xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Today was good. Found a doctor and have appointments set up, chatted via Facebook with a friend I haven't seen (online or in person) in quite some time, and as a bonus, got to watch a doe and fawn running around the edge of the woods by my usual grocery store's parking lot when I went shopping this morning.

I've been up for about 3 hours, and haven't accomplished anything yet- but I'm determined to get stuff done today!

Been hopping from medication to medication for the past 6 months now and it's doing a number on me! Another day of sitting at home doing absolutely nothing! These months have merged together and nothing feels real anymore ❤️ I just want to go back to work y'all.

I have been unable to get on to Dragon Cave.. I had won one of the raffle eggs, and come to find it had died today. I am very sad.

Just noticed I missed the new Xeno release entirely.... and they are extremely rare as it seems... great...  I was on holiday and moving to home country from Germany... Am alone with my dog and big house to take care of now... Don't think I will ever find the time to properly hunt to at least have 1 CB pair of each 😭

I hate Minecraft launcher updates more than I can express without breaking forum rules about profanity and things that can be interpreted as threats. Every **** time it does this i'm logged out and sent through the screwiest login process ever devised. I have to go through both Emails with every password I know and NONE of the combinations work. So I have to go to my Mojang account  GUESS WHAT? Password trash Again, so I have to send reset emails to get the chance to ask for more reset emails . But guess what? The emails NEVER come, not to spam, not to anything. 

So I can't reset the password needed to reset the other password.

I sent an Email to customer support but knowing my last experience with video game customer support that was about as useful as writing a letter to a rock, even if I get a reply it will probably be one of those canned BS replies that are meant to placate people into silence forever because they have no intention of fixing anything, but maybe i'm just bitter from my last experiences. I haven't heard good things about Mojang though.

I saw a moth today!

116015236_3186524021429219_7772001669079812541_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=aZIPnaScrooAX_n7FpF&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=795fa84df4ac16d2c0a7d32a89b60ebc&oe=5F4935B2116003150_1150166422024422_6771126954818344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=yHgy3MZ-IxgAX_nV-Fs&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=907cbab72d79237ce790e00615ef077e&oe=5F48C500

He penk!

I see all kinds of cool moths, Ive seen a few lunars (not in flight unfortunately) a forester moth (very cute design, little orange legwarmers, white spots on black wings, 10/10) and just really, really, big ones. Never a pink one before though. I sometimes look up and see em whizzing around the treeline at night like they have someplace to be. Fuzzy little night friends.

Aww its shaped like a friend. Is that perhaps a rosey maple moth? Its beautiful :D I have an adoration for moths and butterflies. 

Today is already a good day because I released my final painted lady butterfly; I had raised a few caterpillars for my bday, which I purchased :) 

I had 5 caterpillars, and released 4 yesterday as they were butterflies. The 5th one hatched a few days late, so I released him today. But boy did he make up his lateness with eagerness, he was gone super fast!

The first to come out was eager too. He flew up into a tree above! 

The one pictured is one of the first 4 to be released; second to leave the enclosure. It landed on the ground, but since we were in a field, we didnt want it to stay and be stepped on. So the lil guy was carried to a flower. The cheeky thing stayed on the hand and started to feed XD It took some convincing to move him onto the flower. 

The other 2 didnt want to go, so they had to be slightly convinced. The pair both went off together, it was beautiful. 

I was happy with the spot picked for the original 4, as I even saw other painted ladies about. I hope the 5th does just as well, its a shame we couldnt go to the far away field a second time for it. Im sure it will be ok, as they are a migratory species found in most places, and flowers are commonplace in peoples gardens.

D95CE476-9665-4DA7-B2F2-01C00522722A.jpeg

408A20D3-66F5-4420-A49B-97A4A55187F2.jpeg

My day has been... Not good. Today was the deadline to turn in papers for a government-assistance housing program, and that did not happen, and it is a big deal, but right now I can't even care. This afternoon my mom had to go to the hospital. Thankfully they say it's *probably* not serious, (and almost certainly not covid-related) but they are still doing tests. She's totally awake and coherent but I'm here at home trying not to freak out, my mind immediately jumps to worst-case scenario when it comes to my mom and it's just... Not a good day.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

My day has been... Not good. Today was the deadline to turn in papers for a government-assistance housing program, and that did not happen, and it is a big deal, but right now I can't even care. This afternoon my mom had to go to the hospital. Thankfully they say it's *probably* not serious, (and almost certainly not covid-related) but they are still doing tests. She's totally awake and coherent but I'm here at home trying not to freak out, my mind immediately jumps to worst-case scenario when it comes to my mom and it's just... Not a good day.

Gentle hugs, cookies, or whatever else you need. It's always scary when a parent has to go to the hospital.

