Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

suppose it was just a glitch after all, for a sec i was worried the site was under attack or something 😅

I have a few questions that miiiiight be stupid about lineages and breeding.

1. What defines a "messy lineage"? I know there's fancy lineages, like staircase if I remember correctly, but is "messy" just...not one of those nice-looking ones?

2. Is there a certain number of generations you can go before a dragon is no longer part of a given lineage? I have an egg I picked up from the AP that has Thuweds in the lineage, but over 20 generations back. Does that actually count as a Thuwed anymore? (Lineage for reference.)

9 minutes ago, stjeanne said:

1. What defines a "messy lineage"? I know there's fancy lineages, like staircase if I remember correctly, but is "messy" just...not one of those nice-looking ones?

2. Is there a certain number of generations you can go before a dragon is no longer part of a given lineage? I have an egg I picked up from the AP that has Thuweds in the lineage, but over 20 generations back. Does that actually count as a Thuwed anymore? (Lineage for reference.)

I think different people have different definitions of messy. But to me it is anything that has random generations bred together with no discernable pattern.

A Thuwed is still a Thuwed if it has any of TJ's verified Thuweds in its lineage, even if it is a distant  relation.

Now that dragon that you linked is a messy lineage by anyone's definition. XD

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Now that dragon that you linked is a messy lineage by anyone's definition. XD

Hehe, messy Thuwed it is :) Thank you for the answer!

33 minutes ago, stjeanne said:

1. For my own opinion, messy= no fixed pattern, so EG/stair/Spiral/Heart/Arrow is not a messy for me.

2. No generations limit, it count~

Edited by D-wing

1 hour ago, stjeanne said:

Hehe, messy Thuwed it is :) Thank you for the answer!

By the way, it's also a Dorkface.

3 hours ago, stjeanne said:

Is there a certain number of generations you can go before a dragon is no longer part of a given lineage?

I literally have dragons with Thuweds over 80 generations back, I assume not everyone would take the time to actually look through a lineage that long to see if it has Thuweds or not but in general it does 'count'.  

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Now that dragon that you linked is a messy lineage by anyone's definition.

It is also inbred. So, it would be a Messy Inbred Thuwed/Dorkface all together.

So not a particularly *pretty* lineage, but one with a few heavy hitters in it. Good to know so I don't misrepresent anything 😌

May I suggest that unless you have decided you truly love it, you look at HeatherMarie's sig.... :D I

So why would someone take the time and effort to put all my growing dragons into at least six hatcheries?  I don't think I've done anything that would cause someone to be so mad at me.  Is there a way to find out who might have done this?  (My four sick dragons want to know).

They're fogged and warded, and I've pulled my scroll from the hatcheries.  I did offer an egg in trade shortly before this happened.  Is it just a matter of hateful, bored, potential psychopaths doing it for fun?

I don't think there is any rational explanation for view-bombing. Someone feels evil for whatever reason and decides to attack someone's dragons. Just Evil.

Thanks for responding.  I kind of figured that, but I kept thinking it must be someone upset with me to go to all that effort.  I guess I'll quit trying to figure out why, and just remember that karma has a way of dealing with these kinds of people.

59 minutes ago, laevsk said:

Thanks for responding.  I kind of figured that, but I kept thinking it must be someone upset with me to go to all that effort.  I guess I'll quit trying to figure out why, and just remember that karma has a way of dealing with these kinds of people.

It's not your fault. Most likely it cause by jealousy, seem that their main target is the Stat and try to kill it by view-bombing. (and Incidental kill other things ) Just keep your eyes when getting rare dragons. : (

Ahhh ... So my lucking into three CB Stats this week probably pushed someone over the edge.  Eleven months and I'd never seen a single Stat in the biomes, and figured a CB Staterae was probably never going to wander onto my scroll.  Then two very wonderful people gifted me Stats - and an extremely lucky catch of a uniquely coded CB Xeno led to a trade for the third Stat.   

I know it's human nature to be unhappy about other people's good luck or success.   But I learned some time ago that people who respond with sincere congratulations and happiness over someone else's success are special people with deeply kind and caring natures, and the ability to see beyond their own needs to give briefly to another.  It takes less energy and is better for our karma to say "Wow, that's great! Congratulations!" than to go to numerous hatcheries in an attempt to hurt someone.   

Thanks to both of you for helping me remember that this isn't my fault!  I will carefully watch my dragons, especially the rare ones.  I just want to play the game and have fun, and avoid the drama.

Melanie

10 hours ago, laevsk said:

So why would someone take the time and effort to put all my growing dragons into at least six hatcheries?  I don't think I've done anything that would cause someone to be so mad at me.  Is there a way to find out who might have done this?  (My four sick dragons want to know).

They're fogged and warded, and I've pulled my scroll from the hatcheries.  I did offer an egg in trade shortly before this happened.  Is it just a matter of hateful, bored, potential psychopaths doing it for fun?

The truth is that people are jerks sometimes. I wish there was a way to tell who was doing it.

Sometimes, just posting in a thread is enough to get your scroll targeted. Other times people are jealous of what you caught, traded for. or are trying to trade away. I had to stop having my scroll name show on my eggs to cut down the issues, but just posting a trade will sometimes get me targeted.

Best thing to do is fog your rares unless you are actively trading them or trying to get views.

I can't seem to be able to breed two of my dragons, Qdn7n and lzAqt for some reason...

It lets me select it in the breeding menu just fine, then just takes a long time to load and then hits me with a 504 Gateway Timeout.

Tried breeding other dragons and it works just fine, is it the long lineage maybe?

The length of the lineage should not affect breeding at all. I have seen a few lineages longer than that, so breeding them is definitely possible. I don't know why you are getting a timeout.

so: folders in my Inbox.

i recently (like, today XD) realised i could make folders amongst my Messages, so it wasn't all in my inbox.  i made two folders, and moved things from my Inbox as well as a "Sent Items (OLD)" (or something like that) folder into these new folders... and then deleted the old folder. I then made a third folder, and when i moved the remaining items into folder #3, they instead moved into folder #2.  

so i searched the forums.  someone had this problem in 2018, and someone else in 2017.  in the 2017 thread, the suggestion was made to go into the message itself and select "Move to" from the option menu from inside the message. and thus this thread was Answered.  

this alternate "Move" worked for me.

but this wasn't brought up in the 2018 thread, which is still open.

so my question is: why do the messages still move into the incorrect folder?  they moved properly for my first two folders.

11 hours ago, trystan said:

so my question is: why do the messages still move into the incorrect folder? 

Because the message system has been all messed up ever since the forum was updated! I'm not sure there is any other answer to your question. I have had problems from the beginning with using folders. They do not behave at all in intuitive ways.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Because the message system has been all messed up ever since the forum was updated! I'm not sure there is any other answer to your question. I have had problems from the beginning with using folders. They do not behave at all in intuitive ways.

no, that answer does make sense XD in a "gotta love technology!" smh kinda way....

and your question was the 2017 Answered question, and where i read to move the message from inside the message.

you're right, not at all intuitive, since i was able to move messages into the first two folders with no hiccups.

i suppose the real test will be the next time i get a PM i want to save!

Edited by trystan

32 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Do frozen hatchies count as adults for raffle requirements purpose?

I have no personal experience, but I remember someone asked that last month and was told that they don't count! So I think they need to be raised to adulthood.

40 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Do frozen hatchies count as adults for raffle requirements purpose?

The raffle requirements specify raising 3 adult time element dragons.

If I mate a male and female Scourgekeeper, is it possible to get a 2G PB egg?