xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

9 hours ago, Wiz said:

I just got off the phone with my doctor about my last set of blood tests and she said now when I'm asked about my medical history I can say I'm a type 2 diabetic but I'M IN REMISSION!!! 

I don't  care how hard I have to work to keep it in remission just the fact I've done it is, I can't even, I'm in tears lol

So I came here to share because it was either that or stand on my doorstep screaming,  "remission,  remission, remission" 🤣🤣🤣

That is wonderful. As the wife of a type 2 diabetic, I know how hard it can be to do what is needed to achieve that status!

9 hours ago, Wiz said:

I just got off the phone with my doctor about my last set of blood tests and she said now when I'm asked about my medical history I can say I'm a type 2 diabetic but I'M IN REMISSION!!! 

I don't  care how hard I have to work to keep it in remission just the fact I've done it is, I can't even, I'm in tears lol

So I came here to share because it was either that or stand on my doorstep screaming,  "remission,  remission, remission" 🤣🤣🤣

Congrats Wiz! :D That's awesome to hear, I'm happy for you!

Had to go to Housing today to give them documentation that I'm no longer receiving unemployment. They are very nice, but I still felt awkward trying to explain that yes I still *technically* qualify and no I don't have any sort of benefit-denial letter but there are new requirements for weekly reporting that I just can't meet, so yes I technically still have a claim approved but I can't file any weekly reports and thus am no longer receiving unemployment. *grumbles*

I'm really enjoying mini-painting so far.

Spoiler

291719956_bronzedragon.thumb.png.569c96ba2d9086198cbbebfc536d04a7.png

497974895_Purpleandbluedragon.thumb.png.b3be4b3e806cfed0c7bb2cb529dcf62c.png

747441417_whitedragon.thumb.png.d1bad877a5ceec31e2e4ac3a827a5009.png

I'm really looking forward to painting my fancier dragons soon.

12 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

I'm really enjoying mini-painting so far.

Reveal hidden contents

291719956_bronzedragon.thumb.png.569c96ba2d9086198cbbebfc536d04a7.png

497974895_Purpleandbluedragon.thumb.png.b3be4b3e806cfed0c7bb2cb529dcf62c.png

747441417_whitedragon.thumb.png.d1bad877a5ceec31e2e4ac3a827a5009.png

I'm really looking forward to painting my fancier dragons soon.

Gorgeous!

My day... has been abso-freaking-lutely amazing!

My favorite band, Nightwish, is having a pair of virtual concerts at the end of the week. Due to whatever technical issues, the ticket sale site and my bank refused to talk to one another, wouldn't validate my debit card, and I couldn't get a ticket. My mom tried to buy me a ticket for my birthday and had the same issue even though she tried to use a big-name credit card rather than a debit card. My other half doesn't want our only bank account linked with Paypal, after we had some issues with them with our business a few years ago (not dissing Paypal, just saying if I was gonna use them again, I'd need a separate account just for that) so that wasn't an option either.

Well, I was in chat with some people on YouTube today and everyone was talking about the upcoming shows... and when they heard I didn't have a ticket and why... someone bought me one. I didn't request it or anything, they were like, "Hey, go to the Discord for a minute," so I did, and as soon as I did, they PMed me with a ticket.

I swear, I'm smiling so hard right now, my other half is going to be worried when I pick him up from work! 🤣🤣🤣

@catstaff  That is amazing! Every time I start losing faith in humanity I see something like that happen and it just warms my heart. 

My day was alright, I was Productive but didn't get everything done that I'd wanted to and I'm trying to remind myself that's okay. My stepdad sent us food (sometimes he orders delivery for us as a surprise) and the bacon cheeseburger was sooo good. I got more typing done, getting closer to being done typing up the stuff I wrote while in the hospital. On the downside it's getting pretty hot here (it's nearly 6pm and currently 99 degrees outside...) which means every small chore necessitates sitting in front of the fan to cool down after. 

4 hours ago, catstaff said:

and as soon as I did, they PMed me with a ticket.

Very cool! :D

I had a day off in lieu of yesterday's bank holiday so got to be at the house I'm house sitting with the two dogs, the two cats, the gardener, the handyman cleaning up after the plumber, the gas company refilling the tank so I now have hot water, and the neighbour to find out which gas company it was because they'd crashed into her wall. Oh, and the two lizards needing rescuing from the cats. So... not really the quiet day off I was hoping for.

