TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Woke up this morning and saw the new eggies!! I'm so excited! I wonder what rarity they're going to turn out to be, haha. ^v^"

I'm gonna Incubate all of them because I'm impatient. xd.png

I just went lurking in the Desert to see just how fast the eggs are getting cleared out. 45 seconds of constant refreshing later, every last egg is gone. In all three biomes. ohmy.gif

gold - full moon to waning crescent

blue - waning crescent to new moon

brown - new moon to waxing crescent

silver - waxing crescent to full moon

But this doesn't take into account that Valkemare has two moons, which may not have the same length of phases.

So, right now they're both waning gibbous. We'll see how long it takes for one or both to change and what effect that has on which color we get.

Locked with 6 plus a Ridgewing misclick that I decided to bite (like, the second time I ever bit anything), which turned and stayed!

But this doesn't take into account that Valkemare has two moons, which may not have the same length of phases.

So, right now they're both waning gibbous. We'll see how long it takes for one or both to change and what effect that has on which color we get.

I'm starting to wonder if there will be blue moons after Noon until midnight.

I got 3, one from each biome! Now I'm locked darn it. I wish I had my silver trophy already so I could go get more but that's probably a long way from now

I really hope these don't become rare or anything, because I really like them so far

i don't THINK, this'll be too complicated astrologically, but what if the moons are on opposite sides of the planet? are they tidal locked? how fast does the planet rotate?

I'm confused. According to the link, both golden and blue moon are waning gibbous.

Presumably the other variations will be available during the other moon phases, so if he moon(s) have a similar phase length as the real moon, each variation will be available for a week or so. Since full moon / new moon and half moon are technically one day only, I suspect it'll be dependent on waning/waxing gibbous and waning/waxing crescent. So we'd only see the golden variation for a week or so.

Unless it works completely differently of course. Maybe the moon phases of DC world last only a few days each and the turn-over will be faster.

Well, this time I thankfully remembered in time to check for a new release biggrin.gif

I've got 5 of the golden ones. I'm still in doubt if I should fill up my slots with two more gold ones or wait and see until noon/midnight to see if the color changes......

I like all the colors. And yay for new metallics!

I hope I'll be able to catch the new color when it comes. I think I might be on a holiday then, without internet access...... Oh well, we'll see....

Happy Hunting!

Edited by Sheriziya

I dropped by the cave and snatched one up...I wonder if these guys will have gender dimorphism...makes it easier to know what to name them and who to influence (though I'm liking this one who has a code...unfortunately, I used that name for something else).

Both moons seem to be at the same point right now.... If one moon is significantly closer and thus would orbit our planet quicker, there would be a LOT more math involved to find out when these lovelies do their thing. I'm kinda hoping that they move around in conjunction with one another.

We already know that Valkemare orbits it's sun at the same speed Earth does (as the seasonals change at the same point the seasons change on earth) and it rotates at the same speed Earth does (as the nocturnes change day and night as (at least the east coast) of Earth does.

If the moons orbited at different rates, then their pull on Valkemare would speed up or slow down the daily orbit, making longer and shorter rotations.

Did I just science in the middle of a pixel collection game?

I think it's going to be very fun trying to figure out how to get other colors of this dragon. And we get to learn more about Valkemere in the process! :D

Both moons seem to be at the same point right now.... If one moon is significantly closer and thus would orbit our planet quicker, there would be a LOT more math involved to find out when these lovelies do their thing. I'm kinda hoping that they move around in conjunction with one another.

We already know that Valkemare orbits it's sun at the same speed Earth does (as the seasonals change at the same point the seasons change on earth) and it rotates at the same speed Earth does (as the nocturnes change day and night as (at least the east coast) of Earth does.

If the moons orbited at different rates, then their pull on Valkemare would speed up or slow down the daily orbit, making longer and shorter rotations.

Did I just science in the middle of a pixel collection game?

Yes you did,but that is OK. biggrin.gif

I'm still unsure myself how the second moon effects these. We will see.

About the difficulty of catching these eggs: I live in North America -- in Western Canada to be precise. I caught 5 eggs in different biomes last night, in the five minute drops. This was before I knew about the moon phase thing. I got up this morning and caught 2 more. All my eggs are gold, because it seems the colour switched back to gold after having been silver or something.

No silvers yet. No one has gotten any but the gold. smile.gif

Saaame. Otherwise it's going to be weird in the future when a person's hunting for these eggs.

Well the old eggs are already mixing in cause I had a mis-click already

But I am eggsited about a new release lol and stressed already about catching all the different eggs

Coast, Forest and Jungle are dropping regular eggs now. :/

The new release only has three biomes, Alpine, Desert and Volcano. I believe the other biomes have been dropping regular eggs for a while now.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

The new release only has three biomes, Alpine, Desert and Volcano.

That's what I meant. Starting out, the other three biomes were just sitting empty.

That's what I meant. Starting out, the other three biomes were just sitting empty.

They were? Hm, they were always full when I looked, and I caught the release 3 hours late.

It was a midnight drop locally, but I was working on something else and missed it until this morning. I've managed to pick up three eggs, as the ones I had set to be clear within the next of hours have been hatching. The time of day doesn't really make a big difference to me, as long as it's on the weekend. smile.gif

I suspect we will see the eggs change color for a week at a time, co-responding to the phase of the moon. Next week, they will drop a different color, the week after that, the third color, and ending the lunar cycle with the fourth color. Maybe?

Edited by dragongrrl

Best I can tell, ALL the biomes are dropping regular eggs... totally uncool in my opinion.. not even 12 hrs of new eggs only.

No matter tho, until we have more info to go on, I've got 6 new eggs.. 2 from each biome, each biome pair Influenced male/female.

The other colors will be found eventually, and we'll just have to hope they're commons. I have to admit tho, these 'new' types of dragons and all the unknowns irritate me. If I wanted to RP, I'd RP.. but I do NOT want to RP.. I just want to collect pixel dragons with no muss and no fuss. I get enough challenge from my breeding projects.. I don't need more.

Coast, Forest and Jungle are dropping regular eggs now. :/

Not on every drop though, some still go empty. Anyway, it's a good opportunity to nab some good stuff if you're not too determined to fill up every eggslot with the new release! I got myself my first spessartine! And a xeno from coast. And four of the new release, which should be enough until the next variation comes around biggrin.gif