xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I'm just happy it's Saturday. I've been a bit stressed about work, there is so much to do. We got a new employee also, and unfortunately I don't know if me and her get a long. I don't usually feel this way but I feel annoyed about her personality. I don't know her very well, yet, so I won't give a full judgement, but I have pretty good radar for these things...

I actually applied for a new job anyways. The current workplace is too far and the new job is pretty much what I really want to do. I hope I get to the interview. 

Also I'm applying for this education that I've been planning for a while now. I only have 12 days to work with the assignment that is the only thing needed to be done to apply. It's quite comprehensive but luckily I started similar assignment before but that time I didn't apply (because of the corona and we were moving at the time). 

So a lot of things on my plate currently. 😃

My singing partner came over for our first rehearsal today. We're doing the duet version of "Beauty and the Beast (Tale as Old as Time)." For context, I never sang loudly in our choral group last year, because I'm just hardwired to be very shy, and mortified of singing by myself. I'm a little more confident now than I was a year ago. I'm only just starting to read music, so I played my notes out on my keyboard to learn them. He gets to open with the first line, and I follow with the second. So we get to my first measure, and I sing.

The other singer:

Surprised GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Like he couldn't believe what he was hearing. Meanwhile, I thought I was possessed by the ghost of Emmy Destinn. I never realized how good I had gotten by myself, to the point that it actually makes sense I'm taking an intermediate class. Minus the music illiteracy, that's where I am. Ever since I took the plunge this semester and began singing on my own, everyone has said that my voice is beautiful. Enough people (professional singers and MAs in music) have said it that I know they're not just saying it. It's gratifying. It's great when a song you like actually works with your voice. Just gotta invoke the power of Celine and I'll be good to go.

That's awesome, @Sesshomaru! What a wonderful feeling.

My day has been... okay, so far. The good news is I finally figured out a better way to take my new medication... Apparently this specific med in this specific dose only comes in 'orally disintegrating tablets' ie you have to hold it on your tongue until it dissolves. It's gross and feels really really icky and tastes weird and I hate it. Oh, and it does *not* dissolve in 'less than 30 seconds' as the information-packet says. My dr said to just swallow it normally if I can't stand the dissolving, but because it's not *meant* to be swallowed it doesn't go down easily at all. But this morning my mom had a suggestion, and it actually worked: Putting a few drops of my favorite breath mint on my tongue before placing the tablet, it actually helps it dissolve faster and masks the weird feeling/taste. Yay!

Other than that, I'm procrastinating on hunting down a book that I think is under a huge pile of clothes/junk in my room. A pile of not-easy-to-move junk. But I need to double-check something in the book for a dragon naming scheme I thought of.

I decided to try my hand at 3D modeling, in hopes of making a model for 3D printing. I don't intend on becoming a professional 3D modeler or designer though, I'm just doing it for fun. I already know the basics of modeling. However, I'm just not very good at it yet. My goal is to make something small and simple. I don't have my own printer, but the library near me has 3D printers available to use. I haven't printed anything there before, and the idea of asking for help is more daunting than actually making the 3D model. 😬

Had a relatively good day. Got a few CD's today. 2 from Moonspell one was a replacement for the one I somehow lost, the other new and awesome. And the third was from Theatre of Tragedy, amazing as well. Plus the 2 from Lacuna Coil I got a few weeks ago that I can't get enough of. I can't wait to get some more new music. Still more Lacuna Coil CD's I want, more Moonspell, Samael, and maybe some Rotting Christ as well. After that I'll have to see what else I want to get. 😻 

As well, I have a BPAL addiction I want to indulge.

My account is almost dead but I have returned!

Nothing interesting happening today. Other than I just randomly changed my username for no reason and probably making my account Daft Punk themed.

Oh, wonderful. Had to partner up in improv with the kid I can't stand (who thinks he's good but is actually just a smart mouth), hardly got any work done in my real job, and the cherry on the cake was walking home, right past my mentally ill druggie neighbors who were whispering things about me under their breath. The really funny thing is that the last tenant in their house was their crazy great-grandma who verbally abused me when I was a kid. You know those people with zero regard for the lives of others, that think their **** doesn't stink, and can't understand that they're the problem? That would be the lovely family next door.

At least tomorrow is my singing lesson.

Edited by Sesshomaru

Well, my day has been just peachy! </sarcasm>

Little background, my husband is diabetic, with several associated medical issues including anemia and kidney disease. On Tuesday, he had a biopsy done on his kidney trying to see how bad the damage is, etc., to see if he's in a place where meds can still help or if it's time to think dialysis and get on the transplant list. Wednesday he seemed fine, a little sore, a little tired, but nothing unexpected following an invasive procedure. Yesterday, he woke up sick to his stomach (something else which happens regularly thanks to the diabetes) only he didn't just get sick and immediately feel better like usual. Today he woke up feeling worse and asked me to take him to the hospital.

He's got pneumonia, plus his red blood count dropped significantly which means he's got a double whammy going on when it comes to oxygenation because not only is he dealing with whatever the pneumonia's doing to his lungs, the anemia has gotten bad enough that his blood just plain can't carry enough oxygen to keep him going properly.

And because there's respiratory symptoms happening, they're testing him for Covid - as far as we know he's had no exposure, but I understand they have to check - and that means I can't even visit him in the hospital for at least a couple of days, until his test comes back and is negative.

So sorry this is happening. Hope he doesn't have covid and hope they are able to treat him and it's not too serious. Keep us informed and Let us know how it goes.

Catstaff, I hope your husband doesn't have COVID.  Can they do a blood transfusion?

My day has been lousy.  I have chronic fatigue syndrome and I've been extra tired today.  I get so sick of that.  

Edited by Classycal

Catstaff.. that's really horrible, I'm sorry to hear that. I genuinely wish the best for your husband.

And Classycal, I hope you feel better soon :(

My day has been alright, nothing too out of the ordinary. I just draw pictures like usual.

Thank you for the good wishes, folks!

I just spoke with my husband; he's had a transfusion and is on oxygen and feeling slightly better. The Covid test came back negative so he thinks they'll let me in to see him tomorrow. Still waiting on a whole slew of other test results and still no idea when he'll be released. But at least that's one thing gone right.

Today is going absolutely horrible so far and I've only been awake for a few hours.

Turns out my first 8-hour overnight shift at my new job is TOMORROW, with only a 9-hour difference between it and a beforehand 6-hour morning shift. I'll have to be in bed as soon as I get home, and this is heavily counting on my 11-year-old sister actually keeping her voice down for once.

I know my dad's really not happy about it and he's saying that double-shifts like that won't be normal for me, but I'm still worried that it will be normal. and if they are, I'm guaranteed a mental breakdown sooner than later because I need time to de-stress properly

Well, i didn't thought that today would be so terrible. My husband's father got drunk and said a lot of unpleasant things during the family dinner, which left a residue for the rest of the day. 

Perhaps the worst day for me in 2020.

Well, I see I forgot to update here for a couple of weeks. So, to catch everyone up...

My husband ended up on a ventilator for a week due to the pneumonia. His kidney function also crashed. He was in ICU for just over a week, then got transferred to a regular room. He's improved slowly but surely over the last couple of weeks, but he now requires dialysis as his kidneys are no longer doing a good enough job cleaning the crud from his bloodstream. He's also developed something called orthostatic hypotension, meaning that when he sits up or stands up after being reclined or lying down, his blood pressure drops hard and fast, leading to dizziness and loss of balance. Again, this has been improving, but it's not right yet. Between that and the muscle atrophy from the time he spent intubated and sedated on the vent, he needs some serious physical therapy. Right now, he can't walk far enough/well enough to get into our apartment from the parking lot, especially since we're one flight up and the stairs are the only option.

