xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Truthfully I'm very depressed and I'm closer to doing the bad thing than I've been in a long time. I have an appointment for a consult about transcranial magnetic stimulation on Friday. Hopefully I meet the requirements for it. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. 

Not really good, but also good?

My highscool is  safe zone, so I can FINALLY be myself at my school. 
But aside from that, I've been way too stressed, they're doing the online learning thing horribly, and I have about 3x the amount of work.

That'a how my day has been.

My day as a mother with sleep deprivation and hardly any space or time to do things is doing surprisingly well. I have a lot more patience than I thought I had, despite me being cranky and hangry this morning. XD But just chilling with the baby on my lap is a pretty chill day, with my husband playing games with his buds. Although, I really want to play my Pokemon game, but the RPs here and on another site are begging for me to post. XD I should probably get there.

Pretty boring so far, just a lot of school work. I've just been browsing these forums. I named some dragons though which is fun, I love naming them.

I baked today! No casualties, so that was good.

Today, I decided to use the very ripe bananas and make a banana bread. Bisquick is my special friend when I bake.

Well, I am a bit short on sugar, but that is okay. I don't want to open another box for a tablespoon's worth.

I didn't measure the oil, just eyeballed 3 tablespoons.

And, I didn't look at the vanilla when I directly squirted it into the bowl. There was a really big squirt home, and I probably used 3x as much as i needed.

Of course, I need 2 2/3 cups of Bisquick, and only had about 1 3/4 cups, so I improvised.

My Vanilla Oatmeal Banana Bread is ready. Without nuts, as the only nuts here are me and my family.

-----------------------------

I have been home since March 19, as I have a 91 year-old at home to take care of. My son and I are grocery store workers, so no income now except for my vacation pay, which is almost used up. One the plus side, I still have 3/4 of a tank of gas that I got in mid March.

I have cooked/baked more in the past 2 months than I did in my first 59 years.

Memorial Day is the hardest day of the year for me. But I made it through another one, not because I'm any tougher or any better than the people that can't hang on any more and eat their guns, but because I live for everyone I lost. They're gone, some of them younger than me, so I'm living for them now too. And because if I go down there wouldn't be anyone to take care of my service dog and I love that little guy.

14 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

Memorial Day is the hardest day of the year for me. But I made it through another one, not because I'm any tougher or any better than the people that can't hang on any more and eat their guns, but because I live for everyone I lost. They're gone, some of them younger than me, so I'm living for them now too. And because if I go down there wouldn't be anyone to take care of my service dog and I love that little guy.

*Hugs* Take care.

Definitely been rough. I moved out from an abusive husband right before the pandemic hit with no savings (he controlled the finances) and I am also a new grad nurse! The job I had lined up fell apart because they needed to redirect their resources towards hiring experienced nurses instead of training new ones. Not eligible for unemployment - my husband makes too much, even though I am completely cut off financially. He also won't sign the divorce papers. I've been estranged from my family for a while so I'm all alone with no plans and no idea what the future holds. I actually just returned to DragCave after a several-year hiatus and collecting the new dragons gives me some joy during this mess! I'm glad there is such a nice community here and talented artists. Hope you guys are doing better than I am. :)

Sleepy since morning. Had to wake up to attend classes for coding and now having crampy arms, along with a small headache. Had to wake up especially early just to finish some code too.

Had a mental breakdown and now am suffering from headache because of people I don't want to see anywhere around me. Just a common day in my life :'D

Pretty big baby fish update:

So the baby angels have gotten pretty big and I was talked into seeing how putting a few in the tank would go, believe it or not it went pretty well, the adults don;t really bother them and everyone is acting pretty normal.

Spoiler

99420846_908915329574344_2209035477154004992_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=N2qYY3gTFeMAX_pEw_h&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=65bd9557c25bd6081c0901df1bae38e1&oe=5EF45DB3101706432_254983892515192_6332640063444221952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=-KK_uy2AaqcAX8MCFH8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=90b46b95f900bab0d2454ba7794ac9be&oe=5EF58FFE

101687679_252385315861312_1493042000591585280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=0-8yIztn_SYAX_gdBTx&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=d2d49e358fb27e3b9e6d7383890aa1ce&oe=5EF44FBA

Sorry for the low image quality, my phone is a potato and they hate sitting still.

Part of me kinda wonders if the parents recognize the three as their offspring, I seriously doubt it but with fish you'll never truly know. At one angle they look like they posses a subtle grace and alien wisdom that can't be found anywhere else, at another they are goofy tank gremlins with naught but elevator music going through their heads.

Sleep deprived. Staying home so my amped-up irritability doesn't spill over. Depressed because my birthday's in three days and I can't have a party. And because my meds are turning me into an idiot.

it was a ok day i guess, i dont feel that tired or sleepy

Very boring and lethargic today after sleep depriving and stressing myself out for the past few days. I've had 2 exams in the last two days but, thankfully, they're all out the way and I feel quite pleased with my work considering whats going on outside and where I had to work. I decided to cook myself a crab curry using one of the small crabs that was delivered for my birthday to celebrate the end of my exams and sooth my burnout.

@blockEdragon Wow the fishies are getting big! Glad they seem to be doing well in the tank.

