TJ09

2016-03-20 - March Dragon Release

Cought two more influnced the Sapphire one to be female hope the other Antarean genders female as well. They are easy to catch if you click on them as soon as you see them. wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Well, since I'll have better luck catching in a flood than trading, off go 4gen prizes to the ap! Hope people like em, whoever grabs them up. I got my four total sapphires, working on the antareans now!

Also, just thought of something... In the week after they grow up, do new releases generally breed better to prizes, since there aren't as many and ratios haven't worked themselves out yet? Wondering if they'll be uncommon enough to produce shiny eggs earlier or later...

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

GET READY FOR THE INFODUMP EVERYONE. \o/

Sooo the Antareans were technically in development for several years, and went through 3 stages. Here's the first one, and my first attempt at spriting, back in 2010!

Link to image, together with descriptions. This was in 2010 so my English wasn't that good.

A few years later I decided to revisit them, this time officially, on the forums. With the help of Ashywolf and (i think?) Verridith, some progress on them has been made but then I disappeared off the face of the internet for like a year. Anyway, here's the art from that era:

A shaded sketch.

A shaded bust.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

Then there was a phase when I tried to do some sketches and reference pictures, here's some of them:

A reference pic.

An adult sketch. Wings were made with the help of people in #arts.

A hatchling sketch or something.

New adult sketch that ended up being used.

Anyway, old sprites from the last era, here we go! Here's the initial version of the female.

user posted image

The tails of the adults both went through some significant changes.

There was a suggestion to make their manes yellow, but I didn't like it much.

user posted image

And here go the old hatchlings!

Aaaaand lastly, here's some fun art I made.

A coloured bust.

An unfinished 3D sculpture.

A coloured version of one of the sketches.

An Irestion alien snuggling an Antarean.

And a recent sketch.

Oh and by the way, here's the colour inspiration for these guys.

That's all I think. Enjoy this infodump o/

(Also, I had a dream about my Antareans, they were cat-sized, lived in water and glowed when you touched them. I got to hold one. It was amazing. <3)

I am in love with these dragons. Of course, I am a sucker for the feather-winged breeds. I may have to breed some with whites, just because. Thanks for such a beautiful dragon!

If you're having trouble, the o'clock flood lasts much longer than the 5 minute drops too. I saw about a half dozen non-new ones go by, but otherwise there was quite a flood of new ones, blue and dust-butts, in the desert at the top of the hour.

I've been watching the biomes and I would suggest, if you are looking for Sapphires, that you should hunt in the Volcano. Right now, there are 64 users in the Desert, only 9 in the Volcano.

Yesterday Gir's owner asked me to get her hatchies, she was offering a 2G tinsel for them

I emailed a few people with hatchies for trade, not one accepted the trade

Today I traded a 3G of mine for her hatchies

goes ot show how the floods make egg values go less crazy

laugh.gif

Thank you Tj for allowing another flood, I managed to get 2 of each new dragon and I'll gift the extras I managed to grab. Very happy. laugh.gif

Or, considering that TJ seems to have a mischievous sense of humor, maybe he thought "do you really want a flood? what about one that will drown you?"

Pokemon night and carrot cave were clearly jokes that did not affect any real state of the cave. Even DinoCave, announced on April Fools was a fairly clear joke and didn't affect the state of the cave. A flood of eggs is not clearly a joke nor is it completely harmless regarding the state of the cave. I 100% do not see this as something he would do as a joke.

Well night everyone i do hope that who ever could not catch these beauties can now and i will see everyone tomorrow have a great day or night see ya. biggrin.gif

I wonder how long this flood will last? O.o I have an cannot-dump egg that hatches in 13 hours. o-o I hope I can still catch a Sapphire then. oxo;; I need one to complete my two breeding pairs... after that, I can then worry about collecting as many Sapphires as I have eggslots.

Well, since I'll have better luck catching in a flood than trading, off go 4gen prizes to the ap! Hope people like em, whoever grabs them up. I got my four total sapphires, working on the antareans now!

Also, just thought of something... In the week after they grow up, do new releases generally breed better to prizes, since there aren't as many and ratios haven't worked themselves out yet? Wondering if they'll be uncommon enough to produce shiny eggs earlier or later...

You'll probably get a lot of 2nd gen Antareans and Sapphires if that's what you're wondering.

Has there been an explanation for why we're getting re-flooded with the new releases again yet? Pleased, but also confused. Is this the norm now?? I haven't been around for new releases in years and things have changed a lot.

I'm happy, I was able to get two from the Desert at the top of the hour. I hope everyone else has luck catching what they need.

Love the DustButts! The adults are gorgeous!

Not crazy about the pose on the Sapphires, though- it looks really unnatural and awkward to me. Probably won't collect them, as pretty as the colors and design are :<

I'm so glad there are more dropping, I hadn't seen any of the new eggs at all until now! Now I have two of the desert ones and three of the sapphire, and an ice egg that I clicked on by sheer force of habit, lol! Thanks to everyone involved smile.gif

So glad for the second flood. I was finally able to pick up the last Sapphire I need for scroll completion. Thanks so much, TJ!

why is it why im at work they flood *grumble* at least i can see them in the cave which means i can catch them so thank you for that!

ah just one more dustbutt and im done for the night i think

Edited by renlacarne

user posted image

COLORS~

If no one hordes these, I'm doing it myself. One way or another, this is going to happen, even if I have to beat down the ratios with a stick.

EDIT: @Nightwalkerkey: New releases initially are impossible to breed and get anything but themselves. If you want a prizekin, it should be pretty easy though ^^

Edited by The_Bucket

user posted image

COLORS~

If no one hordes these, I'm doing it myself. One way or another, this is going to happen, even if I have to beat down the ratios with a stick.

EDIT: @Nightwalkerkey: New releases initially are impossible to breed and get anything but themselves. If you want a prizekin, it should be pretty easy though ^^

That pairing looks quite nice ^^ The checker will be nice, whenever the breeding ratios get better x]

user posted image

COLORS~

That looks beautiful together! I must find a way to trade for that pairing! biggrin.gif