Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, StormBirdRising said:

Thanks.  Do you have one of those undead zombie dragons?  That might be the one I am missing.  

I have MANY !

just out of curiosity: is there such a thing as THE first dragon of dragon cave?

by this i don't mean "the first released breeds" but a single, actually viewable dragon stolen for the first time ever after the page went online.

the oldest thuwed i could find was Whood Thuwed (the green dragon), which dates back to May 27th 2006 -- but the wiki states dragon cave had its first release almost a week earlier, on May 21st.

Surely there must have been eggs taken in that week? The oldest dragons i could find from messy lineages from the AP date back to ~dec 2007...

(that being said, does TJ have a publically viewable scroll in the first place?? i cant seem to find anything.... orz)

Edited by milkbun

1 hour ago, milkbun said:

just out of curiosity: is there such a thing as THE first dragon of dragon cave?

by this i don't mean "the first released breeds" but a single, actually viewable dragon stolen for the first time ever after the page went online.

the oldest thuwed i could find was Whood Thuwed (the green dragon), which dates back to May 27th 2006 -- but the wiki states dragon cave had its first release almost a week earlier, on May 21st.

Surely there must have been eggs taken in ithat week? The oldest dragons i could find from messy lineages from the AP date back to ~dec 2007...

(that being said, does TJ have a publically viewable scroll in the first place?? i cant seem to find anything.... orz)

Can’t help with the rest of the questions, but TJ doesn’t have a viewable scroll.

The Blue Dino "0ejxa ev Jb0" is supposed to be the oldest creature on the site, dating back to May 26, 2006.

Certain breeds are backdated to May 21, 2006 as the original breeds in the game at its inception. Not sure if there was hard documentation of the early releases, some of the earliest releases are only marked to the month they were released rather than a particular day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Release_Timeline#2006

15 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

Can’t help with the rest of the questions, but TJ doesn’t have a viewable scroll.

As mentioned already, officially the original dragons are all back dated to May 21st 2006, and tracking down the actual first is probably going to be hard.  @TJ09 would know if amyone??

Specific release dates become a thing at the end of May 2007, one on the 31st and then a couple on June 2nd

being a an excel geek, I of course have my own spreadsheet version ;), here is a chunk of it from the first 25, using alphabetical order for bunched releases, it doesn't quite work as a copy paste but you get the idea :),  

Edit - sorry if youre on a mobile device and the copy paste is (was) making it hard to load, I'll try and add a link once I'm back home and can work out how to!

Edited by nerys

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

The Blue Dino "0ejxa ev Jb0" is supposed to be the oldest creature on the site, dating back to May 26, 2006.

Thats a great lead! but yeah, the wiki says the first breeds (dinos, black,white,green,mint) were released on the 21st. was the release date just changed afterwards then? maybe it refers to the dragons being announced but not 'dropped' yet? or did no one take eggs? 😶

1 hour ago, nerys said:

tracking down the actual first is probably going to be hard

that's too bad, i just kinda hoped it would just be a generally known thing somehow, haha.

but yeah, i suppose the oldest ones of the first released breeds would probably hang out on tj's scroll... wasn't really sure if he did the same thing where he gets a pair of dragons to show off the breed before releasing it back then as well

from memory, its something along the lines of ..one rainy day in May 2006 TJ and some friends dreamt up DC... 

I would have thought that the first eggs? dragons? would have been held by those who were there at the time, so tracking them is going to be going back to who was there 16 years ago :)

Any iPad users here? I want to select multiple dragons to use the new Adventure BSA, but I can’t find a way to do that using my IPad keyboard. There’s no equivalent to holding down the CTRL key, and I don’t have a PC. Any idea how I can have more than two (dragon using the BSA plus the one I can select) on the Adventure?

not sure it will work for the BSA since i don't have all of em together yet, but selecting several dragons for a group works for me by:

1. putting one finger down on the additional dragon you want to select and holding it

2. tapping with a second finger on the same dragon

hope it works for the BSA too!

11 minutes ago, milkbun said:

not sure it will work for the BSA since i don't have all of em together yet, but selecting several dragons for a group works for me by:

1. putting one finger down on the additional dragon you want to select and holding it

2. tapping with a second finger on the same dragon

hope it works for the BSA too!

Unfortunately I can still only select one dragon that way. Even holding my finger down on my first choice, as soon as I try to pick a second dragon, I lose the first one picked. But thank you for the suggestion! 

On 5/26/2022 at 6:41 PM, oxoniensis said:

Unfortunately I can still only select one dragon that way. Even holding my finger down on my first choice, as soon as I try to pick a second dragon, I lose the first one picked. But thank you for the suggestion! 

I can choose multiple dragons by press and hold the dragons around 3 second in my phone. Not sure iPad could work or not?

Edited by D-wing

21 minutes ago, D-wing said:

I can choose multiple dragons by press and hold the dragons around 3 second in my phone. Not sure iPad could work or not?

image.png.be4be1beb686b02e8c0fc986d10cc928.png

Thanks! I’ve just tried that, for varying lengths of time, but unfortunately it doesn’t work on my iPad. 

I'm having the same issue--long press either doesn't select a new dragon or it just switches the selection. Long press and tap switches the selection no matter which one has been long pressed.

5 minutes ago, Diggie said:

I'm having the same issue--long press either doesn't select a new dragon or it just switches the selection. Long press and tap switches the selection no matter which one has been long pressed.

Yep, that’s exactly my problem. No matter what I try, I can’t hold more than one selection. Same with both an iPad and iPhone. At least if it’s a problem for multiple people, hopefully there’s a chance of a solution!

Getting frequent tombstone-errors while refreshing the AP, anyone else?

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Getting frequent tombstone-errors while refreshing the AP, anyone else?

Getting them just clicking around the site as normal as well (including clicking trades and lineages)

PS: If I bred an egg last night at 10:30ish cave time, will it grow up in time for the raffle? 

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

PS: If I bred an egg last night at 10:30ish cave time, will it grow up in time for the raffle? 

If you use incubate it will take 5 days from time of breeding. Since you posted after midnight I'm not sure what date your egg was bred. Assuming May 26, the answer is no, since the raffle takes place at something like 3 a.m. on the 31st and your egg won't grow up until 10:30 p.m. If the egg was bred on the 25th it would be okay.

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

If you use incubate it will take 5 days from time of breeding. Since you posted after midnight I'm not sure what date your egg was bred. Assuming May 26, the answer is no, since the raffle takes place at something like 3 a.m. on the 31st and your egg won't grow up until 10:30 p.m. If the egg was bred on the 25th it would be okay.

Thank you! I bred on the 26th.

6 hours ago, Jazeki said:

I’d try hunting in the AP to be on the safe side.

Just now, oxoniensis said:

I’d try hunting in the AP to be on the safe side.

Thank you! I've been doing that on and off and seem to have had better luck this morning.

Do they have to grow to adulthood or does freezing count?

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

Thank you! I've been doing that on and off and seem to have had better luck this morning.

Do they have to grow to adulthood or does freezing count?

They have to grow up. Good luck finding one!

Just now, oxoniensis said:

They have to grow up. Good luck finding one!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

Does anyone remember who is searching for rat codes? 

Hey, that's me!