TJ09

2016-03-20 - March Dragon Release

Does anyone know the rarity of these dragons yet? I think that both Sapphire and Antarean are "rare." Although Sapphire could make sense as an Uncommon too...

Kudos to TJ for organizing the 2nd flood, thank you!

@Sword of Stars: I believe the artist said she'd conceived them as uncommon (like Trios) but wasn't sure if TJ had programmed them that way yet. Haven't heard about the rarity of the Sapphires.

There are too MANY new Releases? After all the anguish so many people had about being unable to get any?? blink.gif

There are too MANY new Releases? After all the anguish so many people had about being unable to get any??  blink.gif

There can never be too many. laugh.gif

I know I'll be tossing 2nd gens into the departure thread when mine grow up in about 7 hours or so.

Edited by Jazeki

I fell in love with the Antarean Dragons (the ones from the desert). wub.gif

Have to hunt more in the desert biome in the future. biggrin.gif

The Sapphire Dragons are also beautiful but my first reaction was not jaw dropping and gasping.^^

Thank you spriters and the ones making the concepts and as usual all the staff keeping Dragon Cave running!

I KNEW I RECOGNIZED THE ANTAREAN EGG!

I'd been stalking that one for forever. This is actually the first time I've seen a release before it came out -sweats nervously because I used to be a longtime DR person- and I'm just so delighted to see it out. So beautiful, honestly. And the Sapphire dragon, wow. I love the contrast colors and I'm excited to test it out for lineages!

3 antareans and 4 sapphires

or 4 antareans and 3 sapphires

hardest decision ever.

@Sword of Stars: I believe the artist said she'd conceived them as uncommon (like Trios) but wasn't sure if TJ had programmed them that way yet. Haven't heard about the rarity of the Sapphires.

There are too MANY new Releases? After all the anguish so many people had about being unable to get any?? blink.gif

You could give people a gold brick and they'd complain it was too heavy... rolleyes.gif

Wow, everyone was so busy raiding Desert that I nabbed a Paper without a fight in Alpine xd.png And right after I clicked it, an Ice egg appeared. I was shocked that I reloaded the page about 5 times and nobody bit.

All in all, a good release for me :3

3 antareans and 4 sapphires

or 4 antareans and 3 sapphires

hardest decision ever.

That is what Eeny Meeny is for.

That is what Eeny Meeny is for.

No, that's why we need that 8th egg slot! laugh.gif

Oh, if only. I would be so very happy

lol! too true. Maybe that will be an anniversary thing. We'll find out somewhat soon smile.gif

I managed to lock myself with two more Dustbutts and two misclicks. I'm loving these!

Wow, I was surprised to see them still dropping so heavily! I'm completely in love with the Antreans, so I'm snagging more of those eggs smile.gif Officially locked until it likely stops raining new eggs....

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

I genuinely can't decide which I like more. The teal on the Sapphire is one of my favorite colors, especially when it's all metallic like that, and the design of the Antarean is just fantastic, though I'm not a fan of orange usually.

There are too MANY new Releases? After all the anguish so many people had about being unable to get any??  blink.gif

I don't like how they extend the flood for a bit just because the community wants it... I don't know, I spend most of my time on a Minecraft server forum, the community there is just nuts. I used to think it was normal but now I realize how horrible it actually is... xd.png. There was this incident a few months ago about a rank that everyone was flipping out over and the owners were being super secretive and there were flame wars everywhere. Now that I think about it these new releases are very similar to new ranks or gameplay on the minecraft server. Everyone wanted the mysterious new rank in the shop, but it took a month of hype building to the breaking point for them to put it in the chest system. It was totally a marketing scheme looking back on it. But here, everyone is like "oh I didn't get an egg" and TJ is like "no prob here have a ton more." From what we've seen so far, these eggs are supposed to be rather rare, and giving everyone extra flood time upsets that. In a game where getting certain dragons is ridiculously hard, bending the rules for new releases seems almost game-breaking.

My opinion is probs partially misinformed considering I joined a year ago, quit two weeks later, and then rejoined in early February. So... yeah (happy.gif);

But here, everyone is like "oh I didn't get an egg" and TJ is like "no prob here have a ton more." From what we've seen so far, these eggs are supposed to be rather rare, and giving everyone extra flood time upsets that. In a game where getting certain dragons is ridiculously hard, bending the rules for new releases seems almost game-breaking.

You're assuming that TJ reacted to drama by enabling a 2nd flood. We do not know that. Maybe he just corrected a glitch. You're also assuming that the eggs are supposed to be rare. We do not know that either. So far one of the spriters said that her sprites were supposed to be uncommon but she did not know what TJ had decided. Long story short, we know nothing about the rarity of the new releases. Myself, I'm betting a few cents on cave blockers blink.gif

I'm also betting Cave Blocker common. I was SO hopeful one of these would turn out to be a true rare, because that would mean I had finally gathered something I could breed for trades. I only have one true rare on my scroll, and my only net access is an iPhone 4s dinosaur....so trading is about my only means of getting some of the breeds.

However, this is the most sure fire way of pleasing the majority. Everyone will have the pairs they need smile.gif

I got my first adult. I cannot wait for the other hatchlings to grow up. Thanks to the spriters (Infinis, Shajana, NiramiTheRaven196) for these new dragons.

I am also surprised that it is still so easy to find them in the cave, but I will wait a couple of weeks before making my opinion about whether they are too common or not.

I'm so happy they're still flooding! biggrin.gif I managed to get the fourth Sapphire I need to complete my two breeding pairs! <3 Now I just need to wait another day for all 6 of my oranges to hatch before loading up with as many Sapphires as my heart desires! <3 I hope they're meant to be cave blocker commons! I LOVE THEM! <3 I shall collect them all. >X3

I'll get my first adults in another day with my three hatchling Sapphires. :3 Thanks TJ for the flood again SO MUCH THANK YOU! And thanks TJ and the spriters for the amazingly beautiful dragons! <3

~Indigo

I think it's unlikely they will become true cave blockers as a lot of people seem to really like them, especially the Antareans.

I must have beater internet than I thought...I just nabbed 2 antareans in a row o.o On a KINDLE...then again maybe everyone is locked? The desert number was under 10 other's hunting...