TJ09

2016-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 10th Birthday!

Thank goodness - would have sucked if they were only breds - and I seriously hope that they will not be too difficult to catch!

Too many years have passed for me to remember the Frill egg description, though - does anyone happen to recall it?

the frill description is still "This egg has strange markings on it."

which is a total pain haha since the blue drake's description is somewhat similar.

@natli

not sure if this will work for you... but on my windows Mozilla browser you can rightclick and select "View Background image" and see the cool backgrounds by themselves on a new tab.

not sure if it will work on like macs or other browsers.

Edited by 626lavaheart

Please, please someone reassure me the Frills and Arias are perm??? That would be a terrible joke. My poor Lady Bright Rose has been without a mate for Soooo long.

Well, following suspicious, I used the sort by filter and found it by my water dragons, so that is a water zombie hatchling. o3o

Cool.

TJ said "Water dragon" in the original post, so is there a new one for each type of mana maybe??

Please, please someone reassure me the Frills and Arias are perm??? That would be a terrible joke. My poor Lady Bright Rose has been without a mate for Soooo long.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't be????????

New lineage view is fine, but it does not work so well with longer lineages. It is very hard to see if a lineage is EvenGen or not.

I think evens still look great, plus a lot of messies look a lot nicer. I think that's a definite improvement.

Oh, god, the art of the biomes is gorgeous! Happy Birthday, DC! Thanks for the Pinks and Frills and I SO hyped about the zombies... Oh, mine have already changed! I have only wingless ones, it seems.

Cool.

TJ said "Water dragon" in the original post, so is there a new one for each type of mana maybe??

I doubt it. I think it just refers to dragon sub-types, as it says in the announcement. Such as the winged/wingless. Maybe even a wyrm or amphiptere type? It looks like there's still a sprite in the announcement post that neither of us posted. =D

So did we not get a new drake zombie?

The announcement post says that drakes (and pygmies/2heads) will be getting their own zombies soon. =)

SO excited for new eggs, but... I'd rather not find out what a lineage tree looks like, if I'm honest. :/ My longer lineages definitely look the worse for it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH OMG OMG OMG! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave! wub.gif Thank you so much TJ and everyone working on the game and the forum. To (at least) ten more wonderful years! wub.gif

Wouldn't it be fair to let the old pinks and frills drop in a "normal" way like all the other new eggs for all those many people who don't possess some?

No chance for grabbing them between all the other new eggs.

Happy Birthday DC!

Awesome news

Happy 10th Birthday DC xd.png

So when can we start freezing eggs ? There are so many pretty eggs I'd like to have on display !

@natli

not sure if this will work for you... but on my windows Mozilla browser you can rightclick and select "View Background image" and see the cool backgrounds by themselves on a new tab.

not sure if it will work on like macs or other browsers.

I managed in Opera, but it took some more clicking xd.png Thank you!

What's with the trees in the forest? Is that mana??

Wouldn't it be fair to let the old pinks and frills drop in a "normal" way like all the other new eggs for all those many people who don't possess some?

No chance for grabbing them between all the other new eggs.

4 new eggs + 2 new-old eggs is a lot of release at once. I'm sure things will balance out and they'll be easier to get soon here. :3

I doubt it. I think it just refers to dragon sub-types, as it says in the announcement. Such as the winged/wingless. Maybe even a wyrm or amphiptere type? It looks like there's still a sprite in the announcement post that neither of us posted. =D

Oh.

Yeah that makes much more sense.

I wonder what the other type looks like ohmy.gif

Yay! Good on TJ & artists for rereleasing the Bright Pinks and Frills! biggrin.gif

Yay, for new art! I need to see the full background images, please ;.; It bothers me so much I cannot see this pretty art in full.

Alpine: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/5.jpg

Coast: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/1.jpg

Desert: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/2.jpg

Forest: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/3.jpg

Jungle: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/4.jpg

Volcano: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/6.jpg

Sorry, had to break the links in one place apiece or the forum parser would break them entirely.

I hope that next Halloween the kill limit will be gone for a day since it will take me years to get all the Zombies and I want them so much. biggrin.gif

BTW, where are the new eggs dropping? Al biomes, I assume, since TJ didn't state it, but is my assumption correct?

Noope, not all biomes. But kinda.

The red "unstable" eggs are in Alpine and Volcano only.

The red "mottled" eggs are in the Jungle

The blue drake eggs are in the Jungle

The green drake eggs are in the Desert

I think the red mottled one is dropping in another biole also, just can't remember

I am starting to feel it's crummy that two of the three new eggs drops in the Jungle with the Pinks and apparently Frills. sad.gif

esp with how rare the latter two seem to be, and the fact that we're not going to be able to get mated pairs with so many new dragons.

4 new eggs + 2 new-old eggs is a lot of release at once. I'm sure things will balance out and they'll be easier to get soon here. :3

Ooooooooommmm smile.gif

Hope so, they are so lovely!!!

Oh my gosh! The Frills are back and the old Pinks too?! I can't believe I'm actually gonna collect those since I joined! I never even got to get one of them before they retired!

Frills, here I come! smile.gif

Oh my gosh! The Frills are back and the old Pinks too?! I can't believe I'm actually gonna collect those since I joined! I never even got to get one of them before they retired!

Frills, here I come! smile.gif

I was so sad for the last very many years b/c I never caught an old pink when they were releasing, so I only had 2nd gens. But now, I shall have caveborns and be able to continue a couple lineages I was stuck on smile.gif

I am starting to feel it's crummy that two of the three new eggs drops in the Jungle with the Pinks and apparently Frills. sad.gif

esp with how rare the latter two seem to be, and the fact that we're not going to be able to get mated pairs with so many new dragons.

I wouldn't worry about it so much. The new release ratios will calm down here probably sooner than people think. You'll be seeing more and more frills and arias as time passes. Besides, they're out permanently. You've got plenty of time to catch as many pairs as you want.