xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Spent the last few days embarrassing myself in front of my employers and fighting the bank over money that I got scammed out of. Hopefully the rest of my year goes better :T

I hate this year already. Can someone give me a new one to start over?

Last week my main computer broke down and at the moment I have to use an old Ubuntu laptop that refuses to use my wifi. Two days after that, the car decided to break down, too. Then my Dad had a medical emergency when a varicose vein in his leg ruptured and as the bleeding couldn't be stopped he had to be admitted to the hospital to get stitched up (fortunately he's fine again). Oh, and the fridge just decided it wanted to be a freezer and can't be set to non-freezing temperatures between 0 and 7 degrees C anymore...

I saw a squirrel near our house for the first time. I hope it will return.

Oh and I wrote down a very short "what happens" summary for a story I want to write. I wonder if I'll ever actually write it. [Hopefully-just-hypochondriac thoughts about my health go here.]

I've spent literally 3+ hours reading tons of online articles/info on the Fabergé eggs, including the very current controversy over a supposed new find (er, finds, plural). Why? I... Don't know. It's interesting! 

Other than that my day has been rather boring/lazy. Took pictures of a beautiful sunset this evening.

My day today was good because for the first time in 4 days, I can actually type without it hurting! Not sure what happened to them but two of my fingertips were hurting really badly whenever I would touch anything... An unfortunate problem to have when you need to do a bunch of typing for your classes. :( They're still a little sore, but I'm very glad that they seem to be getting better. 

I got a new apartment today! 😻 I can't believe this, it happend so fast and suddenly, I mean, I've been desperate for a new home for almost one year now (we have a shortage of small rental apartments in Helsinki, so with two cats... finding a decent one is close to impossible.) Living here has been a nightmare after my current neighbours moved in, I won't even try to describe it, I'll just say I haven't been doing well at all because of the constant stress and sleep deprivation. I'm so happy even though I don't have enough energy to get it all organised, but luckily my family will help me. I hope I'll be able to move really soon!!

It's even just one block away from where I live now and I like this area so I never wanted to move too far. ❤️ (Or, I would like to move away from Helsinki but that's another thing because I have to finish my university studies first!)

23 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

I got a new apartment today! 😻 I can't believe this, it happend so fast and suddenly, I mean, I've been desperate for a new home for almost one year now (we have a shortage of small rental apartments in Helsinki, so with two cats... finding a decent one is close to impossible.) Living here has been a nightmare after my current neighbours moved in, I won't even try to describe it, I'll just say I haven't been doing well at all because of the constant stress and sleep deprivation. I'm so happy even though I don't have enough energy to get it all organised, but luckily my family will help me. I hope I'll be able to move really soon!!

It's even just one block away from where I live now and I like this area so I never wanted to move too far. ❤️ (Or, I would like to move away from Helsinki but that's another thing because I have to finish my university studies first!)

Olen niin iloinen puolestasi!

That's great that you managed to find a new place so close to where you are now. It's good that your family can help with the moving. I've certainly done enough moving to know what sort of craziness goes along with that. ❤️

12 minutes ago, catstaff said:

Olen niin iloinen puolestasi!

That's great that you managed to find a new place so close to where you are now. It's good that your family can help with the moving. I've certainly done enough moving to know what sort of craziness goes along with that. ❤️

Kiitos paljon! ❤️ Yes, there are so many things to do. I will probably have to wait one more month before moving because I still have to pay the next month's rent of this apartment, that's the notice period here from my side. But it's going to be so much easier now that I know this won't last forever!! 😻

I roller-skated (just ten minutes or so, better start slowly...) and I only fell once.  :lol:  Brand new skates - and old protective equipment that I was very grateful to have!

I also just found out that LibreOffice can open my old MacPaint files. I am disproportionately happy about being able to look at something I made in 1989. (The "last modified" date is miraculously intact even though the files were copied between various computers and operating systems.) I really don't understand how this makes me so happy, but I'm not complaining.  :D

Yesterday was horrible. Absolutely horrible.

I left my cellphone and wallet at home. Luckily, I keep my cash in a pouch, and I had that with me so I could buy lunch without having to dig thru my car for loose change.

I use my cellphone for everything at work. I call companies, vendors, customers (some customer #s saved so I can message them quickly). 

When I punch out for lunch, I make an alarm to punch back in on time. I also have a quitting time alarm.

I take pictures of safety issues and damaged product, as well as misdelivered products.

I was so very lost.

When I got home, I grabbed my phone, put it down, and lost it again. Good thing my son called it to find it under my jacket.

--------------

Today was great!  My day off. I went grocery shopping, got girl scout cookies, had lunch, and am now cooking corned beef and cabbage for supper.

I hadn't seen my new auto insurance bill, which is due on the 24th, so I went online and found the bill, and it is $26 less than last year. Now I am paid in full until March 24, 2022. I would normally have my agent shop my policy, but it is less than last year and at least $300 cheaper that anything my old agents have gotten me in several years, so I just jumped on it.

