed breed)

No, Bleeding Moons. To me, there seems to be a difference, I thought they looked a little lighter in color. Again, it might be just me.

Edited by andromedae

The male looks a lot fiercer to me, but I'm not really sure. But it seems like it.

Wiki / scroll

user posted image / user posted image

user posted image / user posted image

I think we're perhaps looking too hard for updates. I don't see any difference here. xP

There was no update made for Bleeding Moons.

I did a quick sweep through my scroll (which I believe has every species except ND and alt Black), and the only change I can see is Bloodscale. If there are any others, I'm not seeing it.

influencing the new old pinks with the old new pinks made me more excited than it should have

AWESOME! My dreams come true- I'd like to make checker lineages with Bright Pink and (fortunately) I can make them by myself! I still can't believe it. So excited!

so Bright Pinks can be gendered Male now?? that's awesome smile.gif

got 2 Frill eggs wub.gif influence to be a pair. my two prize babies will be happy to have these guys are mates ... hopefully lol

There was once a time where everyone was really frustrated with frills because they all wanted dragonhorses instead, because they were new and the other eggs with the same description were Dovealove dragons that everyone liked.

user posted image

This made me laugh so much. :3

Have there been any other secret sprite updates apart from the Gilded Bloodscales? o__o

Yes.

Awesome stuff! So there are 4 new release breeds and two old new releases? so six total?

Awesome stuff! So there are 4 new release breeds and two old new releases? so six total?

Yes, that's right smile.gif

user posted image

when the 10th birthday just right

--

HERE WE GO! happy birthday DC! ♪~ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I love this picture. Just needed to say it tongue.gif

I wonder if there will be more new releases.

I'm sure there will be more regular releases in other months, but I'm guessing this is it for this event. Otherwise TJ would have said something, I very much hope, since I'm locked up tight with things I don't want to drop.

.../pokes my eggs

I'm sure there will be more regular releases in other months, but I'm guessing this is it for this event. Otherwise TJ would have said something, I very much hope, since I'm locked up tight with things I don't want to drop.

.../pokes my eggs

I hope too as I'm locked and don't want to drop anything.

Didn't have a need for Return of the Retireds, but I'm happy for everyone who was hoping for them!

Neutral on the lineage update. The thing about how it's almost impossible to count the generation number for longer even-gens is a valid complaint. And the stairsteps now look like half of a shark fin. But would be thrilled to see it updated further to change the cropped sprites to full sprites.

I don't use the default layout, but the new biome art is pretty! New map is cool.

With more zombie designs, now I'm obliged to make more tongue.gif I'm wondering if the hatchlings will have different versions too?

Love that the drakes are getting more love! Both the new releases, and the new eggs!

I guess with the extra day removal, it will be easier to find accidentally auto-abandoned eggs. I like that there is movement toward easing the description process. It still sounds like there still a lot of barriers to getting your description viewable (you still need a lot of people to sit down and read it), but it's a good step.

A bit sad to see the bloodscale update. The formerly-cool smoky under-wings just look dull and ashy now, especially on the female sprite. It does make the "bloody" spots more visible, but now the bright colored bits look kind of garish. Probably won't be collecting them anymore.

Overall good stuff! Hopefully extra egg slot next time! wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

.../pokes my eggs

As am I. And TJ usually announces if there are releases over multiple days doesn't he?