TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

It would become you if you think for a moment about how good you have it as an American, since Dragon Cave is an American website that operates on the EDT time zone. The times of virtually all of the egg releases thus far have been really convenient for Americans (except perhaps this one and the one before that), whereas people in other parts of the world have to get up in the middle of the night in order to be able to catch a release on time. I, for example, have to stay up until 6 AM in the morning in my time zone when releases are at midnight EDT - not that I'm complaining, because new releases are worth that to me. So, with that in mind, I personally think it is a little bit out of line of you to be this angry after only the second middle-of-the-night release for the EDT time zone. Be grateful for what you have and spare a moment to think about the others that have it much worse than you do and who have been in that situation for years already (instead of just 1-2 months like you are now).

Just because someone is on the same timezone as DC doesn't mean they have it easy. I almost never get to see the first drops on a new release and I'm on the same zone. This drop was better for me I think. It hadn't been dropping for as long because of the later start. I'm not complaining about it, I just see people saying that others on the same timezone are at an advantage but they really aren't. Not unless they stay up late. I was able to grab my eggs this morning when I got up, so now I'm out. Curious to see when the next color drops.

Yay, another one matured! TBH I'm not a fan of the eggs or the S1 hatchie but the S2 is pretty nice.

Thank you a bunch, LadyLyzar! These babies look absolutely wonderful, I can't wait to see the adults! ..... And now the waiting happens.

I don't know much about moon phases but I'm learning more through this thread! I hope to see the other phases sooner rather then later.

Going to wait until the hatchlings adult before i decide fully on whether or not I do or do not like these dragons.

Thanks, TJ! And I'm not sure who sprited these, but they look beautiful! smile.gif

How will the colors work? I'm guessing like Seasonals, where you have to catch them during their appropriate seasons?

Looks like an interesting release. Thanks TJ and the artists!

I agree with whoever pointed out that the color schemes look a lot like dayglories and nightglories. Since I've frequently been disappointed about the limited breeding capabilities of dayglories and nightglories, that is potentially a good thing for me...

I honestly don't get why it matters what time of day the drop starts. It goes on for hours anyway. I wasn't up at any 3 AM either, and I didn't "miss" the drop. Is there some benefit to being there the first hour of the drop? Just a more festive atmosphere in the chatroom or something?

QUOTE (BlindWolf @ Aug 29 2015, 03:56 PM)

Can you please stop releasing dragons at such ungodly hours? 2 or 3am isn't reasonable at all for the east coast, and it's not all that much better for the west. It's a horrible hour for everyone.

Actually, hon, that arguement doesn't quite wash. I am on Pacific Standard Time (PST), 3 hours BEHIND the East Coast. Midnight Cave time is 9pm for me....quite reasonable and easy.

I honestly don't get why it matters what time of day the drop starts. It goes on for hours anyway. I wasn't up at any 3 AM either, and I didn't "miss" the drop. Is there some benefit to being there the first hour of the drop? Just a more festive atmosphere in the chatroom or something?

It's pretty much just all the hype and excitement. We like to hunker down and stare at TJ's eggs waiting for them to hatch and mature.

QUOTE (BlindWolf @ Aug 29 2015, 03:56 PM)

Actually, hon, that arguement doesn't quite wash. I am on Pacific Standard Time (PST), 3 hours BEHIND the East Coast. Midnight Cave time is 9pm for me....quite reasonable and easy.

TJ released these bad boys at 3 am Cave Time, which is midnight for us PST-ers.

I happen to be just 12 hours earlier than in cave time. So whatever's convenient for me is terribly inconvenient for Western countries and vice versa tongue.gif

Still reasonable to me. I woke up at 2am, and was able to grab some easy. But yes, it goes on for hours and these are permanent so I don't really get the problem myself.

Your eggs will hatch before everyone else's.

The only reason why I like to be early xd.png

I like getting hatchies earlier so I can hunt quicker and get more babies.

I didn't know there was a new release until now, but even with the old eggs mixing in it took very little effort to get the seven I needed. Maybe ten minutes. I still wish the day and time was announced a head of time like it was before. I don't like to be surprised/caught off guard, but this is way it is now.

So these eggs follow the phases of the moon...ok. All least there is a way to tell what phase the moon is in, but there are two colors listed. I guess the top one is the one that's dropping if there are more than one listed... Nevermind. xd.png It was explained to me what those two are.

Anyways...the hatchlings are lovely. wub.gif

Edited by Allspice

TBH, odd timed releases aren't that much of an issue to me. Cause all the 'normal' releases are permanent, so as long as they're dropping, it's really not an issue.

We got cool new breed, my friend is trying to make me some Neglected's, AND I'm going shopping today with my mom

this day is looking to be really great biggrin.gif

I didn't know there was a new release until now, but even with the old eggs mixing in it took very little effort to get the seven I needed. Maybe ten minutes.

So these eggs follow the phases of the moon...ok. All least there is a way to tell what phase the moon is in, but there are two colors listed. I guess the top one is the one that's dropping if there are more than one listed?

Anyways...the hatchlings are lovely. wub.gif

Valkemare has two moons, that's why two are listed.

I knew I should've checked earlier today smile.gif

A great release, although slightly confusing. I'm looking forward to figuring it out, the moonphases thing. Right now there's two on that page we're linked to... a golden and a blue, but we can only catch golden eggs atm? So yeah, a little confused here smile.gif

But the hatchlings look wonderful and I can't wait to see them adult.

Thanks to TJ and the Spriters for all your hard work.

As ever stumbled on these - any help on where to find?

Found in the alpine, desert and volcano