xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

@trystan Sorry to hear about Max. 18 is very old for a pet though, so on the bright side he had a great long life with you! 

Today has been a lot of studying and there's even more of it ahead of me. Midterms week...

thanks @Aqub 🤗  the thing about Max was that an indoor/outdoor cat, and had a few health things going on.... but yeah, he still lived to almost 18 :) 

I drove the 1.5 hours back to the house we moved out of a week ago because I had to get some things we left there, get mail from the post office and do some other things. Everything went fine and I even thought I could drive back before the traffic would be too bad... and then I cut my thumb on a sharp piece of metal while putting the very last box (half-asleep tortoises) into the car. So I went to the doctor before driving home - maybe it wouldn't have been necessary, but for some reason the first-aid kit in my car doesn't have a disinfectant and I really wanted to have that cut disinfected and looked at by someone who'd tell me it wasn't dangerous. (It bled like ****, but apparently that's normal.)

Aaaand for the last few hours I've been finding out for how many things I use that thumb.  XD

Just a heads-up to the thread, since coronavirus discussion had started to take over this thread, I've splintered it out into its own thread here. Please continue the discussion, including news, questions, and updates, there!

we moved younger daughter out of her college dorms today.  5ish hour drive back across the state was quite slow going.  now it looks like her college dorm room ate her bedroom! XD 

Not good. I may not have a job for much longer due to the virus.

23 hours ago, Classycal said:

What do you do Kaini?

I'm a graphic designer, I design... custom t-shirts, mostly for events and sports teams.

You can see how business in that would be plummeting as... all events and sports are canceled :(

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

I'm a graphic designer, I design... custom t-shirts, mostly for events and sports teams.

You can see how business in that would be plummeting as... all events and sports are canceled :(

Definitely.  Sounds like a pretty neat job.

Staying at home wasting my time when I should be using it to study for the most important exam throughout my life.

No school this week because my college is closed for now while they make the transition to all online classes. My classes were already online ones so no big deal for me, lol. I spent the day binge watching a show that I've been meaning to finish for a while now. 

Survivor was on tonight and Sandra got voted out.  YES!

I never thought that something like this could ever happen. It still seems so surreal to me, like I will turn on the news and they will say that it was just a training exercise and now it is over and we can all go back to our regular lives. 😥

I have many useful, constructive things I could or should be doing while in internal exile for the good of the realm (sounds a lot cooler than being stuck at home practising social distancing), instead I'm faffing around online, watching YouTube videos (though about language and ... erm ... Dr Who)

I will get around to the useful and constructive things. I do have plenty of coffee to keep me alert at least 

My day was just pretty much as always. In a way I don't really notice much of the lock down as I always work from home anyway.

Edited by Astreya

I've been going thru my scrapbooking trying to get it organized.  I've got more than half way thru it I think.  

Throwing out files is harder than I expected.  My mother passed away 11 years ago and this is the first time I'm properly sorting through the papers I carried back home.

There's much more of it than I anticipated that I feel might be worth keeping...

At least the sun is shining!

Finally have internet again today, it was mysteriously out for almost 24 hours. Luckily I have a textbook that I read the next chapter of to finish some school work... it's kind of hard to do online assignments with no internet. :( 

Today was exhausting. I went to our old house to solve some technical problems, and then after talking to people and doing other complicated things in a house that is WAY TOO COLD, I damaged one of my husband's expensive machines by pressing the "down arrow" instead of "page down" key. It will be a few weeks before we know how much is broken. I wanted to reduce the number of unsolved problems and instead I added one. 😞  

It's been a stressful day but at least I managed to accomplish a lot. I had more assignments than normal this week, and barely have had the chance to work on them because my internet connection keeps randomly dropping for 12+ hours (mom blames coronavirus). Had the chance today to get some stuff done and spent basically all day working on various programming related assignments, which are at least kind of fun! Not looking forward to tomorrow and the next day as much, since I'll have to write and perform a speech. I really wish speaking wasn't something I needed to be graded on, just the knowledge that I'm doing it for a grade makes me so nervous.