Day off of work, nine days til the wedding. Bit of cycling, bit of shopping, bit of house admin.

6 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

Day off of work, nine days til the wedding. Bit of cycling, bit of shopping, bit of house admin.

Wedding? Congrats!!!

It's so quiet here I can hear my blood pulsing.

Done reading egyptian text.

Apparently ancient egyptians were kinda kinky. 😂🤷‍♀️

What in the name of all holy things did I just read? 🤯

645520333_Silverdragon.thumb.png.2be4fae54cb150827e23ef42cc2ee2c6.png
Finished painting my silver dragon, It was a long wait for all the different shipments but I'm pretty happy with what I got.

EDIT:

Annnd now I did the gold

1828229924_golddragon1.thumb.png.ff86de50ed2d51d2f966a8590bc65123.png

198798064_1375656832821154_3383542794832

I used this gold paint called "Goldest Gold" after not liking any of the standard gold paints, it also came with a cool box and a pin so that's fun.

Edited by blockEdragon

Been going through the last few weeks thinking tomorrow is my birthday. It's not. It Wednesday. There are 31 days in May not 30. Realized today when all the shops were shut because it's the last May bank holiday.

And I know there are 31 days in May. I know this.

Lousy day.  

I got a text at 1:44 AM, telling me that I am missing a pallet at work. Since it came in before midnight, I had to claim it today, my day off. That meant swinging in for just under 2 hours, starting just after 7 AM.

It was raining in the morning, so I didn't lose any good weather while at work, but I ate too many carbs today and my sugar is off. Not too badly, but I was tired and slept for a few hours.

FYI, I had no problem being texted at 1:44 AM. I needed to know, and I would rather get that problem reported early, while there is still time to find my missing stuff at the warehouse. 

6 hours ago, Wiz said:

Been going through the last few weeks thinking tomorrow is my birthday. It's not. It Wednesday. There are 31 days in May not 30. Realized today when all the shops were shut because it's the last May bank holiday.

And I know there are 31 days in May. I know this.

Well hello there and happy early birthday! My birthday is Thursday, what a small world! 😃

My day has been... Okay-ish so far. Having tummy troubles (more than usual) and getting very annoyed at the neighbor's loud music, but a friend brought us yummy fast food which was really good and there is enough left that we don't have to do the 'what to have for dinner' dance tonight. I'm a little worried about my mom, her leg was healing fairly well from the surgery but a few days ago she might've twisted it in her sleep (we aren't sure) and since then it's been super painful and her walking has gotten worse. She seems to be doing alright today with using the cold packs and staggering her pain pills, so *fingers crossed*. 

On 5/31/2021 at 11:35 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Well hello there and happy early birthday! My birthday is Thursday, what a small world! 😃

Happy birthday for tomorrow! I hope your mum is doing better?

My day was good!! I love my job but work is always very tiring even though I enjoy what I do. I also feel like I'm falling behind on stuff because of my focus issues. :') I'm hoping I'll be able to pull myself together and get all of my work done by the end of the week.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:27 PM, Wiz said:

Happy birthday for tomorrow! I hope your mum is doing better?

Thanks! Mom is doing better, still basically just confined to the house while her leg heals and doing physical therapy but it's healing fairly well.

Today has been... Okay I guess. It feels strange, despite being over 30 years old my birthday is still usually a celebration thing, going out to eat with friends and mom decorating and wrapping tons of presents for me (same for her birthday, and Christmas... we like celebrating!). But this year is different, of course. My case manager took me grocery shopping this morning, where I picked up my birthday cake and the birthday-money my stepdad sent me. Stepdad is also sending yummy delivery for dinner this evening. I think mom bought a few trinkets online for me but I don't know what yet. It's just been kinda subdued I guess. 

My sisters somehow got me to start a "how do I get to the next page" riddle, and it's a frustrating waste of time, but I have to keep solving pages because I must prove I'm not stupid. (To whom? Very good question.)

I've been on this site since 2009, and just learned about Thuweds . . there's one 2g in the trading hub. And I highly doubt I'll have the mental energy to hunt for what's being requested . .

It's just one of those days.

I received the tenancy agreement for my new apartment today. The apartment is not perfect but it's in the area that I like most in my city. I never thought I'd actually live there some day! 😸 I hope everything goes well this time and I don't have to move again any time soon.

My day has just started (it is 7:53 where i live) but my summer officially starts today.