But the good news is, they've found him a bed in a rehab facility that can also handle the 3x/week dialysis, and they sent him there about an hour ago. Be a longer drive for me to visit - unfortunately, there wasn't anywhere local he could go because of the dialysis - but we're hopeful that he might be home in time for Thanksgiving! (Last Thursday in November, for the non-Americans.)

Lots of vibes for your husband, @catstaff!

My day has been... Up-and-down, I guess? Been a little emotional the last few days and ended up almost-crying after walking my dog this evening. However!! Today I *wrote* for the first time since April!! Ever since 2017 I've been struggling to write anything, feeling like maybe I'm just not a writer anymore, and it's so frustrating but I just can't seem to actually write anything. In April I managed a decent-sized outline for an idea on an older story, but hadn't written for over a year before that, and nothing since then. Until today! It's not much, probably less than a thousand words, and I'm not at all sure I can really turn it into a proper story, but it's a start!

i finished/won NaNo! :) 

the "Untitled" link in my sig is the story....it needs a title XD 

@HeatherMarie and everyone else sending good thoughts, thank you!

Hubby did better than expected in rehab, and he came home yesterday!

He's still not 100%, but he managed the stairs and he can get around within the apartment just fine, and he's got a walker to lean on for when he needs to go longer distances, like parking lots and doctors' visits. And of course, the more he works on building up his stamina, the farther he'll be able to go without the help. Neither of us is looking forward to the 3x/week dialysis, but that's mainly because the place scheduled him for 5 am! Yeah, that will be better for adjusting his normal work hours around it once he's well enough to go back, but he's not looking forward to getting up at 4 in order to get ready and get there on time.

The only other annoyance so far is we've been ordered to keep the cats out of the bedroom - they're used to sleeping in with us - because he's got a permanent tube in his chest now for the dialysis. So now we're stuck listening to the cats scratching at and rattling the door while meowing plaintively because we've shut them out. Hopefully they'll get used to it soon.

Well, my holiday season could be better, but it also could be worse. 

I'm currently stationed a few states away from home for training and haven't seen my family since the beginning of September. Life's been hectic, but we've received news that we can go home for the Christmas holidays! With that, today's been pretty good. I also found some pretty good Black Friday sales, even though I know it's only feeding the beast that is corporate America.

My grandfather (mother's side) died from Covid-19 today. I'm not really affected since I barely knew the man (met him once in my life) but my mother was so upset she had to leave work. :(

3 hours ago, LadyLoki said:

My grandfather (mother's side) died from Covid-19 today. I'm not really affected since I barely knew the man (met him once in my life) but my mother was so upset she had to leave work. :(

still, i'm sorry to hear this :( 

@catstaff Nice to hear that your husband is getting better!

@LadyLoki I wish your mother the strength to endure this😞 

My husband and I have an unusual preparation for Christmas, we decided to re-glue the wallpapers in our room, so yesterday we spent all day cleaning and preparing the walls, removing furniture, and cleaning the house. It took 16 hours of uninterrupted work, so we only went to bed by 6 in the morning. My wrists ache so much, as if I were at an armwrestling tournament🙈

Thanks @trystan & @Red_Snake . My mother is doing better about it all. I know she'll be fine. :)

On a much lighter note. You know when you buy clothes offline it's always a 50/50 chance they won't fit, unless you've purchased from the brand a few times and know what to get. Well, I purchased a jacket from a site I've only ever bought from once before (and that was a sweatshirt). I was wary if it would fit, especially since it wasn't cheap. However, got it today and it fits perfectly! :wub: So that made my day pretty dang good today imo. lol

Well, since you asked... I have to go to the Dr. this morning. My back is broken so I'm going to the pain management clinic.

The renovation continues. Today we sawed off the upper part of the plaster and found out that it was not dry - the wall is damp, and it is unlikely that something will change in the coming days :( One way or another, we have to go further. Today we will putty before gluing the wallpaper. I can't wait to decorate the house before christmas.