xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Busy, did a lot of pre-snowstorm grocery shopping today. My dad and I also went to a Mexican restaurant to eat after we finished the shopping, so that was fun. :)

Edited by Aqub

Had my lower wisdom teeth removed yesterday at work by a co-worker dentist. Usually they don't take the both sides at once, since the anesthetic is pretty awful - and it was, but I wasn't really that scared and the teeth came out pretty easily. I was so numb yesterday but now I feel quite okay (still took some painkillers today though).

I'm also thinking about starting a second job. Perhaps not on my current branch but something else a little bit lighter, like an office work or sth. My boyfriend said that I shouldn't do it, that I will be too tired - and that's probably true. But I really want to do something more and I could use the money :D

On 1/11/2020 at 2:20 AM, Sashimi said:

Had my lower wisdom teeth removed yesterday at work by a co-worker dentist. Usually they don't take the both sides at once, since the anesthetic is pretty awful - and it was, but I wasn't really that scared and the teeth came out pretty easily. I was so numb yesterday but now I feel quite okay (still took some painkillers today though).

I'm also thinking about starting a second job. Perhaps not on my current branch but something else a little bit lighter, like an office work or sth. My boyfriend said that I shouldn't do it, that I will be too tired - and that's probably true. But I really want to do something more and I could use the money :D

Glad you're okay! My wisdom teeth had to be overnight-in-the-hospital surgically done, so I am glad when people have an easier time of it.

To paraphrase my current new-to-me favourite artist, "I've had a **** day." I've had abdominal pain since Jan 8th, thought at first it was an intestinal upset, then a muscle strain, but it's not been easing or going away. Come to the ultrasound today to learn I have Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD). I have a CT scan tomorrow then an appointment with the kidney doctor to find out what to do going forward. I am not a happy camper right now (and a tad more freaked out than this post is letting on).

Well, Josh Duhamel almost crashed into me at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am after driving his ball into the crowd. He decided to walk right past me to get to it and I almost didn't see him in time - I was stuck in surreal mode, lmao. And I got to see Bill Murray and Larry the Cable Guy. So it was pretty nice, I'd say.

Pretty suckish.... Had to cancel our holiday to Japan in April which we've been super looking forward to. We were due to be flying through China which has just turned into a nope zone. And the people I was going with's work said that they'd have to be in self-isolation for 2 weeks upon returning EVEN if we didn't touch Chinese soil. So yup...

There's always next year..... just hope my friends don't cancel on me.

My day hasn't been going so well. I suddenly came down with a fever overnight and now I'm stuck in bed feeling terrible. I was hoping to make a cake for Valentine's day, too, but not happening now. :(

4 hours ago, Aqub said:

My day hasn't been going so well. I suddenly came down with a fever overnight and now I'm stuck in bed feeling terrible. I was hoping to make a cake for Valentine's day, too, but not happening now. :(

Feel better. Get some hot soup from the Valentine's event game. LOL. My day was busy as hell but it's good to be busy (or so my boss tells me).

got three pairs of jeans at a thrift store for about the cost of one pair new. :D 

*sigh* I met my mother and my sister at the doctor's office yesterday. My sister picked her up so I wouldn't lose too much work time.

My mother got an emergency appointment because she peed little during the day and a lot at night. 

Yup, really. I blurted out that she should not drink so much later in the day. She got mad, but the doctor agrees with me. 

My mother has always been a bit nervous. Worse lately.

Of course, she had Googled her symptoms and thought she was in heart failure.

saw my dad today. he's been having memory loss issues, and they really snowballed back in july last year. but he's really gone downhill since then (hubby and i saw him in august 2019, and i'm sure i saw him in like october, but he was napping then) - he does a LOT of sleeping, my mom visits him daily.  they live in a senior community, and since july, dad's been in the memory care wing. but he didn't want to sit up on his bed, his nurse was telling him to open his eyes - he opened his mouth.  once he did get sitting on the bed, mom and the nurse moved him to a wheelchair so he could have his sandwich for lunch.  he had a few bites, the nurse told him to open his mouth for more - he opened his eyes.  that was weird, he kept wanted to keep his eyes closed. he's like a three-year-old, trying to get him to sit up, sit at the little table, take a bite of sandwich, take a drink of water.....  i'm not really sure he remembered who i am, but i think he still remembers mom. *sigh*

mom's having a meeting sometime next week to see if he's going to start needing hospice care - but the only difference really will be more attention, really.  he already has nurse companions for like 12 hours each day.

but then hubby and i had dinner with mom and some of her friends there, and watched a Twilight Zone episode from the 80s that we all remembered somewhat differently than it actually was....

