xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Finished another dragon, this one was quite stubborn thanks to a mixture of the paint I used and the humidity, it's not perfect but I think it came out alright.

No description available.201869941_2856755564653894_7279725222887258861_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=GT4iWzhXZmwAX-bvF2P&_nc_oc=AQlgg3MqxsGzwygr62oi8KUsUau5s25AODUImiDqHxbKv6PMuE-WwoziKWGzCy2i0MP4OdwJ-SaXkfjcbnNPehLx&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=44063cbeda2a8768c6f1d492e3fcaeb2&oe=60E5AC51205073429_395435418566709_6450045472823195483_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=Z68EcoqjwMAAX-mylPf&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=e6888ae7d900baca2eca5357d7f1cba3&oe=60E610C81196666302_REdragon.thumb.png.ef2a98d088a10a17597e47236281d54c.png

Obviously this is fan art of Dohaerys and hazeh's Royal Eminence dragon, thanks to them for allowing fanart BTW.

I sure do tend to fall off of this site for years at a time, but I always come back. That's what I did today, lol

Small update: I learned about name changes on scrolls. I'm incredibly happy about that, now I can finally get rid of that old one once and for all :3

Edited by NoonRaccoon

Gorgeous paint job, @blockEdragon!

Yesterday was a sweet day for me... went out to breakfast and upon asking for the check, learned that some anonymous person paid for our food. (Yes, I made sure to leave what I guessed was likely a 50% tip for the server.) Treated myself to a small bag of chips along with my cheeseburger for dinner, and then we were able to see most of the town's fireworks show from the balcony of our apartment.

Today's been decent as well, I'm ahead of my goal for Camp NaNoWriMo, laundry is about half-done so far, and the cats haven't had any major arguments yet.

Edited by catstaff

@blockEdragon Your dragons always look so awesome! It's impressive, wow. 

My day has been.... Well, in a few works, tired and icky and frustrated.  I barely got any sleep at all last night, and then had to go grocery shopping this morning which is always stressful/anxiety-inducing. (Short version, I have a very serious bug phobia that can literally leave me in hysterics especially if it's a fast/flying big bug.... Late last night a HUGE something-or-other flew right by my face and I freaked out so much I closed myself in my mom's room and cried, then slept at the very edge of her bed because I was terrified to leave her room.) So yeah, very little sleep for either of us, plus laying on her bed *always* ends up making my back spazz out (any bed, actually, I think my body is just too used to sleeping on the couch now, mattresses are just a Nope). So very little sleep, super-sore back, then grocery shopping for an hour that included buying *way* too much but my access to rides is limited so I have to stock up on stuff when I can, it took over a half hour to put away the groceries once I got home, still feeling rather overheated (currently 108 degrees outside).  

BUT I haven't actually had an anxiety attack yet today, so that's good. 

Well, my day has been alright. I've been trying hard to force myself to do things despite not feeling well, but today I'm so tired of it and I just don't want to do anything. More so than usual. I think I'll try to make myself do a few essential things but other than that I'm just going to try and take it easy.

I don’t know if this is really the right thread for this, but … 

I held a Cicada ^^

9 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t know if this is really the right thread for this, but … 

I held a Cicada ^^

Did it tickle? I always figure with the noise they make, they'd probably vibrate. XD

It's SUNNY!!! (That was not the forecast...)

My day has been alright so far, very productive. Major grocery shopping trip (the cart was literally overflowing), 1 1/2 hours of shopping/unpacking/putting stuff away.  (Still don't have all the pantry stuff put away, but shhh!) I also cleaned out the fridge, throwing away old stuff, and then took two big bags of trash out. I'm now tired and my back hurts, but overall it was very successful!

On 8/13/2021 at 7:08 AM, Lagie said:

Did it tickle? I always figure with the noise they make, they'd probably vibrate. XD

It's SUNNY!!! (That was not the forecast...)

It was actually being quiet! I came out of the grocery store and it was sitting on the curb by our car, I was afraid it would get stepped on so I put my hand near it and it climbed on 💖 It’s legs felt like little sticks or an un-wound paperclip! I had trouble keeping in my hand with how windy it was out and the cicada also kept going up my arm xD 

— ————

Yesterday we went to look at a travel trailer we had called about. After we looked at and said we had to think on it, we stopped at a gas station about a block away, got something to drink and got back in the car to find a missed call that the trailer had sold sight unseen to someone who had just called. … W.T.F. !?! Seriously?!?

Today I made edible cookie dough and am now eating cookie dough Ice cream ^^

@HeatherMarie days like that are very … oof. Lol, But I am very glad you were that successful today ^^

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Today I made edible cookie dough and am now eating cookie dough Ice cream ^^

That is so funny, I actually have a bowl of cookie dough ice cream in front of me right now! Store-bought, but still yummy.

Today was fairly good, had a 'do nothing' relaxing day (except for unloading the dishwasher and taking the dog out), spent a lot of time watching random YouTube videos. 

(I haven't yet been told not to 'double-post' if it's been over a week since the last post, so....)

