TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Both moons seem to be at the same point right now.... If one moon is significantly closer and thus would orbit our planet quicker, there would be a LOT more math involved to find out when these lovelies do their thing. I'm kinda hoping that they move around in conjunction with one another.

We already know that Valkemare orbits it's sun at the same speed Earth does (as the seasonals change at the same point the seasons change on earth) and it rotates at the same speed Earth does (as the nocturnes change day and night as (at least the east coast) of Earth does.

If the moons orbited at different rates, then their pull on Valkemare would speed up or slow down the daily orbit, making longer and shorter rotations.

Did I just science in the middle of a pixel collection game?

But seasonals and nocturnes were implemented before world building so may not follow exactly. Because TJ isn't going to change them just because there's new lore.

and sciencing in the middle of pixel games can be a lot of fun. smile.gif

And you know what's amazing about this? If it floods the entire month, it's just in time for the Mid-autumn festival in September. Ahaha, it's a festival that's about spending time with family and admiring the moon. A perfect match biggrin.gif

Since it seems these are effected by the moon I wonder if it would be safe to just have four in case the moon changes, since biomes don't seem to play into these guys.

I wonder if the moons go through cycles every 12 hours in dc or not hm....

Locked myself easily, although I misclicked and have to wait 5 hours to abandon a couple commons. Oh well. Got 4 of the new ones. I'm very, very curious to see how/when these guys change into the other eggs.

I had a feeling a new release would be coming out this weekend. Hatchies look beautiful! smile.gif

I just saw a Silver mixed in with all these new eggs. Sadly I didn't get it xd.png

Maaaan, the AP is down to 3 days and 3 hours. O.o

Edit: back up to 3 days and 14 hours

Edited by Capella

Yay, new release!! ^-^ Thank you spriter(s) and TJ!

Even coming in about 11 hours late to the party, I caught six within just under an hour of hunting. :) Would've had seven but I mis-clicked a Brimstone and Bit it hoping for a repulse but it died. :(

I wonder if bred eggs will follow the phases of the moon too - so if you bred two golds you could get any of the four colors, depending on when you bred them?

umm..gotta ask ...'

since I got only 5 golden eggs and in the first four there are four colors (Gold,Bronze,Blue and Silver)

how many colors are there exactly?

If there are four do they drop at specific time frame?

I love the rainbow wings! Really looking forward to the phase 2 hatchlings of the other colour variations biggrin.gif

Oh god those wings. It's like the inside of a seashell. They are so beautiful!!

I wonder if bred eggs will follow the phases of the moon too - so if you bred two golds you could get any of the four colors, depending on when you bred them?

That's what I'm hoping for! It'll create really beautiful lineages, and it won't require an agonizingly long time to make like season lineages do.

Just got the 4th, from the Desert, so I have 2 from the Desert, and 1 each from the Alpine and the Volcano. My next pair of egg hatch in about 5 hours, and the 7th slot is taken by a pretty gift someone sent me, so I'll be back later.

Wings? What wings? *goes to look* Omg I love those wings! Beautiful.

I'm *hoping* the change in eggs/sprites extends to bred eggs, 'cause I really don't like biome-hunting very much.

Oh, I love the rainbow wings! I wonder if they'll all have rainbow wings smile.gif

Just caught my last three golden eggs. I decided to egg lock my scroll with them. Here's to hoping we'll have at least three/four days until there's a new moon phase here and that's when we'll get a new color. That would be great!

I need one more from the Alpine & I'll be set for now. Gotta wait till tomorrow though.

But isn't the moon phase TJ's referring to the Valkemere moons rather than our own? So the phase of OUR moon would make no difference.

ETA: I have 4 eggs that will hatch in 4-5 hours, so I'm idly watching the Alpine and seeing other Commons mixing in - I might not be able to snag my full set easily then.

Edited by Ayelldee

Okay, so TJ only has two of each. I am hypothesizing that this means there will be no adult dimorphism. But perhaps adult dimorphism through the different colors.

But isn't the moon phase TJ's referring to the Valdemar moons rather than our own? So the phase of OUR moon would make no difference.

We don't really know right now. Valdemar has two moons, so we have no idea how it's going to work.

Could someone say what biome/s they're in and what the egg description is?

Alpine, Desert, and Volcano.

"This metallic egg shows faint iridescence in moonlight."

Could someone say what biome/s they're in and what the egg description is?

"This metallic egg shows faint iridescence in moonlight."

Alpine, Desert, Volcano