TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Please look through the thread, what colors you get depends on the phase of the moon.

Yeah I just thought to check. Not awake at the moment lol.

Wait, so Valkemere's moons change phases nightly?

I am assuming that the moon phases change nightly. It could very well be that they do not change nightly, but over a course of a couple to several days here on Valkemere, which I hope is not the case.

And, these guys were released at night along with the new "Time" page.

The time page came out a while ago, but it seems that no one (including me) paid any attention so no one knows how the moon phases work (and now I'm hoping someone will post and tell me I'm wrong and they DID pay attention biggrin.gif ).

Edited by dustpuppy

Since they are influenceable (is that a word!? spellcheck doesn't think so!) I think they are almost certain to be both genders. Holidays and genderless dragons cannot be influenced as eggs -- the option is just not there.

Oh whew you're so right ! THANK you - I love you !

The time page came out a while ago, but it seems that no one (including me) paid any attention so no one knows how the moon phases work (and now I'm hoping someone will post and tell me I'm wrong and they DID pay attention biggrin.gif ).

Wait, really? That means we could have had a solid theory already! Was anyone tracking the moon phases beforehand? Please, speak up!

Edited by Shokomon

You'd think so. But I had a ghastly thought. Maybe - they are ALL MALE ???  because all the S2s so far are male...

ARRGGHH sad.gif Make it NOT SO !

No worries; they can be influenced, so they can gender either way.

Edit: ...yeeeeeeeah I am too slow by several minutes.

Edited by pinkgothic

Wait, really? That means we could have had a solid theory already! Was anyont tracking the moon phases beforehand? Please, speak up!

I'd like to know, too. If we have a good idea of how the moon phases work then it might be easier to figure out when we could get the other colors.

OMG those hatchies are so beautiful! Great job, LadyLyzar!

Thank you TJ too, of course laugh.gif

Edited by Naughtrish

The descriptions sounds like the colors vary by the phases of Valkemare's moons - the lunar equivalent of seasonals. Right now only the gold eggs are dropping. If Valkemare's lunar cycle is anything like Earth's, then each color will be available for roughly a week.

This sounds awesome!

Yay! And I have one gold from each biome: Alpine, Desert, Volcano.

Thanks TJ! laugh.gif

Ohhhh - I love these hatchies! I hope that they will change weekly like the Earth's lunar phases and that they'll be fairly easy to grab. I have tons of ideas for them already! I love the rainbow wings - absolutely beautiful.

The 3am drop time is difficult for those of us that love sleep - but I prefer the night-time drops to mid-day so I wont complain lol. Having kids and their sports etc, days are devoted to them so I am very glad that we've rotated back to night-time drops, at least for a while.

So long as these stay as easy to get - I'm going to be a happy hoarder! smile.gif

Finally a pair from each biome for now.

Hopefully the other phases will be easy to catch/breed/figure out

Okay, I just woke up. What's the update on these little cuties everyone?

Okay, now I can see the s2 silver sometimes. I'm still wondering what the blue phase looks like. sad.gif

Edit: normally I really want dimorphism, but with 4 colors I think I'm okay without. Just this once.

Edited by Gryphonic

2nd hatchi is female so mayby the adults will differ from each other.

Nah, if there's dimorphism there will be 3 or 4 eggs for each color.

K, the gold mature hatchies are stunning. They look more like golden trinkets or statuettes than dragons. The kind of thing you'd find in El Dorado, lol.

I hope there's dimorphism! It's fun biggrin.gif

Four eggs = dimorphism at s2 and adult

Three eggs = adult dimorphism

Two eggs = no dimorphism.

My favorites have got to be the blue ones, honestly. But they're all beautiful. I'm imagining how nice a blue x silver PB checker of these would be~ biggrin.gif

That blue though <3

Yes! It's so beautiful wub.gif

From the minute I saw the wings I knew I was in love. I mean, really the hatchlings and eggs too, but I had to wait to see if the best possible thing was really happening xd.png