Today may have been the *best* birthday I've ever had. I'm over 30 at this point but my mom still loves making a big deal out of my birthday, decorating and getting lots of little presents and such. Usually it's lots of small dollar-store stuff and 2 or 3 larger things, but this year really stood out as the best. My mom gave me multiple personalized, specially made for me gifts, things so obviously spent a long time on, and I ended up happy-crying multiple times. It was an awesome day.

34 minutes ago, AngelsSin said:

Apparently I don't have a emoji banging head against desk. But do I ever want to hang my head against a brick wall, over and over again. It would be more productive to do so.

here ya go:

DisgustingUntimelyApe.gif.e996883e23028837da59889ee59a8eb9.gif

younger daughter and i had the opportunity to go to a protest today.... we didn't for a few reasons.... the hot and humid weather was one, but younger daughter (19) has been on antibiotics for strep throat, and her immune system might be kinda wonky for about 2 more weeks.  but my mom understood why we wanted to go.  i'm sure if she wasn't 74 she might want to go too.  and she also said that health takes priority; and we don't know what might actually happen at the protest....  so we didn't go.  i'm sure there will be more.  you're more than welcome to come over here if you want :) 

Edited by trystan
update

Today was fun. Walked at the beach, and solidly established a new friendship.

Yesterday was also my birthday (26th), and it was surprisingly fun considering the times. Went out with a friend for sushi, my favorite food, and my mom spoiled me with presents. Ended it by watching the floofy doofs play at the dog park.

Completely broke my sleeping schedule ('now it's more like a freestyle') and suffer from sleep deprivation. Went to the doctors again (the only place I visit since the quarantine and self-isolation is definitely health centres) just to confirm (again) that my way of living is 'a passive attempt of suicide', bought the new meds and still trying to get out of my depressive episode, but it seems that the Universe got it's own plans on me ಠ⌣ಠ

On 6/9/2020 at 6:11 PM, BreRo said:

Completely broke my sleeping schedule ('now it's more like a freestyle') and suffer from sleep deprivation. Went to the doctors again (the only place I visit since the quarantine and self-isolation is definitely health centres) just to confirm (again) that my way of living is 'a passive attempt of suicide', bought the new meds and still trying to get out of my depressive episode, but it seems that the Universe got it's own plans on me ಠ⌣ಠ

This is how I've been for a long time now, minus the suicidal ideation. I can't even get my doctor to diagnose me with what I actually have - existential depression and OCD. I see him in ten days, and that's when I'll put my foot down. Good luck to you.

My day's been blah. Sleep-deprived. Meds don't work. Brain works even worse. Contemplated watching a new show or movie before remembering I hate anything made after 2014. But I brushed my teeth, so there's that. Found a nice little heraldry website, so I'll probably get back into that.

@Sesshomaru

Good luck with the doctor, I have a meeting with mine somewhen next weekend. I don't actually have the suicidal ideation, I'm just not doing anything about my conditions and suffer them being sarcastic and self-deprecating as heck.

As for my day, I went for a walk twice, and on my second attempt I got to touch a birdie! It was a fledgling of unspecified thrush. I took it home to check it and consult the familiar biologist in study of mine and then returned it back to the wild (it wasn't more than a hour long).

IMG-2070.jpg

(cropped the parts of my bathtub, but this photo was taken by me)

Edited by BreRo

I went to the beach w my sister, found a hermit crab and took it over to the jetty so it wouldn't be stepped on by children.

I named it Hermin. Naturally. 

My family went swimming at my uncle's house today, and I got to meet his adorable new dog!

I got a security camera set up and started outlining a story so it's been an okay day so far. EDIT: I also got to infodump a history lesson about the initial landrush West by former freedmen-turned-sharecroppers hoping for a better life and that was dope.

Edited by dragon_mando

I'm getting more than a little bit annoyed and also concerned.

We had to move to a new state (job change) at the beginning of May. After dealing with an HR goof, we finally got access to the new health insurance website (our actual cards still haven't arrived, including the prescription cards) and I've spent today calling a list of 10 doctors' offices trying to find new primary care docs. Out of 10: one office is closing down altogether, two are no longer in-network, one seems to be physically closed (the answering computer gave info about getting prescription refills - which is only good for current patients - and a number to call for Covid testing, but no other options), one is actually an urgent-care center and so doesn't act as primary care, and the other five are not currently accepting new patients.

I'm on thyroid medication and I've already run out - and that was with rationing my doses instead of taking daily as I was supposed to. This medication is actually affordable even paying out of pocket, but I have to see a doctor to get the prescription renewed, as I don't have any refills left on the old prescription.

For my husband, it's even more serious. He's diabetic, on insulin, and was on an oral medication as well. Ran out of the oral medication before we even got access to the insurance site. He's got maybe 3 weeks' worth of insulin left because we had to up the dosage of it to make up for no longer having the oral medication. For that matter, I'm not sure he's even got 3 weeks' worth of needles left. He not only needs to see a doctor to get the prescription(s) renewed, if the prescription cards don't get here soon, we're likely to be paying as much as $1000 for a month's insulin, not to mention whatever the needles and test strips will cost.

Yes, if it comes down to it, we can at least hit an urgent care clinic and convince a doc there to at least write us new prescriptions. It's not as though thyroid medication and insulin are anything that addicts want for a high. But we've been there and done that before and it's a nightmare trying to manage, when you never see the same person twice and they want to do the same tests over and over and then the insurance gets whiny about paying for all the tests, etc.

One doctor. We need just one doctor. One.