Now, all I have to do is change the litter box, wash my bedding and bedroom floor and take out the trash.

On 3/7/2021 at 1:23 PM, PrincessLucy said:

Today was great!  My day off. I went grocery shopping, got girl scout cookies, had lunch, and am now cooking corned beef and cabbage for supper.

Ack!! I totally forgot about girl scout cookies this year! We usually buy at least half a dozen boxes and freeze some. I'll have to poke around to see where to buy them this year, obviously they aren't selling outside stores (pretty sure I would've seen them by now if they were). 

My day has been.... Frustrating. Stupid construction going on in the apartment directly above us (still!), not as horribly-ridiculously-loud as my last post in the rant thread but I've had to keep my headphones on most of the day and wasn't able to take my usual nap, plus it's uh 'that time of the month' so yeah I'm kinda annoyed/frustrated/grouchy. Oh, and today was the only day this week mom and I were able to watch our soap opera together (due to appts and such the other days), and the noises got too-loud *right* in the middle of the show so we didn't even get to watch it all.

43 minutes ago, trystan said:

today i had a medical procedure that went well :) 

Glad to hear it!

Today, I discovered that my upstairs neighbor has acquired a drum kit. I actually heard drumming for a couple of days, but since I had headphones on before, I thought it might have been a video or something. Nope. Today I heard the drumming while I was cooking dinner, and there's no mistaking the reverb of actual instruments one floor up. Now to hope they have good taste in music...

thanks catstaff!

oh yes, good taste in music would be quite helpful. :) 

Heh. What can i say... I pretty much exiled myself from a community I've been incredibly active in for several months. So now I'm back to get even more depressed. Just another place to add to my "list of places I've messed up and can't return to without crying"...

Welp, today has been A Day. Power was out for nearly 4 1/2 hours, still not sure where it originated but two full blocks were affected. Just got power restored like 10 minutes ago. At around the 2-hour mark I was really nervous about the food in the fridge, I knew the freezer stuff would be alright as long as it was resolved today but we had fresh milk, newly-made meat dishes, etc in the fridge. My mom went to the grocery store and managed to get the *last* cooler they had, we stocked it with ice and put the super-perishable stuff in there. My anxiety has been consistently high all day because of this and I had to cancel a doctor appt I had today because there was just no way I could handle that on top of this. 

So that's been my day. And technically it's still only mid-day, let's hope nothing else happens, lol. 

Just doing stuff around the house, cooking, laundry, getting stuff ready for tomorrow. we had bought some storage boxes last week and have been organising over the weekend. Also unpacked a box of books and found some books of a series (Sneaky Pie Brown), one of which I noticed I must never have read (it’s spine had no creases or breaks), and I looked inside it and it still had it’s receipt from when I bought it. In June of 2000 ^^

and then I read that Parker from ‘Alien’ just died. The actor’s name was Yaphet Kotto, he was 81. That’s sad ;_;

… and then when I told my mum, before I said his age, she said “but he wasn’t that old!”

and I replied

“well, ‘Alien’ was 40 years ago …” 

“……”

”Sorry, Mum :eek:

Edited by Pliskin

Insignificant and typical. But hey, I found a Labradorite dragon, blancblack, and a silver shimmer scale dragon on the AP cave section so maybe i’m winning a little bit 

Today I had an unexpected panic attack, 'unexpected' in that it happened *after* the triggering thing was all over. I'm starting to seriously worry about my ability to cope with my mom being gone for 2-3 weeks when her knee surgery happens later this month, if this is how my anxiety behaves after two hours of her gone... :unsure:

Well I just finished painting my first mini. 

182089881_622915669108180_62207074325499

It came out alright I think.

Edited by blockEdragon

@blockEdragon That's beautiful! 

Today has been.... Meh. My case manager was going to take me to do errands: pharmacy for meds, dollar store, and grocery store. Only got through the first two, started getting too anxious and panicky and had to come home. Which means we still have no milk/meat/etc (had a fairly big grocery list) and I'm not really sure when I'll have another chance to go. Unless I take a cab... Meh. At the dollar store someone fainted in one of the aisles and they had to call an ambulance... Yikes.

I just got off the phone with my doctor about my last set of blood tests and she said now when I'm asked about my medical history I can say I'm a type 2 diabetic but I'M IN REMISSION!!! 

I don't  care how hard I have to work to keep it in remission just the fact I've done it is, I can't even, I'm in tears lol

So I came here to share because it was either that or stand on my doorstep screaming,  "remission,  remission, remission" 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Wiz

57 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I can say I'm a type 2 diabetic but I'M IN REMISSION!!! 

Ecxellent! :D

I am house sitting and have no water. Seems to be the exact same issue I had in another house recently. :rolleyes: