Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

14 hours ago, trystan said:

i'm curious, what advantage is there to logging into draghatch? i use it as one of my regular hatcheries. :D 

The other good thing is that you can rack up views there even when your scroll is hidden.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The other good thing is that you can rack up views there even when your scroll is hidden.

oh that's interesting! thanks!

Are Scourgekeepers stubborn breeders or am I just having terrible luck? I've gotten just one PB egg out of 18 Scourges, and I'm using Fertility every time. 😅

I think you may just be having bad luck. I saw someone else state that they breed like rabbits. I have only tried once, with a mixed pair and got the mate's breed, so I can't speak from experience.

3 hours ago, Lullakai said:

Are Scourgekeepers stubborn breeders or am I just having terrible luck? I've gotten just one PB egg out of 18 Scourges, and I'm using Fertility every time. 😅

I’m really struggling to breed them, too. Using fertility, either nothing with pure breds, or the other breed if I mix things up. 

Weirdly though, adventuring for them has been really successful. No failures when I send a full set out to fight.

I’m in the “lots of Scourges but no eggs” boat too. Well, I’ve successfully bred one Scourge egg from a Temple…but my attempts to breed a pb have been wildly unsuccessful. 

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I think you may just be having bad luck. I saw someone else state that they breed like rabbits. I have only tried once, with a mixed pair and got the mate's breed, so I can't speak from experience.

That might have been me. Except for the first pair that refused, they're doing rather well !

I've just bred four pairs, there's just one PB egg on its way to the AP.

I haven’t been on in a few years, just curious - in (2015?) I think? I don’t remember.. TJ re-released various holiday dragons in CB form. So I was able to get CB hollys that year despite not being around for their original release. I haven’t played a holiday event since (as I mentioned just coming back) I was wondering if that has happened since? Is it a yearly thing? Did someone say it would never happen again? Basically just wondering what to expect when a holiday comes around 

18 minutes ago, boscodelta said:

I haven’t been on in a few years, just curious - in (2015?) I think? I don’t remember.. TJ re-released various holiday dragons in CB form. So I was able to get CB hollys that year despite not being around for their original release. I haven’t played a holiday event since (as I mentioned just coming back) I was wondering if that has happened since? Is it a yearly thing? Did someone say it would never happen again? Basically just wondering what to expect when a holiday comes around 

The event biome has indeed become a yearly thing. You can expect to be able to grab past Halloween, Holiday, and Valentine's dragons during their respective events.

9 hours ago, TJ09 said:

The event biome has indeed become a yearly thing. You can expect to be able to grab past Halloween, Holiday, and Valentine's dragons during their respective events.

Oh that’s so awesome! Thanks for letting me know :) I’m looking forward to the holidays even more now.

“The dragons don’t really show much interest in each other” - I thought that line would only appear if I didn’t use Fertility for one or both of the dragons. I used Fertility on both (I know it doesn’t increase the chances, but I do it to avoid that dreadful line. Sighs.) and that line showed up, regardless.

Has that changed recently? Or was it just bad luck? lol.

As far as I know, fertility has never been a hundred per cent guarantee that the pair will show interest - or even that they won't refuse! It just increases the chances of a successful breeding. I think that, in the long term, it might depend on how compatible the pair would have been without the (consistent) use of fertility. And yep, of course, luck. When it comes to a single breeding attempt, it's all about luck.

Something I've been wondering lately... am I right to consider "no egg" a better result than "no interest"? Like, the pair is a good match but they just didn't produce. Or is it just a different wording to present exactly the same result (= this pair could give you an egg but didn't)? 😹 There's a pairing I'd like to do, I think I've tried about five times altogether but with three different mates and I'm trying to decide which one I should choose for the coming attempts.

30 minutes ago, Solaries said:

“The dragons don’t really show much interest in each other” - I thought that line would only appear if I didn’t use Fertility for one or both of the dragons. I used Fertility on both (I know it doesn’t increase the chances, but I do it to avoid that dreadful line. Sighs.) and that line showed up, regardless.

