Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

10 minutes ago, Sinion Kabe said:

If I mate a male and female Scourgekeeper, is it possible to get a 2G PB egg?

yep, I have one

And they seem to breed like rabbits - though my FIRST pair refused.

I was just looking at stuff - as you do.

My thundersnow stats in the encyclopedia are a bit odd. I own 16 thundersnows, all adults. How come it says I have raised 17 adults ?  I  did own another egg and traded it but I certainly didn't raise it; I thought that might have counted as the 17th - but if I only ever owned 16 eggs, even that doesn't explain how I raised a 17th adult - nor did I.... Suggestions ? :blink:

image.png.8ff3b6192b1cb29029cb158a31ac96e7.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

The encyclopedia has been double-counting occasionally. Alternatively, something you threw into the AP grew up wild?

That I could also believe - but I didn't throw ANY NR away - the only thing I did was trade one. But if it shows as an extra adult, it should also show as an extra egg, no...? Weird.

On 6/1/2022 at 1:33 PM, Serotina said:

Is there a place I can see the rarity of dragons? I'm wanting to start a "Lovely Commons" project with some drakes but I'm unsure if the dragons I'm looking at are commons. Is there perhaps a way I can tell by shard price?

As Fuzz said, a lot of it is based on perception.  I had a look at some of the rarities people voted on in the fandom rarity guide and I personally don't agree with some of them. (Example: a Lunar Herald is in no way a rare dragon.) I would use either Market shard price for the more common ones and for the rare ones, check this thread (but please note some of it doesn't apply anymore):

Specifically, have a look at post #4, the list of rare dragons. It's aged a bit though, as some things have changed.

To a degree, I agree with many of the selections, though not all. I believe the following dragons are rare:

Neglected

Dinos

Chicken

Paper

Cheese

CB Gold

CB Silver

CB Aeon

CB Copper (these have never been officially declared rare, although I consider them rare. They were very difficult to hunt for a long time. They are easier to find and trade for now, but I would still consider them rare.)

2G purebred alts: Black, Undine, Vine (IMHO, anything higher than a 2G pure bread isn't rare)

2G Spriter's Alt (3G has become common and relatively easy to obtain)

2G Thuweds (purebred-both parents must be Thuwed)

Dorkface --I can't speak to which generation would be considered rare. 3rd?

CB new Xenos (old Xenos seem easier to find and trade for)

CB trio eggs (Magma, Ice, Thunder)

CB female Hollies are rare. (I don't know the status of these. I don't know if any are given out as prizes anymore?)

Other classically rare dragons, such as:

CB Tan Ridgewing

CB Red Dorsal and

CB Blusang 

I wouldn't consider Pyralspites rare at this point.

Hybrids/Avatars: I do not consider these rare, even 2G. 
2G Prizefails -- I don't consider these rare. 

(Bear in mind that others may have a different opinion.) :) 

Also, one man's trash is another man's treasure, as the old saying goes. :lol:

Edited by missy_

I've been working on observing Scourgekeeper eggs and hatchies for the encyclopedia entries, but my hatchling counter appears to be stuck at 3, is there any way to fix this?

If you are doing it in hatcheries, you may be seeing the same ones over and over ?

10 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you are doing it in hatcheries, you may be seeing the same ones over and over ?

It's possible I suppose, but I saved the links, and they are all different. Will they not count if I viewed them as eggs already? I'm trying to troubleshoot but haven't been having any luck.

25 minutes ago, Shinketsu_Karasu said:

Will they not count if I viewed them as eggs already?

That would be the problem. If you view them once as an egg they will not count again for I think it is a month -- so not while they are a hatchie for sure.

Trying to remember if it was DC or another site-- does/did DC have maintenance at about 6 am EST or so?

47 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

Trying to remember if it was DC or another site-- does/did DC have maintenance at about 6 am EST or so?

Used to be more like 3 am, I think, but I am never around at that time, so don't know if it still happens or not.

That's 10 a.m. in my timezone, and at least rather recently there has been a short freeze always at that time!

hello I have a question about breeding. I tried to breed two I've bred before and got the message that they "don't show much interest in each other". I can't breed them together again because it marks the dragons as "rejected" even though they've bred before? :( (and yes they are the same two dragons, i only have the two corals)

'.png

Screenshot_5.png

Edited by Pafupafu

Just now, Pafupafu said:

hello I have a question about breeding

Hello! 

A not interested is fine, just an unsuccessful breeding. Try Fertility for some help (Purple BSA). 

This is the progeny page displayed: only mates with alive/dead but not removed from the owners scroll offspring will appear.

In the next breeding session, this mate should appear at the top of the page :) May not be the top: this is usually the most favourable mate that the particular dragon has had. 

12 minutes ago, Pafupafu said:

hello I have a question about breeding. I tried to breed two I've bred before and got the message that they "don't show much interest in each other". I can't breed them together again because it marks the dragons as "rejected" even though they've bred before? :( (and yes they are the same two dragons, i only have the two corals)

'.png

Screenshot_5.png

Yhats not a rejection thats "i have a headache". Rejection only occurs with the refuse to go near each other message. You can try again in a week.

19 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

That's 10 a.m. in my timezone, and at least rather recently there has been a short freeze always at that time!

On 6/12/2022 at 10:27 PM, purplehaze said:

Used to be more like 3 am, I think, but I am never around at that time, so don't know if it still happens or not

Thanks, and searching through forum (just remembered that's a feature) it does seem like it was a thing before. I guess my follow up question is if there was a minigame that was playable during maintenance?

Edited by subwoofer

Not that I know (but maybe someone knows better). At least it certainly wouldn't have existed in a long time! Instead, it just shows an error page, I think, and anyways the maintenance is really short. I would say that's some other site you're thinking of, though I can't be 100 per cent sure.

5 hours ago, subwoofer said:

guess my follow up question is if there was a minigame that was playable during maintenance?

No. It's always just been maintenance downtime.

9 hours ago, Lagie said:

No. It's always just been maintenance downtime

Right, thanks. Then I must've been thinking of a different site.

On 6/12/2022 at 1:41 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

On 6/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, purplehaze said:

That would be the problem. If you view them once as an egg they will not count again for I think it is a month -- so not while they are a hatchie for sure.

On 6/12/2022 at 12:47 PM, Varislapsi said:

@Shinketsu_Karasu Maybe try Dinala's spreadsheet for the hatchies! There should already be enough to unlock the sprite on scourgekeeper's page. 😸

Ended up doing a bit of troubleshooting with the spreadsheet(thank you for the link!) and I believe I know what the problem was.
My husband and I have separate DC accounts, but share an IP address. The hatchling's that I was attempting to view had already been viewed by him first. The hatchling's that were listed on the spreadsheet had not been viewed by him, and increased my observation count accordingly.
So basically, user error.
Thank you guys for the help though! :)

Edited by Shinketsu_Karasu
more user error(it's late and I'm sleepy lol)

Hey all, What's the link for the wilderness again?

I just released a dragon, but I can't see it??? Usually, you can still see the view page, but just that the dragon is listed as a "Wild Dragon." (This is the dragon btw: https://dragcave.net/view/Pkz7m)

???

Can you all still see it?

4 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Hey all, What's the link for the wilderness again?

I just released a dragon, but I can't see it??? Usually, you can still see the view page, but just that the dragon is listed as a "Wild Dragon." (This is the dragon btw: https://dragcave.net/view/Pkz7m)

???

Can you all still see it?

Nope, that link takes me to the dragon not found page.