TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Is anyone else having problems catching the dense eggs? They stop dropping in Alpine after 30 second, no more. And I haven't managed to get a Pink with all the people in Jungle... Way too many thing are dropping there currently (and way too much people are hanging around). Haven't even seen a Frill.

30 seconds? More like ten, if at all. xd.png

Alpine and Volcano, they're the only egg I still need, but no chance atm.

Sock has started a list in a Zombie thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9209647

Thank you! biggrin.gif

Also another shout out, I really like how name lengths are handled in lineages now, thank you! I used to avoid lines with really long names + really short names at different gens if I could help it, because it made the lineage look like [ ] [_____] [ ] [___] and was really unbalanced, so it's nice to have an equalizer now. Some of my previously wonky lines look much better biggrin.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

There are already old eggs being mixed in at the 5-minute drops. blink.gif Just saw one in the Jungle and almost clicked it.

ETA: Thanks, ADP, definitely hope that'll be the case!

Edited by walkinslow

Was busy catching eggs, but I gave up on the dense eggs for no as they're gone from the biomes in milliseconds. xd.png So I finally have the time to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGON CAVE! The tenth already! Wasn't quite prepared for that message this morning. *g*

Thanks for the new eggs and the changes! Love the new backgrounds!!

I'm here since 2009 and I'm lucky to have a few Frills and Bright Pinks already so I'm not trying to catch these for now.

Not sure about the new sprites for the Zombies. I hate killing eggs, doing this for the first Zombie dragon was difficult already, now I'd have to kill even more to get the other sprites, and... hmmm, will think about that at some other time. For now I'll just enjoy collecting the new sprites. smile.gif

Bright pinks are now relatively easy to catch because they are dropping quite often, but frills are barely appearing, and when they do, they are caught before you can see them. sad.gif

Thank you! biggrin.gif

Also another shout out, I really like how name lengths are handled in lineages now, thank you! I used to avoid lines with really long names + really short names at different gens if I could help it, because it made the lineage look like [ ] [_____] [ ] [___] and was really unbalanced, so it's nice to have an equalizer now. Some of my previously wonky lines look much better biggrin.gif

Yeeeees that's my favourite part of the new lineages as well biggrin.gif

Also on the last page of the thread I linked, Moonlightelf made a great picture showing them all :3

Here's a link to it (spoilers! New zombie sprites!) : http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/Moo...ZombieTypes.png

Also on the last page of the thread I linked, Moonlightelf made a great picture showing them all :3

Here's a link to it (spoilers! New zombie sprites!) : http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/Moo...ZombieTypes.png

Just found that pic--so many cool new types! I think I like the waters and easterns the best. biggrin.gif <3

Also, I love your waterwalker icon!

There are already old eggs being mixed in at the 5-minute drops.  blink.gif Just saw one in the Jungle and almost clicked it.

No one can say for sure, but the last few releases we've had have all had weird egg scarcities a few hours into the release, followed by people bringing it to TJ's notice and the eggs starting to flood again. Maybe it's happening again?

I actually keep updating the image in the thread, so it might be better to head to thread itself. wink.gif

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9209720

Here is link to exact post (If link doesn't take you straight to it, I use 40 posts per page system. Yes, it has effect on the link)

I actually keep updating the image in the thread, so it might be better to head to thread itself. wink.gif

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9209720

Here is link to exact post (If link doesn't take you straight to it, I use 40 posts per page system. Yes, it has effect on the link)

My bad, thought it would have the same effect since it's a Photobucket link. Thanks for your work! biggrin.gif

Happy 10th birthday, DC. wink.gif

Well, if this isn't a wonderful update!

When I read the first paragraph I kept checking that it isn't actually the 1st April or something and it would be just a joke, but no, it's for real - frills are back! I joined the cave propably two months before they were discontinued and was a little sad I never managed to get CB ones... Well, here they come. And the dimorphism looks beautiful, imo.

Not to sure what I think about the new lineage design, it will definitely take some time to get used to.^^ It's not bad, I actually like it - but I feel like it makes checker-lineages, especially lyric ones, a little bit less beautiful than before. Still the design itself is awesome, I think.

For the rest of the update - absolutely love it! The background art for the biomes is beautiful (and actually helpful, because I always forget in which biome I am.^^), the map looks nice, although, to be honest, I never really look at it, and the new zombie sprites are amazing. It will be hell to collect all of them... For my dragons as well. xd.png

So, thank you, and I hope all of you can enjoy this as I do currently.^^

Egglocked now with three of the new breeds. Still missing the blue Drake and the re-released Frills and Pinks.

Oh well, I'll just have to hope that they don't turn out to be like Coppers... ^^;;

I just saw my dimorphic Frills smile.gif The male looks great smile.gif

I've got one of the blue and the webbed drake now and the Crystaline one. Still need the mottled and the bright pink. And then.... I'll think about what I'll use my two remaining slots for!

With all types having zombified sprites as well now, I've got myself an additional collecting goal biggrin.gif

Happy hunting everyone!

Well, I'm a bit on the fence with the new lineage design...

...but: Retired breeds! More art! (*drools over Forest BG*) More action logs! New breeds! Happy Birthday, DC, and here's to 10 more years biggrin.gif

Woooooo! Happy Birthday DC! The art work is fantastic and I love the new Zombies! My shimmer gave me a shiney for the first time in ages too so now all I have to do is collect new (and old) breeds! Thanks for the fun!

So many new things O.o

Happy birthday DC!

So happy to see the pinks and Frills back wub.gif

Now, off to hunt hoping the flood is still going

These two Frills were a mated couple many years ago. And now, for the first time in six years, they've been reunited at last! Thank you so much to Lyth, Birdz, and TJ for making this possible biggrin.gif <3

My goodness, what an update. Happy birthday DC!!

Question for all as I'm lacking time to go back pages; what biomes are the new releases in? Also, have people been catching the Arias and Frilled eggs in any of the biomes and if so, which one(s)?

Aria/Bright Pink - Jungle => "This bright egg has a warm shell."

Frill - Jungle => "This egg has strange markings on it."

Unstable Pink (2-heads) - Alpine, Volcano => "This dense, crystalline egg seems dangerously unstable."

Mottled Red - Coast, Jungle => "This mottled red egg almost glows from within."

Web Drake - Desert => "A delicate web-like pattern decorates this egg’s shell."

Blue Drake - Jungle => "A few bright markings decorate this egg’s shell."

New page quote, some info added. ^^ Please quote along and add more info if you can!

Bump for new page. o3o

Wow... My Action Log goes back to Feb 08, 2012. So much nostalgia. But it seems to be a bit buggy for the remote past, since apparently my Turpentines and Spitfires were able to influence... tongue.gif

Well, now that I've caught one of each of the new and old breeds (except for Frills, but I already got some CBs of those anyway): What a great birthday surprise! I love the new lineage view, site art and the shiny Zombies. The revamps of the Bright Pinks and Frills are also well done, even though I will need some time to get used to the new male Frills.

Now, before I celebrate more, I have some business to attend to... *runs off to update SROGG*

Still no frills, absolutely impossible to get them, maybe tomorrow or never I stop seeking them now...

Is it correct the Action log only goes back to January 2012? Cause I've got dragons since 2009 smile.gif

Man, the jungle is just a nightmare right now blink.gif Somehow managed to grab two of each of the Drakes and a mottled, but getting anything else is near impossible blink.gif

Edit; Just grabbed an Aria, somehow xd.png But Frills are still dropping, they're just few and far between atm.

Edited by CharonDusk

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave!

I'm so glad Pinks are back! And I'm looking forward to catching all these new beauties!