It's barely noon, but already today has been... Eventful? Or, one surprising event? Was woken up around 7am to *loud* noises, took a minute to realize it was thunder. It's storm-season, though we very rarely get more than a 10-20 minute downpour around here, but thunder isn't exactly unusual around this time of year... But these sounds, my goodness. I'm used to those far-away thunder sounds, yunno? Like, you can tell that they are originating miles away and it's just a random burst of sound every so often. Not this morning, this morning it literally sounded like a plane was about to land on our roof that's how loud it was. We prepared for the power to go out but strangely it never did (...fingers crossed...). Also strangely, it barely rained at all, just a little sprinkling for like 5-10 minutes, I expected much stronger rain with those noises. It's still looking storm-cloudy outside, so there may be more to come, but the rain has almost totally dried up on the ground already. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

I've had an awful night and barely slept more than 4 hours? 3 hours? I can't exactly tell. I was right in the middle of Hurricane Ida and there's nothing more scarier than sitting in the dark listening to the wind howling around the trailer we live in. Those winds were probably over 100 mph out there and we sat there listening to the trailer creaking (hoping the roof didn't get blown away, luckily it didn't), hearing tree branches snapping all around and possibly a tree falling over (luckily we live smack dab in a field so no trees were able to fall on us), and listen to the wind howling in our fireplace. I can't imagine what it must have been for other people who had it worse than we did :(

Thank you @trystan parents went outside to see what happened outside and they said some trees were down in both the front and back yard. Part of a structure that they built onto part of a shed was destroyed (at least part of it), a tree that they planted in front of our front deck in a courtyardish area had limbs down. We are very thankful it wasn't worse 

@Dalek - you're welcome. glad it wasn't as bad as i'm sure some places are.  hang in there.

we've had some fun nor'easters up where i am in PA, too!

My day has been frustrating and anxiety-filled and overwhelming. Had a big grocery shopping trip that *had* to be done today (limited transportation options) despite my back hurting like heck from sleeping wrong last night... My case manager took me grocery shopping and I *lost* her somewhere in the store, I looked up and down every aisle and couldn't find her, eventually had to go to customer service and have them page her over the loudspeaker (she'd put her purse in my cart so I couldn't even call her...), that all made the anxiety even worse. Took over an hour to actually organize and put away everything when I got home. 

.... I need to go into happy-calm-land now, whatever that may be.

today was sorta sad, i found out that i wasnt able to continue a project i was working on and had to settle for a second option, it brought me down a lot since i had plans for the first project and listed nearly everything i would do with it, but, not for the second project, i was upset since its pretty different and this secoind project is easier and less worth,  but im cheering up slowly yet surely, ive decided to take a small break just to deal with it and play some games to keep my mind off it, its still pretty cool just, not what i wanted, on the bright side im getting better from when i was sick and thats good, im able to go back to school soon and see my friends again maybe, i was never a fan of school but my friends made it worth it to go so thats nice, hope everyone else is doing good lol

My university courses begin on Monday, and I should register for at least one more course to get the minimum credits. I planned to get that done today but I still can't decide which course to pick. I've already signed up for two courses that I need for my minor subject studies in Italian language, and those will be a lot of work for me. I'll also be taking a basic course in Japanese, and while that will be a lot of work as well, I'm very excited about it. It's just that everything potentially useful and interesting that has to do with my major subject will be at the same time as this Japanese course. I've found only one Fennistics course that I could fit in my schedule this autumn, so I could could take that one and use it to make progress towards actually graduating some day, but other than that, it isn't interesting to me really, and certainly not something that would help me with my master's thesis (that I have postponed to another time in not too near future). A few days ago I got an email advertising some open-for-all courses in sustainable development, very nice, the time is doable for me, this could be one option. But those would be in English. Yikes! And I really shouldn't take any more courses that I can't even fit in my degree.

To be honest, I'm not very happy with the range of courses available this year (in Fennistics and the subdisciplines that I'm focusing on – there seems to be just two courses that I haven't taken already!) This feels extra frustrating because last year I ended up making some bad choices, it's almost like I wasted the whole year. I didn't get much forwards but didn't find any other interesting things to study either, didn't even learn much.

In addition, we have a new "student information system" at the university, called Sisu, and it is so complicated and confusing. We only just moved to this new system and I've had enough of fighting with it already. Fortunately (or not) it seems I'm not the only one. At least it could be a bit funny, if you're familiar with the Finnish concept sisu... I sure will need some, both with the new system and with my plans for this academing year.

Did a small 45 min road trip to a saltwater store I miss from my old town. Spent too much, hah, but had a very lovely day seeing the owner again (she's very nice and I missed her!) and getting the new corals into my tank. Gonna go see my dad for dinner. Not so bad! :)

21 hours ago, Terces said:

@ylangylang That's exciting news! Congratulations! :D

Thank you so much! Hope you all find love and comfort in these trying times. :) 

(Debated posting this is the Rant thread or Emotional Support but I really don't want to get into the whole thing so I'll just post a small thing here...)  My day has been horrible. In short terms, got notified we could be evicted in 10 days, which lead to a *massive* panic attack. Apparently it's actually not as dire as the notice said, and we should be fine to continue living here, but it completely ruined my entire day. After a roughly-hour-long hysterical crying attack I was so exhausted I went back to sleep for almost 3 hours. 

(One positive note, this has proven that listening to certain songs on repeat *while* crying actually does help me in some ways (though anyone witnessing it may not realize that...))