xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I'm a bit gobsmacked.

Paul usually makes the coffee in the morning, it's part of his morning ritual, bless him, he makes a great coffee. He mentioned, as he handed me my cup that I should've brought a bag out when I made the Kraft Dinner the other day- I should've, my mistake. I don't use milk a whole lot because I'm lactose intolerant, so I don't really pay it much heed to its volume. I just enjoy certain things and deal with the gassy repercussions later. I won't drink it straight because it makes me sick to my stomach; He tends to consume it more than I do, though even in recent years that has declined.

So when he mentioned that I hadn't taken one out, I apologised for not checking, then assumed Paul had taken one out: To me this was logical, it made sense (he mentioned it, he took it out).

A few minutes ago he handed me a mud coloured coffee. It was in that instant when I realised that no one brought a bag of milk out to defrost even though it was brought up that it was low/out yesterday. I was totally gobsmacked. I don't think I was incorrect to believe he had taken one out to defrost when he brought it up, while standing in the kitchen near the freezer... I mean if I notice the milk is very low, or out, I defrost one. His response when I inquired about him not taking one out was that I should've noticed that there wasn't one out yesterday. It's not all that uncommon for me to find an entirely empty milk bag in the fridge when I need it for something (and nothing defrosted). After all, I don't really use the stuff much.

Maybe I should've checked. But the logic in my mind, he had taken care of it when he mentioned it to me.

... So that is how my day is turning out, and its only 8am. I've been awake since 4am (atlantic), and I'm exhausted, congested and coughing. (its three weeks since my cold started, and I am done with the linger cough tickle every time I lay down. I am bone tired

Edited by Starscream

2 hours ago, Starscream said:

So that is how my day is turning out, and its only 8am. I've been awake since 4am (atlantic), and I'm exhausted, congested and coughing. (its three weeks since my cold started, and I am done with the linger cough tickle every time I lay down. I am bone tired

Well, that's no fun. I hope you are feeling better soon.

My day started with falling right back to sleep after breakfast, something I rarely ever do.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Well, that's no fun. I hope you are feeling better soon.

My day started with falling right back to sleep after breakfast, something I rarely ever do.

I've been super groggy, been dozing all day, not getting anything achieved other than I finally took our christmas tree down.  Big case of heart burn right now

After the really crappy week I've had, today was actually really good! It was the first bit of sun we've gotten in a month, and it gave me a huge burst of energy! I chatted with some friends, cooked lunch, then studied for a while. Now I'm thinking about making a mug of hot milk to have while I watch PreCure.

I'm really pleased that I've been cooking so much more these days. It's a lot of fun, and I'm really thankful to live so close to several import grocery stores, so I can get any ingredient I need whenever I need it. I also encounter ingredients I've never even heard of before, and end up falling down a whole rabbit hole of potential new flavour opportunities! Next time I go shopping, I'm going to pick up some doenjang to try out making soup with.

Posted (edited)

Today wasn't exactly a good day.

My sister was at work and told a coworker that she felt light-headed, and passed out.

She had a heart attack, and didn't make it.

She leaves behind a husband, 5 adult children and a 15 month old granddaughter, as well as my brother and his wife and me and my son, who all live within a 1/2 hour of each other, plus cousins, aunts/uncles in different areas in the country.

She was 61.

Edited by PrincessLucy

11 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

She was 61

I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

13 hours ago, trystan said:

oh i'm so sorry @PrincessLucy :( {{hugs}}

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*

Thank you both. My nephew (her youngest child, who was her boss at work) was there when it happened.  I am not sure if he was the one who called 911 or not, but he called his father and me.

It still doesn't feel real.

12 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

Thank you both.

if you ever want to talk or vent or whatever, my  messages are always open. {{hugs}}

Spent Easter with Family, I loved every moment. 💕

As stressful as it could be for today, tomorrow's going to be even more. A tornado threat will be at least 150 miles away from me, still frightening, thankfully, it's going the opposite direction of me, I think. 

My family lost a dear cat today. Our sweet little Figaro. I will miss him so much.

Here's a picture from 2013 when he was small.

figaro.png.87ec08f34a108b323526c5500812877b.png

1 hour ago, Tiira said:

My family lost a dear cat today. Our sweet little Figaro. I will miss him so much.

Sorry for your loss. *hugs*

7 hours ago, Tiira said:

i'm so sorry to read this.  it's never easy.  {{hugs}}

My day has started off rather nice! The sun is out right now and it isn’t too cloudy either. So I sat outside in the front yard. I saw a blue jay hopping along the fence and hopping down to the ground to pick for worms. Then surprisingly I saw a mouse as well! It crossed the yard and went to the neighbor’s yard, and they took care of the mouse. Good thing because the cats came outside and started running all around! I just enjoy being outside and seeing animals. Plus feeling the warmth of the sun is so pleasant. I’ve been going through it with a lot of stuff but thinking about how the weather is going to get better puts me in a good mood.