TJ09

2016-03-20 - March Dragon Release

Thanks for the release! I really like the Antareans.

And is there another flood today? I just caught four Antareans in a row like nothing, so my set is complete.

Now up to find some more Sapphires. They look nice too!

In case you've missed it, we already started talking breeding plans here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173918 o3o

~

Grabbed another sapphire and two antareans. Not necessarily what I meant, but I didn't fully expect to get both the antareans. xP

Oh well, I have a few low time eggs that should hatch soon, lol.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I bet there are lots of people who were grateful for the 2nd flood.

Currently, I have collected 8 Antarean (already frozen 2) and 9 Sapphire (2 frozen also)

I bet there are lots of people who were grateful for the 2nd flood.

Currently, I have collected 8 Antarean (already frozen 2) and 9 Sapphire (2 frozen also)

I think I am going to be freezing a pair of Sapphires, they look adorable as S2 Hatchies but I am going to freeze a pair of offsprings not CB biggrin.gif

Edited by Paige201208

I have a THEORY ! Which is all mine and totally unscientific but when I think Heralds....

I think TJ set up the first flood, and waited for the Drama when it dried up. I think this was all set up deliberately to make sure EVERYONE had heard there were new eggs and was ready to go when he unleashed the second flood.

Whyever - it's been great. I did catch some good stuff after the first so shall have to wait (stares at Astrapi) for my last sapphire, but other than that - I have what I need smile.gif Thanks TJ - and thanks, spriters, for these beautiful dragons.

user posted image

COLORS~

If no one hordes these, I'm doing it myself. One way or another, this is going to happen, even if I have to beat down the ratios with a stick.

EDIT: @Nightwalkerkey: New releases initially are impossible to breed and get anything but themselves. If you want a prizekin, it should be pretty easy though ^^

so pretty *o*

Thank you for the second flood. Much appreciated.

I shall remain very wary about future drops!

I have a THEORY ! Which is all mine and totally unscientific but when I think Heralds....

I think TJ set up the first flood, and waited for the Drama when it dried up. I think this was all set up deliberately to make sure EVERYONE had heard there were new eggs and was ready to go when he unleashed the second flood.

Whyever - it's been great. I did catch some good stuff after the first so shall have to wait (stares at Astrapi) for my last sapphire, but other than that - I have what I need smile.gif Thanks TJ - and thanks, spriters, for these beautiful dragons.

Or the simpler explanation was that the first scarcity was a glitch. I seem to remember something similar happening on another release, where they dried up very quickly, but TJ stated at that point it was a glitch and they started dropping like the commons they were. Only this time since the glitch lasted a while they need to catch up, so mini-flood!

user posted image

COLORS~

If no one hordes these, I'm doing it myself. One way or another, this is going to happen, even if I have to beat down the ratios with a stick.

EDIT: @Nightwalkerkey: New releases initially are impossible to breed and get anything but themselves. If you want a prizekin, it should be pretty easy though ^^

Welp I know at least one I'm doing and hoarding for myself.

I'm really glad to see a 2nd flood. Just warned my daughter to go catch her fill. smile.gif

Or the simpler explanation was that the first scarcity was a glitch. I seem to remember something similar happening on another release, where they dried up very quickly, but TJ stated at that point it was a glitch and they started dropping like the commons they were. Only this time since the glitch lasted a while they need to catch up, so mini-flood!

Given that at the *same time* that the "Almandines were glitched" thread was moved mysteriously to Suggestions by Parties Unknown was when the Sapphires and Antareans suddenly started dropping....

I'm guessing and had already guessed that this is the explanation, that they were glitched. TJ checked something, saw something wasn't right, and fixed it. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

Thank you for the second flood! Picked up a second pair of Antareans (and a misclick), so now with two pair of each total, I'm going to stop. So happy though! Love both of the new dragons.

I want dozens xd.png I now have two pair of each, I just need to think out what breeding plans I should make. I wonder what Dustbutts look like with Mutamores... :/

I've managed to get a second set of these! I'm PUMPED since they're so very very very nice and beautimous!! Waytago artists, et al and TJ da bossman! Thank you lots and bunches even!

I wonder where the name for the antareans came from. What was the inspiration for the name?

It's the name of a glowing alien species from an old movie, which is rather in fitting with their lore... xd.png

Whyever - it's been great. I did catch some good stuff after the first so shall have to wait (stares at Astrapi)  for my last sapphire, but other than that - I have what I need smile.gif Thanks TJ  - and thanks, spriters, for these beautiful dragons.

That sounds a tiny bit convoluted considering the goal is minimal (for the effort involved). Then again it is an ingenius way to create drama and tension among users, but then completely eliminate it immediately at the press of a few buttons.

Antarean dragons used to have a little star around them, so the name may have been influenced by Antares which is a particularly bright star. I was sure antarea was a real dictionary word but maybe I imagined that.

Edited by Ashywolf

Well, thanks to the second flood and some generous friends I am now up to 4 of each of these lovelies. I will be seeking more when some of the rest of my eggs hatch. I need at least twice what I have now just to meet my basic scroll goals.

Oooh, a second flood! Hopefully that means people who missed them the first time get a second go at them smile.gif