On 8/4/2020 at 10:37 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Yikes, how is she doing now? Sending you two my best wishes, it's an extra terrible time to go through something stressful right now

Ok, I don't normally rant but it has been a rough couple of days and my best friends are currently unavailable so yeah. Let me preface this with the fact that my drive to work is about 40-45 mins each way, about half is on an interstate highway. 

So Tuesday I take my normal car, the Hyundai that is the bane of my existence. A little over halfway to work I start seeing a light flashing and after a couple mins it stays on long enough for me to identify it. It's my battery light. Flashing on and off intermittently while I'm doing 68mph on the highway. But the car's acting fine for once so I continue on and arrive at work with no further problems. I text my husband and later while on my lunch break, I start the car and let it run for 20 mins to charge the battery, in case that's the problem. Husband suddenly remembers there's a voltage meter on the splitter for the GPS and such. It read 12.2 volts. He said I need 12 to get home. 

After work I start car and meter says 11.9, ok close enough. At this time we were now getting the tropical storm and the wind gusts were not fun. I keep an eye on the meter on the highway and watch as it slowly dropped down. The wind got bad, blowing branches and debris, so I couldn't look down for a few mins but when I checked it again the meter read 13.6. Ok, don't know how it jumped up to almost normal but good, I should be able to get home. About a mile from my exit, more wind and debris and a rock got kicked up and hit my windshield so hard that it caused a three inch crack. Which has since gotten a little bigger. About five mins from home, more debris and a large branch hit the roof of my car but I wasn't stopping for anything. Made it home and ran in the house to sit and watch two of my neighbors' trees split in half and come down, then warily watch the pine in my yard creak and sway in the wind. 

So Hyundai is parked until we figure out the problem and I've taken the Camry instead. Always the more reliable car, my only complaint is that I can't play anything on my phone through the speakers. Today's Friday, so I get out early and head home as usual. I knew there was a detour in the center of my town because someone working on the power lines forgot to lower the boom before moving the truck and ripped down two telephone poles. I'm coming down the hill towards where I need to turn for the detour and start braking. Except the car isn't really slowing down so pushed harder, until the pedal was almost to the floor and it finally started to slow. I took the turn and continued on, second-guessing myself because I've been having foot problems for six months now and wondered if it just felt weird to me cuz I don't normally wear sneakers anymore. As I continued through the detour I came to realize that it wasn't me, something was wrong with the brakes. But I was just five mins from home and there shouldn't be another reason to stop until I got there so I kept going. 

I made it home fine and my husband immediately checked the car, it was leaking brake fluid at an alarming rate so now that car is parked until we can get it fixed. So I had two vehicles crap out on me within four days. I just... I've dealt with driving a car with issues, the Hyundai went through a period where it would intermittently stall on me and restart itself while I was on the highway. We still haven't figured out the reason for that. But the brake thing... that scared me. Pushing the pedal to the floor and it barely having an effect was flipping scary. I can't stop thinking about what could have happened if it had been earlier in my drive. 

Sorry about the wall of text, I needed to get that out.

TL,DR- Chaos has trouble with two cars in four days and gets scared. 

@catstaff @Terces Thanks, unfortunately she's still in the hospital (I swear every single day it's 'one more day!'). First to keep an eye on her blood platelets, then for blood transfusions, then multiple endoscopy-related tests, and tomorrow she'll be getting another endoscopy-thingy to actually fix/remove what's wrong... We thought she'd be coming home today but nope. Hopefully tomorrow? This is giving me such horrible anxiety, she's been in the hospital for 'just a day or two' *multiple* times before where it ended up being worse and she stayed for way too long... 

We got to video chat today though, that was nice. 

19 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

@catstaff @Terces Thanks, unfortunately she's still in the hospital (I swear every single day it's 'one more day!'). First to keep an eye on her blood platelets, then for blood transfusions, then multiple endoscopy-related tests, and tomorrow she'll be getting another endoscopy-thingy to actually fix/remove what's wrong... We thought she'd be coming home today but nope. Hopefully tomorrow? This is giving me such horrible anxiety, she's been in the hospital for 'just a day or two' *multiple* times before where it ended up being worse and she stayed for way too long... 

We got to video chat today though, that was nice. 

I'm glad you at least got to video chat with her today.

I can sympathize about the anxiety; my father-in-law is currently hospitalized (with what appears to be a bacterial infection) and he lives in another state... one that's a covid hotspot, and my husband has multiple high-risk factors for that, so going to visit/help out isn't a viable option. Plus we just learned today that my mother-in-law (same state, different town) has to have surgery to fix an injury sustained in a fall.

I hope your mom gets home soon!

