xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I should take my cat out, it's very sunny outside. We recently moved into a house so it's really nice to walk him on our own yard. I'm glad I trained him to walk a harness on when he was kitten; he's still a bit afraid outside but still likes to go there in small amounts. Our other cat is a rescue cat and I've decided he's an indoor cat. He had his time outside when he was a kitten :D besides, he wouldn't ever accept a harness.

Not the greatest, but it was alright. Still debating what to make for dinner.

A pretty good lazy day for me. Of course, I have character building for a DnD campaign this weekend, but my baby is asleep, she isn't all that fussy, and I'm doing fairly well.

It was insane, just when I think there will be some semblance of normalcy returning, everything breaks loose and I feel like I am putting out fires with gasoline. Hopefully today will be better.

Random update on my baby gold FW-angels for no reason.

92848426_3075648752495653_6761832361467392400238_219658756116286_61484934394124692682611_607924603143064_455288745228867

894311415_surprisedangelfishface.png.a02774676a3fcb45c8d45c86ab1bc08a.png😮 *fish-gasp*

They've gotten pretty big, the largest ones are about the size of a nickle and are starting to become more opaque which is nice because they've been clear until recently and not the shiny intense yellow of their parents, i'm hoping they develop full color eventually. They also have the full blue sheen the adults have when they angle themselves right which is pretty cool looking.

They now eat adult fish food exactly as their parents do, no grinding, no baby powder, just straight up flakes. And I have even started to grind up the shrimp treats I give to my adults once or twice a week and feed it to them every few days to add some variety to their diets.

If their parents had complex thought they'd be so proud of their babies.

They are now 7 months old.

Edited by blockEdragon

I hope you do lots of random updates, they are so gorgeous.

Edited by StormBirdRising
mistake

They're beautiful!

My days have been quiet, in full lockdown, not even outside exercise allowed. Lots of jigsaw puzzling and reading being done!

Oh Stop It, You | Know Your Meme

I'll try, i'm very forgetful though so don't expect much out of me.

I guess I could show the adults to.

Spoiler

92779712_230441734979812_33612574690272892689699_1115403032127226_7007607608668392822897_906960816383598_155694976104136

I don't have very many good photos of them, they move around a lot and my phone's camera is relatively low res.

Edited by blockEdragon

Looove the fishie updates! They look really nice in those pictures. Had to do a double-take when you mentioned their size, didn't realize they were so small!

How was my day? Well, I officially got laid off, so there's that. I haven't worked in a week for other reasons, but I've now been personally informed that the agency is laying off most people temporarily and I'm one of them. It's scary, and upsetting, but what I'm holding onto right now is that it's temporary. 

Other than that my day has been fine! /sarcasm

Boring and tiresome. Was reminded that I'm surrounded by a county full of idiots who don't take social distancing and shelter-in-place seriously. Some maskless pubescent girls coughed as I walked past them with my mask on, and I couldn't tell whether or not they were trying to mock me. It was all I could do to keep from giving them a talking-to. (I'm 5'10ish with long black hair and the queen of all resting ***** faces, so it would have been really scary for them, haha. 😈)

I'm sorry to hear about that, HeatherMarie. I hope everything works out for you.

My day was actually alright. I got a lot of things done, so at least I was productive. I also caught up with one of my friends. I worked out a lot, so presently I am feeling rather sore and tired. All in all though, one of the best days I've had this week.

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Looove the fishie updates! They look really nice in those pictures. Had to do a double-take when you mentioned their size, didn't realize they were so small!

You're very kind. They babies are about the size of a quarter if you factor in the fins, I did not and probably should have. Sorry if I said something confusing.

I took a tape measure and (including fins) The largest of my adults (the father) is roughly four and a half inches tall, and his largest child is roughly 2 inches tall.

Edited by blockEdragon

Love the fish updates.  They are beautiful.

I had a pretty good day.  Yesterday, I felt myself slipping into deep depression and anxiety, but that's better today, so that's a good day. 

I made another mask today.  Friends keep asking for them so as long as they do, I'll make them!

It's my routine now. I have to accept it. Go to work, stay as long as they need me, go home, get some sleep. No gym, no pool club, no sushi lunches, no hanging around outside drinking horchata and joking around, no library, no volunteer work, and it is still surreal, like it is not really happening.

9 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

It's my routine now. I have to accept it. Go to work, stay as long as they need me, go home, get some sleep. No gym, no pool club, no sushi lunches, no hanging around outside drinking horchata and joking around, no library, no volunteer work, and it is still surreal, like it is not really happening.

Horchata -  I learned a new word.

I miss my volunteer work. 

There is only so much organizing and re-organizing one can do.  

I got home a few hours ago. Life is not going so well.

Fights, nightmares, panic attacks getting more frequent.

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

I got home a few hours ago. Life is not going so well.

Fights, nightmares, panic attacks getting more frequent.

Sorry to hear that. Have a Zen hug and a brownie.

My day's been quiet. It's 'hump day' - the middle day of our five days of full lockdown. I've started yet another puzzle and read yet another book and even managed to tidy the cupboard under the stairs.

I hope things improve for you, Blondi. 

I'm equally as sore today as I was yesterday. My day was honestly not so good, but that's just how Saturdays are. Also, I got my very first sick egg today while messing around and testing hatcheries. (It was a Zyu, of course. What else could it be? :rolleyes:) Nonetheless, it's better now. Planning to be more productive tomorrow at least. Very tired; looking forward to going to bed.

It was the same, work, home, etc. and it was different. It's starting to sink in that the world I knew is gone forever. Each night and day blends into the next and each time I wake up I am so grateful that we are still standing. It is what it is.

It was the new normal. I had dinner with a friend. I sat on the front porch and he sat on the hood of my pick up truck, 12 feet away. We laughed and talked while we ate our meals and drank our sodas. A month ago I never thought life would be like this, but it is what it is.

I did that a while back too, StormBird. I stood on my porch and my friend stood down the driveway and we spoke. It was strange, but nice as well.

My day is okay. I'm just... not really thinking of anything right now. My head is empty.

had a good day, i'm working on the edging of a crochet blanket that i'm almost done with, watched some of my show, talked to my mom, had a zoom chat with some friends on another forum, and tonight i'm making pizza for dinner and going to my yarn group over skype later on. i'm hanging in there.

Still strange in a surrealistic twilight-zone type of way. The days just run into each other, each one is different but sometimes they feel like they are all the same. It is like time is standing still. I just did all my usual things today, get up, get dressed, walk my service dog, drive to work, stay here at work for forever, drive home, eat something, and go to sleep.

Just another day in the OC. EXCEPT, today there were about a 100 car caravan going down the street. People had their lights on and were beeping their horns and had home made signs posted on the outside of their cars, expressing their displeasure at Nancy Pelosi for holding up the funding to the SBA package in the CARES stimulus package. Maybe they are going to drive to her multi million dollar mansion, I hope they pick the right one, she has 5 of them. Other than that today was was same old, same old, in the new normal. 

In general, I haven't been doing so well lately. I've kind of just been a big ball of anxiety... That being said, today was better than normal. I went for a nice long walk with my dog and otherwise managed to convince myself to actually do things today. :lol: