xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I looked through 14 pages trying to find a thread like this, but couldn't find one. I think i saw it on Magistream. If this is a duplicate, please merge it.

I am currently driving from Connecticut to Idaho. I just got into Pennsylvania this morning around 10:30am. I'm driving west on I84, and suddenly, BAM! A turkey decided to fly into my Uhaul windshield. My husband was looking down at his foot area trying to dig something of a bag, and iglass pieces fell onto him. He immediately looked up at the windshield and said WTF was that? I was scared out of my mind. I saw the turkey about 10 feet in front of me, sitting in the ditch, and deciding to kill me. I'm going 50mph, and 10 feet is not enough time to avoid it. Now there is a turkey-shaped shatter pattern in the windshield. I'm hoping it died so it's not suffering. The good news is Uhaul set us up with a hotel room. But, the windshield won't be replaced until after 8am tomorrow.

That was my day. How was yours?

Today was a bit stormy and rainy, and naturally - some of my friends and I wanted to buy food from the shops across the road for lunch. I offered to go with them since I had an umbrella to try to keep them dry;

The umbrella was too small for the three of us and the winds were going crazy and kept flipping my umbrella upwards, eventually breaking it. So we spent halfway of the entire walk getting rained on and getting shoes wet from unassuming puddles. When we got there, they went and got coconut milk, a sack of oats, and microwaveable pudding.

By the end of the day, I was waiting for my sister on the side walk/footpath, getting rained on - again (not that I'm complaining anymore) and proceeded to NEARLY get drop-kicked into a reasonably spiky hedge all due thanks to crazy powerful winds.

And if you think those wind scenes in Disney movies could apply to real life with the majestic hair flowing behind you - think again because I got wind-whipped in the face by my own personal cat-o-nine-tails called my thick long hair.

TL;DR the wind is not your friend.

My boyfriend's bus was late into town today, so we didn't get to cuddle as much as usual sad.gif

I also feel a little sick. Not quite sure what it's from - perhaps the sushi we ate...

Other than that, though, today hasn't been bad; it's really sunny around here, and since my GCSE study leave is coming up all my lessons are fun biggrin.gif

It's kinda sad to think that, after having been in the same German class for four years, I just had my last one. :'(

Pretty normal, all I did today was work on getting a bunch of assignments turned in by the deadline of this Friday. But, I did find a frog (or toad?) hiding in the house plants and I was afraid the cats would get him, so I caught him in a jar and took him outside. smile.gif

Just fine until I got home from work.

No internet. I am on my phone. Grrr... it may be fixed in 4 to 24 hours.

Edited by PrincessLucy

Day two of my drive:

Headed out at 11:40am.

Got stuck in a traffic jam, cause of jam: 2 semi trucks collided and completely closed I80 West bound, between exits 73 and 78. I am between those exits, and have been stationary for 4 hours. So glad i used the restroom at the lsst rest stop. Possibly another 2 hours or more before we start moving. I'm beginning to think that I should not have moved.

Mehhhh... Sunday night I fricked up my wrist pretty bad, and then I had a big audition the next day, for orchestra, so I had to play my violin. So that was painful, and I feel like I could have done way better if I hadn't screwed up my bow hand.

And then I hit it on a door today, and that made it worse, and I'm super stressed about the audition. So it has not been a great day!

My day was so-so. Had to run my dad around to get his check, but he didn't get it, so that was gas wasted!!!

Not as productive as it should have been... :/

Didn't get much sleep last night as the entire neighborhood decided to pull an all nighter. (seriously wtf)

And then today sucked at the shop. I'm going to go to bed early tonight and sleep in tomorrow I don't even care.

My day was ok but I really need an earlier night tonight and stop with the biome stalking laugh.gif

My day was a lot better than yesterday. I bought myself some new stuff, and had a glorious dinner with the husband/wifey.

pretty typical day except for some hecka good news about getting two used cars for free!! YEAAAH

guess who's trading in those hot babies for a cool new ride (☞゚∀゚)☞

Edited by catmosphere

Today was horrible. My bestest friend in the entire world, my doggie Tasha, died this morning. We took her to the emergency center at 5am but she had gotten really really bad by then, and she just couldn't fight it. She was barely 5 years old. My entire day has been spent trying not to cry, crying uncontrollably, and alternating feeling really numb.

It was good. smile.gif I don't have much left to do for school since the end of the year is approaching, so I finished that quickly then caught up on a show I watch with my mom.

It started okay but as the day went on I started to feel pretty bad. But oh well i'm sure tomorrow will be better..!

Whelp, my guinea pig sadly passed away yesterday, which I just found out about today. It also seems that storms are coming to my area soon. And I should be studying for a huge exam next Tuesday, but I'm not because procrastination. My emotions have been pretty unstable lately.

But yeah, I'm good.

My day today? Too early for anything interesting to have happened.

Yesterday after work I went out to eat with my mom and to buy some things that I needed. Measuring tape, black sesame seeds and mint oil. Seems like a pretty random selection of things...

Still early, not even lunch time yet. My stomach hurts and I have to go through and clean out my room plus switch out all my summer clothes for my winter clothes. Today doesn't look fun. Hopefully I feel better by tonight.