Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Do we know if it's intended that you can't filter available dragons for Adventure by "available for BSA"?  It'd be very nice if you could, but I'm not sure if that's a glitch or working as intended

42 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Do we know if it's intended that you can't filter available dragons for Adventure by "available for BSA"?  It'd be very nice if you could, but I'm not sure if that's a glitch or working as intended

I don't think we know for sure, but my guess is that it's intended. Trios and Zyus don't show up in that filter, either.

56 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I don't think we know for sure, but my guess is that it's intended. Trios and Zyus don't show up in that filter, either.

Ah, I didn't realize they didn't show up, I've never needed to filter for them lol.

Hm, that seems frustrating.

4 hours ago, KageSora said:

Ah, I didn't realize they didn't show up, I've never needed to filter for them lol.

Hm, that seems frustrating.

Best suggestion I've seen is to put the adventurers in a group so you can find them all easily 

Question regardig Zyus / Sinos:

I read that we can affect the gender of the summoned Sino by the Zyus which are used for the Summon Action.

But how do we select the Zyus being used to make sure only the gender we want is used to summon?

I can't remember having a choice and the summoners were picked kind of randomly...

Would love to get some females for gender balance. :D

Thank you!

6 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Best suggestion I've seen is to put the adventurers in a group so you can find them all easily 

I have done that but I foresee it getting troublesome when you manually have to check dozens of dragons if you're collecting them (which I have decided to do) just to find which ones still have it available and which don't.

3 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

But how do we select the Zyus being used to make sure only the gender we want is used to summon?

As far as i know, you can't.  You get what you get and hope its what you wanted.  The only alternative is collecting more Zyus and specifically influencing them to be the gender you want and hoping you collect enough that they'll be picked at random for the summoning.

25 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I have done that but I foresee it getting troublesome when you manually have to check dozens of dragons if you're collecting them (which I have decided to do) just to find which ones still have it available and which don't.

Yeah, it seems like you almost need two groups for them! One for active adventurers and one for the retired ones. Or custom sort them with the retired ones at the bottom.

28 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I'm considering removing them from the group once they're retired. You could do that.

(Ninja'd again.)

3 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I used six females to get my only female sino. I think, though, I may just have been lucky.

Edited by Lagie
Ninja'd! BAD purplehaze...

I have more male than female Zyus, but every time I try to summon another Sino it picks more females and I don't NEED another female, so I back out.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I'm considering removing them from the group once they're retired. You could do that.

(Ninja'd again.)

Is the retiring permanent?  Is that what happens when you succeed?  They forever retire after?  I've only gotten failures and it says I can try again in 14 days, so...

I suppose the most efficient thing would be to make a group for each individual party I'd want to send out, and just go to that group ever 14 days until they succeed?

4 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Is the retiring permanent?  Is that what happens when you succeed?  They forever retire after?  I've only gotten failures and it says I can try again in 14 days, so...

It appears to be. If they are successful, they retire (like the zyus that cannot summon again). If they fail, they can try again in 14 days.

1 hour ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Thank you for your replies @KageSora, @Lagie and @purplehaze! Will try to raise a bunch of females and hope this works. :)

You're welcome! Good luck!

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

I suppose the most efficient thing would be to make a group for each individual party I'd want to send out, and just go to that group ever 14 days until they succeed?

I was going to suggest just that lol

On 5/22/2022 at 2:26 PM, FortyTwo said:

Yep, the new release took us just over the 300 marker. 301 breeds. ;) 

It seems to be 302:

image.png.f64a28f5af56b183a587c79fc79d679b.png

re: Adventuring dragons - so my spreadsheet has a column for notes.  most of the time these notes are "from the AP," "from [User]," or "bitten by [Vampire]" (yes, i know the vampire page says who bit them.....)  however, the cases of my Sinos, it says who was used for the Summoning of that Sino - my first one i had to guess based on which Zyus were used for my subsequent (3) Sinos.  when you're on the page that shows all the Zyus, i hovered over for the codes, and then recorded them in the Notes column.  i did the same thing with the Scourgekeeper: my Note is the names of the retired Adventurers.

on the other end of the spectrum, the Adventure party that needs to try again in two weeks is now on my calendar with the date, time, and members of the Party.

(this is one of the deals i made with myself when i came back from my not-really-hiatus a few years ago - pay attention to things.)

everyone's mileage will vary. :D 

3 minutes ago, kittymewgirl said:

I just got two dragons won.  How do I find them on my scroll?  I have several retired dragons in the group I keep them in.

If your scroll is alphabetical by breed, they're under sc. If it's not, you can do a temporary breed sort from the dropdown on the right

Screenshot_20220531-090035.thumb.png.d34aacdc42725c86243e39d6bf97e21e.png

and then look under s! ;)

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

If your scroll is alphabetical by breed, they're under sc. If it's not, you can do a temporary breed sort from the dropdown on the right

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20220531-090035.thumb.png.d34aacdc42725c86243e39d6bf97e21e.png

and then look under s! ;)

Thank you! 

Is there a place I can see the rarity of dragons? I'm wanting to start a "Lovely Commons" project with some drakes but I'm unsure if the dragons I'm looking at are commons. Is there perhaps a way I can tell by shard price?

I'd say the only indication that was in any way reliable would be the shard price. But I see the thread suggests checking the wiki.

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Rarity_Guide

But a lot of it is based on perception, and the thread does suggest also using your own judgement.

By the wiki, only honeydrakes and tatterdrakes are uncommon.

probably kind of a silly question but.... is it normal to have almost 4k edit: over 6 thousand concurrent users on dragon cave? just now there were almost 250 people in the volcano, with only 6 in the forest page?

maybe i just haven't been paying attention much but it always felt like it was ~300 people online at a time, with about 10 in each biome

this was in the volcano rn

245.png

Edited by milkbun

That is definite;y not normal. Right now, though, I am seeing only 354 users online and 7 in the volcano. Even at the height of holiday madness there are not that many. I am thinking glitch of some kind.

There's been similar weird usercount increases in the past; could be a glitch or some sort of bot scanning the site, who knows.

so i just refreshed the cave.... and i could have sworn it said 1200+ users online! when it refreshed it was only 287 users. huh.