TJ09

2016-03-20 - March Dragon Release

Ohhh~

The adults are pretty.

I knew I knew the Antareans! Not Infinis' work though. My mistake.

And the Sapphires are pretty! Much like!

Both of the adults are very pretty! Although probably nothing I will try to hoard -- especially if they are so hard to get. Thanks very much Infinis, Shajana, and Nirami. And Bossman, of course. wink.gif

The info on the way the Antareans evolved is very interesting. Thanks for sharing that, Nirami.

People where talking early about if annoying people will start popping up asking too much for new releases like people do every release. So this it what they are referring to. So you are goodxD

This attitude annoys me. Who decides what is too much? And why is it only 'annoying' people who ask 'too much'? I mean, seriously, how dare anyone try to get something they might not have, by offering something they do have, right?

There is always going to be greed on games like this. But not everyone asking a high price is greedy. If I had a spare pair, you bet I'd be asking for cb metallics.

The Sapphire dragon is quite interesting, more because it's not made of entirely that deep blue (do real sapphires really look more green-blue?).

Blue, blue-green, green...they can, yes. :D

Sapphire colors!

---

The thing I like most about the antareans is feathered wings. DC has so few feather-winged breeds. <3

Blue, blue-green, green...they can, yes. biggrin.gif

Sapphire colors!

---

The thing I like most about the antareans is feathered wings. DC has so few feather-winged breeds. <3

So, when there's multiple artists during a release, the artist only knows their own sprite, right? The other is still a surprise to you? x)

Are these guys really going for cb golds and silvers??

I find that a bit much, considering Xenos when they were first released they were just as elusive as this, but now I see them literally all the time...

I really hope I can get more Antareans...

My brother has an extra pair he might give me though wub.gif

I really want to love the antareans. The design is beautiful. Just...their sprite looks so weird checkered with anything else I've tried. I think it is because they are so narrow in the lineage view yet show the whole body. The sprite itself is gorgeous. I was really hoping they would look good with bronze tinsel males, but they don't. sad.gif Most of the things that look really good with bronze tinsels are caveblocker commons.

I guess I'll keep trying to see if there is anything I like a checker with. Otherwise they will probably just be pretty decorations on my scroll. They aren't TERRIBLE with cassare, but not awesome enough to start a checker. Falconiform isn't too bad... But so much detail is lost in the antarean view that it doesn't pop like the falcs do. Fevers look too 3D compared to them. Fleshcrownes are the only checker so far I would really consider doing. I REALLY want to love them. I will have to follow the inevitable breeding plans thread to see if anything strikes my fancy.

Blue, blue-green, green...they can, yes. biggrin.gif

Sapphire colors!

---

Yes indeedy!

That little touch of purple on them is really growing on me too. They make lovely sunset dragons.

The last year or so of dragon releases has been pretty amazing. Just when you think you've seen the prettiest thing ever, the artist say, nu, check this out!

/love the stripe down the sapphire <3

We seem to be getting more multi colored dragons. A bit harder to match with mates than monochromes but reaaallly nice sprites.

@Nirami Thank you for all that info! You put so much time and effort into this <3

user posted image

hee, i knew it. Very happy theyre incave now, grats nirami~

Now if only i could find/catch some :\

Well been on since 9 am till now will try again later to find these awesome eggs. Since everyone is wanting rares and things like that to trade for these guys i will be abandoning my trade eggs after while as well. At lest i found one antarean i am grateful for that.See you all and i hope those who are still hunting find them. biggrin.gif

If you consider the fact that people are probably sitting at their computers, stalking the cave for 1, 2+ hours to get these eggs, what is being asked doesn't seem too unreasonable.

A trade "price" is never unreasonable if there are people willing to "pay" it. smile.gif

Well been on since 9 am till now will try again later to find these awesome eggs. Since everyone is wanting rares and things like that to trade for these guys i will be abandoning my trade eggs after while as well. At lest i found one antarean i am grateful for that.See you all and i hope those who are still hunting find them. biggrin.gif

Hatchlings are always more sought after than eggs (at least in my experience), so if they're fair trades I'd hold onto them. The "price" of the eggs could drop by the time they're hatched.

Edited by Khymarea

Do Antareans make anyone else think of the game "Journey"? ;w;

I hadn't thought it, but the colour scheme does indeed remind me of Journey now that you mention it. ohmy.gif

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

(not even kidding that is just the sound I made and scared my cat tongue.gif )

I just caught another Antarean!! laugh.gif

Edited by Clya

GET READY FOR THE INFODUMP EVERYONE. \o/

Sooo the Antareans were technically in development for several years, and went through 3 stages. Here's the first one, and my first attempt at spriting, back in 2010!

Link to image, together with descriptions. This was in 2010 so my English wasn't that good.

A few years later I decided to revisit them, this time officially, on the forums. With the help of Ashywolf and (i think?) Verridith, some progress on them has been made but then I disappeared off the face of the internet for like a year. Anyway, here's the art from that era:

A shaded sketch.

A shaded bust.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

Then there was a phase when I tried to do some sketches and reference pictures, here's some of them:

A reference pic.

An adult sketch. Wings were made with the help of people in #arts.

A hatchling sketch or something.

New adult sketch that ended up being used.

Anyway, old sprites from the last era, here we go! Here's the initial version of the female.

user posted image

The tails of the adults both went through some significant changes.

There was a suggestion to make their manes yellow, but I didn't like it much.

user posted image

And here go the old hatchlings!

Aaaaand lastly, here's some fun art I made.

A coloured bust.

An unfinished 3D sculpture.

A coloured version of one of the sketches.

An Irestion alien snuggling an Antarean.

And a recent sketch.

Oh and by the way, here's the colour inspiration for these guys.

That's all I think. Enjoy this infodump o/

(Also, I had a dream about my Antareans, they were cat-sized, lived in water and glowed when you touched them. I got to hold one. It was amazing. <3)

Thank you for sharing their history - it's fascinating to see how their design evolved smile.gif I think you're right about the yellow manes. It was a neat idea but maybe too distracting. They are better as you made them.

They turned out gorgeous! I especially love their wings.

Here's hoping a couple eggs will roll under my cursor soon xd.png

Squeee!!!! The adults are G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! Once the drops stabilize, if the Antareans are uncommon like Nirami said she intended them to be, I think I may have found my first army collection <3

Seriously loving on all the stellar themed dragons. Needz Moar!!!

Well... I stalked the Desert biome for the best part of an hour (need to head for bed now, I have to get up early... >.>) and no new eggs at all. Not even during the full hour drop.

*sigh*

Well, maybe things will even out in a few days...

Unfortunately I expect the Antareans will be user driven rares for quite some time.

Edited by Andygal

God, I've never been so glad to catch a normal release. Once my babies grow up I'm definitely gonna try to hand out as many 2nd gens if they don't level out!! Gonna go stalk the cave for Almandines ^^