Has that changed recently? Or was it just bad luck? lol.

Fertility has never guaranteed successful breeding. It boosts chances of getting an egg and greatly reduces the chance of an outright refusal. But even refusals can very occasionally still happen even with fertility and "no interest" can definitely still happen. That doesn't mean that the pair can't breed successfully another time. Only refusing to go near each other prevents ever breeding again.

5 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

Something I've been wondering lately... am I right to consider "no egg" a better result than "no interest"? Like, the pair is a good match but they just didn't produce. Or is it just a different wording to present exactly the same result (= this pair could give you an egg but didn't)? 😹 There's a pairing I'd like to do, I think I've tried about five times altogether but with three different mates and I'm trying to decide which one I should choose for the coming attempts.

In my experience, there is some difference in the degree of compatibility, but it is not really significant if you only need to get one egg from the pair to continue a lineage.

@purplehaze Okay, thanks! Well, maybe I'll continue trying with the "no egg" mate or even pick a completely new mate (I still have some more CBs of that breed) and just keep my fingers crossed for better luck. I might be breeding them again in the future even after getting an egg for myself. 😸

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Only refusing to go near each other prevents ever breeding again.

Ohhhh~ it’s this line that means all is lost. I got it confused with the other one, lol, but still good to know either way. Whew, hopefully they won’t refuse each other next time. Thanks @purplehaze!

@Solaries They won't, refusals happen on the first breeding or never. No interest or no egg means that you can try that pair as many times as needed to get the egg you want. 😸

(For holiday breeds, in-season breeding doesn't count as they always produce during that period of time. The pair could still refuse when they're bred the first time off season.)

14 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

Hope to know the answer too! For my brother's (and a few of my) experience, if a pair getting no interest, they've highly odds to continue "no interest" in next week(s) if don't using fertility. So he'll change the "no interest" pair's mate but not the "no egg" pair. Also "no egg" rarely staggered with "no interest" so we think they're different, maybe "no egg" is affect by rarity / ratios mainly and "no interest" is a period of time that most pair could face? One of my brother's black/Turpentine pair give him an egg in 4-5 consecutive weeks and turn "no interest". Emmm... He don't think the dragons are really not interested, maybe they're quarrel? LOL.

Turpentines are a pain anyway. Dependably reluctant at all times - or maybe all the others can't stand the smell...! This took me AGES: https://dragcave.net/lineage/hI6Y7

Edited by Fuzzbucket

9 hours ago, D-wing said:

Also "no egg" rarely staggered with "no interest" so we think they're different, maybe "no egg" is affect by rarity / ratios mainly and "no interest" is a period of time that most pair could face?

Dragon pairs have different compatibility levels! Most pairs will have a no-interest once in awhile, but some don't like each other and will no-interest a lot so you're right to switch around dragons that no-interest a lot. 

Turpentines are a special case; they have a very low compatibility chance and a high chance of refusals and no-interests (because other breeds don't like their smell), so they're almost never going to be easy to breed. I think they're the only breed who has this problem, though.

@Shadowdrake I didn't know that about turpentines, interesting! I wonder if there are other lore-based game mechanics similar to that and not explicitly stated anywhere...

Oh, more generally, I've also had some strange pairs that suddenly and unexpectedly changed their minds about each other. Like one that was bred weekly for months but had no interest, and then one day they gave me an egg and started to produce almost every time. Another pair did the exact opposite, maybe they just decided that enough is enough. 😹

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Turpentines are a special case; they have a very low compatibility chance and a high chance of refusals and no-interests

The only dragons I have ever had refuse in spite of fertility were Turps! I understand it can happen with other breeds, but it never has for me and I do a lot of new pair breeding.

Isn't there supposed to be a release tonight? Or are we skipping this month?

I'm guessing it's skipping this month, nothing new is,dropping in-cave and all