TJ09

2016-03-20 - March Dragon Release

Got an Antarean! The flood is great, can't wait to stock up!

Wow, the Sapphire ratios really got ramped up. I'm not sure if I like how the Desert got specifically flooded... but whatever. Stupid accidental Gray grab, I'm going to be locked for another two hours. Ah well, thank goodness I at least got ONE new release during the flood. A single Antarean... xd.png I hadn't even considered attempting a Sapphire back when the flood was going.

So happy! Egglocked again, but I finally have 2 of each! Just waiting for the elder two to gender so I can influence the younger two!

I dumped my Pebble egg and managed to catch another Dustbutt. Now I'm egg-locked with eggs I won't dump.

YAY two more Sapphires!! Now I have two solid pairs of each new breed. HAPPEH!!

Am I the only one that would love to see color variants of the Sapphire? Since sapphires do come in a wide array of colors, you know. A pink/purple variant would be stunning, or a lime green/yellow. These guys are seriously lovely!

Green and blue are very similar colours, so everyone will see them differently through their eyes and also through monitors.

To me the adults are what I'd describe as turquoise, similar to but not green enough for teal. On the colour scale the shades in the sprite are hue shifted from pale green to cyan to blue to purplish-blue, so it doesn't really matter I suppose.

Random trivia: many languages, across many language families, don't distinguish between blue and green. There's just one term for the spectrum between the two, and they have to use extra adjectives to specify the shade of 'blue-green'. (Colors in language, and their weirdly synchronous order of appearance is just interesting reading, for anyone that has some time to kill.)

Regardless of the end result on rarity, I'm grateful for the second flood. This is the mixing of new and old I was expecting in the first place, and I'm happy to have a better chance at collecting the bases for new lineages. smile.gif

Am I the only one that would love to see color variants of the Sapphire? Since sapphires do come in a wide array of colors, you know. A pink/purple variant would be stunning, or a lime green/yellow

*Promptly imagining surprise color alts we'll discover by accident*

Am I the only one that would love to see color variants of the Sapphire? Since sapphires do come in a wide array of colors, you know. A pink/purple variant would be stunning, or a lime green/yellow. These guys are seriously lovely!

Great idea!

this flood has given me hope. i thought that i would never see a sapphire again

*Promptly imagining surprise color alts we'll discover by accident*

Omgosh I didn't even think of that O__O

When will these floods end? I'm afraid they will cause damage to the value of the dragons.

Hopefully not before the majority of users will have a fair chance at catching what they need for their scroll. Personally, I could not care less about the "value" of dragons.

I dislike new-release-only long floods but I've nothing against floods that still give a chance to hunt for something else.

Desert biome, you empty so quickly~

I'm glad there is flooding and I'm seeing the Sapphires more frequently in other biomes as well.

If you consider the fact that people are probably sitting at their computers, stalking the cave for 1, 2+ hours to get these eggs, what is being asked doesn't seem too unreasonable.

A trade "price" is never unreasonable if there are people willing to "pay" it. smile.gif

Hatchlings are always more sought after than eggs (at least in my experience), so if they're fair trades I'd hold onto them. The "price" of the eggs could drop by the time they're hatched.

I will try this and was there anouther flood? Should have guessed when after i logged out hope they are still dropping like they did after i left lol. Thank you TJ for having anouther flood that was very awesome of you. biggrin.gif Sweet i grabed anouther orange yes now for two blue yes yes yes thank you soo much TJ thank you thank you thank you. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Laryal

YAY for some FLOOD especially of the Desert biome for the oranges! biggrin.gif Once I've loaded up on that, I'll stalk the others for blues. *w*~ YAY thank you great and mighty TJ09! *bows*

I just need to nab some oranges then that someone else hasn't already gotten <.< nrrr *polishes up clicking skills*

Everyones speaking of "Floods" but every fifth minute that comes, the eggs are already gone by refresh. I'm also noticing 30 users come at once to the page or so as the minute draws, kinda hoping people get over the eggs quickly. I'll probally only manage the second people begin to move on. xd.png Be that... Person who picks up the scraps after the party.

Edited by AveryCF

Everyones speaking of "Floods" but every fifth minute that comes, the eggs are already gone by refresh. I'm also noticing 30 users come at once to the page or so as the minute draws, kinda hoping people get over the eggs quickly. I'll probally only manage the second people begin to move on. xd.png Be that... Person who picks up the scraps after the party.

I share your pain. :/ Hey fast-clickers! Leave some scraps for us little people here! D: I've been stalking the 5 min releases but STILL too slow to click! Keep getting messages that someone else took it. -p-

I share your pain. :/ Hey fast-clickers! Leave some scraps for us little people here! D: I've been stalking the 5 min releases but STILL too slow to click! Keep getting messages that someone else took it. -p-

I just got one of the blue stone ones, what I suggest is stalking the other biomes besides desert (perhaps finding one with few users looking at it as well) and getting those before the desert ones. While about 60 users were trying to snag the eggs in the desert, volcano only had 13 users and at once I got the blue egg. So I guess, if you have none at all- it's a start? ;3; Good luck in your hunting. Hopefully we'll get some lucky scraps before they stop being CB. x'D

About the name talk, they're quite shiny and rich in color, like a cut gemstone. So even if the color isn't quite typical of a common sapphire (they're a bright teal for me too), they very much remind me of jewels. I think it's quite fitting in that way. But then again, something like "jewel dragon" would have worked too.

Oh my i cought two pairs i just do not know how to thank TJ for this extra flood of eggs. Influneced them to be male and female.So now they are fogged till later.Do not want these little ones to get to many views so soon. biggrin.gif

The flood was such a nice surprise <3 Unfortunately I misclicked a non-new release Dx

OMG YES BABY I got me egglocked with Anatereans! >XD Once these guys hatch I can get me some more Sapphires. >X3 WHOOT! I got like one at the hour mark, one before then, and all the rest came from carefully and quickly clicking at the 10:05 mark. ouo YEEEHAH >XD

I hope you all get to get your eggs now that I'm withdrawing from the clicking race for now! biggrin.gif <3 GOOD LUCK you can do it!!!! <3

When my 7th egg hatches then I'll go in for another Sapphire to round out my current three hatchlings. >u>~ At least I'm TOTALLY SET on the Anatereans for now. xd.png Don't need any more! Just want as much as I can get of the Sapphires now. >U>~ Yes.

Thanks TJ and the spriters you are awesome! biggrin.gif

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram

user posted image

As Infinis already posted there are many lovely sapphire colors , not only the blue one. They can stand on their hind legs and walk, but only short distances. They have feathers on their head, the Sapphire Dragon is singing in the sprite pose, just like it is written in the description. They have beautiful voices similar to birds.

I'm glad you like the Sapphire Dragon. smile.gif

@Shajana these dragons are seriously awesome. Curious if the silverish line on its side is a nod to asterism? The more I look at these pretty little babies the more I love them <3