Went out to dinner with my family for my birthday. Well... went out to get takeout dinner haha. Safely. So, nice :)

Really bad. Bad couple of days, too. Bad month. Bad year. Bad life.

My most recent cause for distress was my hard drive dying, which I had to fork out 100$ for that and new cables because my graphics card also died and I wasn't able to properly diagnose the problem by myself. I lost everything on there. Again. Luckily, they refunded the cables and I got 40$ back. Also note: My graphics card is a 1060 6GB that I spent several months saving up for to add to my computer. It was 350$. It was my pride and joy. And when I took it to the computer service store, he charged me 200$ for a GT 730 on top of a 50$ service fee. Let me tell you; that card is the worst piece of garbage and is only worth around 50$. The day before, I told him to order a new part and instead he said he'd put the 1060 4GB replacement had there in the computer. He then lied about what card he had and still charged me full price for the godawful GT 730. Nothing runs on it. Nothing works. I can't do this. I've been losing so much sleep and my stress is pretty much eating me alive. All because of that jerk at the computer store.

4 hours ago, Diame said:

Really bad. Bad couple of days, too. Bad month. Bad year. Bad life.

My most recent cause for distress was my hard drive dying, which I had to fork out 100$ for that and new cables because my graphics card also died and I wasn't able to properly diagnose the problem by myself. I lost everything on there. Again. Luckily, they refunded the cables and I got 40$ back. Also note: My graphics card is a 1060 6GB that I spent several months saving up for to add to my computer. It was 350$. It was my pride and joy. And when I took it to the computer service store, he charged me 200$ for a GT 730 on top of a 50$ service fee. Let me tell you; that card is the worst piece of garbage and is only worth around 50$. The day before, I told him to order a new part and instead he said he'd put the 1060 4GB replacement had there in the computer. He then lied about what card he had and still charged me full price for the godawful GT 730. Nothing runs on it. Nothing works. I can't do this. I've been losing so much sleep and my stress is pretty much eating me alive. All because of that jerk at the computer store.

I wouldn't accept that if I were you. I would go back and ask to speak to a manager or store manager. If that didn't work I would ask for the regional manager if it is a chain store. I would ask for either a full refund or for them to replace what was supposed to be replaced. I would threaten to report them to the Better Business Bureau and also to post reviews online about how they are scamming their customers, which could hurt their business. If you get a refund maybe take it somewhere else to get it fixed it you can. Make sure they know that you know how to check what is actually placed in the computer. Hope you get this resolved!

Edited by AngelsSin

My day was brilliant!

Started off adorable, when I saw a doe and fawn browsing by the side of the road. Had to mail something to my daughter and there was no line at the post office. My favorite band Nightwish announced yesterday that they were rescheduling their North American tour dates (which had been set for a month from now, will now happen October 2021) and that as a result, one of the four shows wasn't going to happen at all, but they were replacing it with a different location. It's still a little farther than I'd prefer to travel, but I've got friends and family in the area so I expect I can find someone to crash with. When the tickets for the new venue went on sale this afternoon, I was ready and waiting... and managed to get 2nd row center seats!

Just feel ok i guess. Scored kinda well for some stuff but thats it 😕

@catstaff Congrats. Nightwish is one of my favorites, too.

Until about an hour ago, it was 94 degrees Fahrenheit in my California town. Can't think without iced coffee and electrolyte water. Ran one errand and that was it. Spent the rest of the day researching and staring at my Etsy receipt, willing the package to get here faster.

@Sesshomaru Thank you! Was too broke to even try to see them back on the Imaginaerum tour, then both the Endless Forms Most Beautiful tour and the Decades tour didn't come anywhere that I wouldn't have had to fly to from where I was living then. Concert tickets are expensive enough without adding plane tickets on top! But managing to not just get tickets, but to get such good seats? I don't think I've been this giddy since my first rock concert over 35 years ago!

I hope you're managing to stay reasonably comfortable and hydrated!

Found out earlier today that my next door neighbor died. Apparently he stopped talking his seizure meds and had a seizure that killed him. No one was aware he had died till his sister came by he had been dead for 3 weeks. I feel bad he lives right next to me and I didn't realize it had been awhile since I had seen him. He was younger than me too.

Edited by AngelsSin

1 hour ago, AngelsSin said:

Found out earlier today that my next door neighbor died. Apparently he stopped talking his seizure meds and had a seizure that killed him. No one was aware he had died till his sister came by he had been dead for 3 weeks. I feel bad he lives right next to me and I didn't realize it had been awhile since I had seen him. He was younger than me too.

*hugs* Sorry to hear that. :(

My day went well. The furniture/shelving that was to be delivered Tuesday, then yesterday, finally came today!