Edited by trystan

@trystan I'm really sorry to hear about your dad's memory loss. That kind of thing happening to a family member can be so hard to deal with. :( Sending love to you and your family.

My last few days have been a little hard, I was sick, and the same day I was feeling really sick, my dad hurt his foot at work. Luckily he's doing well and says it doesn't hurt too much, but he can't work for a while and needs help with a few things, including changing the bandages. The injury is gross to even think about, so having to see it is not fun. /shudder 

My day has been okay. Went to the gym in the morning and visited my old workplace to sign some documents they had misplaced. I really miss working there, it was so nice to see my co-workers. I'm graduating at the end of the month, and I have no idea what to do after that. I've been applying for jobs but there's really nothing in my field of work in this town. Gonna eat lunch soon though, which will probably cheer me up.

thanks @Aqub - it's the hardest on my mom, but she sees him every day for a little bit.

yesterday, he was classified for hospice care, but my mom said hospice is different than it was, and the doctors and everyone are thinking like 6 to 12 months, so there's that.

Awesome! Got offered my utmost "I will never even get a call from this application" dream job, amazing benefits. 

Pretty decent day.

I went to see the Sonic movie with my friend, which I enjoyed, but it took up most of my day.

Now I'm just kind of relaxing, sort of attempting to study for school.

Unfortunately I'm feeling too tired to exercise, but I'll just have to get into that tomorrow.

My teacher gave my class our first script last week, and today I've been memorizing it.

At long last, I am an actor.

My day has been swell I believe! Despite the number of bills haha. I am happily drawing a dragon today and managing my Pokémon card collection XD

My day was nice, I slept in late and then cleaned around the apartment. I also restuffed, mended, vacuumed and washed my giant killer whale plushie which is now back in A+ shape! That made me ridiculously happy and I've been cuddling it the whole day. 

I've been depressed for the last few days. I'm trying to find a place for us to move, but everything I'm seeing in area is either not pet friendly, not available, or way outside my price range. 

Add on top of that, an expansion for my husband's favorite game is coming out in a day or so, and he's making all these plans to binge out on it all night for the next few nights. Not quite sure how I feel about that. I mean it's just a game, right?

Depression has been especially bad today, for reason unknown. 

Edited by darkladyselenity

we said goodbye to Max tonight.  turned out he had a few other health issues going on as well as what we could see, and the emergency doctor agreed that we were making the right decision. he was just about 18, and we'd had him for almost 11 years, too. good night sweet Max.

Balf8OC.jpg

Sorry to hear about your dad trystan.  My dad was confused at the end and thought I was mom.  (I look like her.)  But he also knew mom was mom.  

Sorry about Max.  That's so hard.

All I've done so far today is post on the forums and check my dragons.  I have to pay bills though which sucks.  

thanks classy.  usually i'll ask my mom how my dad is doing, and one of the recent times, i asked if he still remembers her, and she said she thinks he kinda knows he's connected to her, but she's not sure if he knows how.  most of the time she visits him, he's sleeping.

and yeah, it's hard losing a pet.  Max is the fifth cat we've lost.  we just have Blackie now, and he knows something's... different. 

On 3/1/2020 at 7:58 PM, darkladyselenity said:

I've been depressed for the last few days. I'm trying to find a place for us to move, but everything I'm seeing in area is either not pet friendly, not available, or way outside my price range. 

Add on top of that, an expansion for my husband's favorite game is coming out in a day or so, and he's making all these plans to binge out on it all night for the next few nights. Not quite sure how I feel about that. I mean it's just a game, right?

Depression has been especially bad today, for reason unknown. 

Sorry you are feeling so depressed.  I know that sucks.  I worked in mental health for many years.  I urge you to get help if you haven't already.  

I've lost three cats and so many dogs that I can't begin to say how many.  I'll have to think about that.

Well, my friends and I got the kitchen packed up except for a few essentials.  I'm exhausted and my knee really hurts.  I've got a lot more I could do, but I'm resting so I'll be worth something tomorrow.