Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

34 minutes ago, Nine said:

I can't seem to find the invisible list of trading hub rules that exist somewhere, so I figure I should ask here:

You can't get banned from the trading hub for saying "see forum post" in your trade right?

As long as that's not all you put. You have to put *some* sort of want, so you can put 'rare offers or see forum post' but you can't *just* put 'see forum post'.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

As long as that's not all you put. You have to put *some* sort of want, so you can put 'rare offers or see forum post' but you can't *just* put 'see forum post'.

Oh, ok, then all is well. Ty

Are there other dragon breeds besides Sweetlings with prehensile tails?

9 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Are there other dragon breeds besides Sweetlings with prehensile tails?

Imperial Fleshcrownes do

So do Green/Earth

Gold-horned tangar has "somewhat prehensile" tail

Carmines have "semi-prehensile" tails

Golds are "prehensile to a degree"

There may be others...

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There may be others...

Thank you. 

Do egg prices in the Market have limits to how high they can go?

Edited by ChickpeaHummus

19 minutes ago, ChickpeaHummus said:

Do egg prices in the Market have limits to how high they can go?

That.... Is a good question. I've never seen anything said about having an upper limit. 

not sure if this is the right place to be asking but, i'm back after several years of inactivity. i've been going through the wiki and my scroll to remember what i have, and was wondering if anyone would advise me on things i ought to do, especially with the Valentine's season coming up. are there perhaps past event dragons of mine i should look to breed? or how should i go about trying to catch up on the Valentine's dragons i missed? help appreciated haha

25 minutes ago, Irisania said:

not sure if this is the right place to be asking but, i'm back after several years of inactivity. i've been going through the wiki and my scroll to remember what i have, and was wondering if anyone would advise me on things i ought to do, especially with the Valentine's season coming up. are there perhaps past event dragons of mine i should look to breed? or how should i go about trying to catch up on the Valentine's dragons i missed? help appreciated haha

There is now a 'holiday' cave so you have a week to catch up on your missed Valentines. The Dragon Cave wiki can help you with egg descriptions. Valentine's breeding should start on Sunday so I'd hold off till then as if you breed them now, you'll need to wait to breed them again. Welcome back!

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

Valentine's breeding should start on Sunday

Midnight from Sunday to Monday, cavetime. 8th of February.

Search here turned up very old and outdated discussions, search at the wiki turned up the sprite migration - I do not have the Google touch today, I guess.

Is there a list floating around of breeds that 'migrate' to new biomes, and when?

Rifts and Fleshcrownes hourly, I think. Avea, too, supposedly.

Harvests move to the Alpine in Winter.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Winter seasonals are only in Alpine while the other 3 are in forest, so in a sense the breed migrates. It looks like equinoxes also migrate seasonally, though hasn't been seen where for spring and summer yet (forest for fall and volcano for winter).

There is not really a list of migratory dragons.

Edited by Shadowdrake

They're still seasonals, aren't they? I doubt they were considered 4 different breeds before the encyclopedia came about: they directly breed each other and don't spawn at the same time. They just happen to look more different than Lunars do, so they get split into 4.

Dang, I was hoping someone had done some spreadsheet magic already. Thank you for the names!

Edited by schmupti
I am a doofus

One of the eggs I offered in a trade hatched and it didn't cancel the trade, just went from egg to hatchie. Is this a new thing?

2 hours ago, Wiz said:

One of the eggs I offered in a trade hatched and it didn't cancel the trade, just went from egg to hatchie. Is this a new thing?

Just tried with an AP egg and sadly it still cancelled it for me, so I guess yours was just a one-time glitch. (Got excited there for a moment!)

Edit: Although I guess that was a transfer started on my end, maybe offers work differently (just because they worked the same in the past doesn't mean that needs to still be true)? Let me test that, too.

Edit II: Nope, that also cancelled. One-time glitch.

Edited by pinkgothic

2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Just tried with an AP egg and sadly it still cancelled it for me, so I guess yours was just a one-time glitch. (Got excited there for a moment!)

Edit: Although I guess that was a transfer started on my end, maybe offers work differently (just because they worked the same in the past doesn't mean that needs to still be true)? Let me test that, too.

Edit II: Nope, that also cancelled. One-time glitch.

I wonder if it has something to do with being on a tablet. I know if someone declines my trade and I refresh the offer page before I notice then refreshing it makes me offer the trade again. Must have annoyed a few people before I figured out what I was doing.

So I wonder if refreshing the page glitched it into offering the trade again but with it now being a hatchie. 

5 minutes ago, Wiz said:

I wonder if it has something to do with being on a tablet. I know if someone declines my trade and I refresh the offer page before I notice then refreshing it makes me offer the trade again. Must have annoyed a few people before I figured out what I was doing.

So I wonder if refreshing the page glitched it into offering the trade again but with it now being a hatchie. 

Oh, yeah, it'll definitely do that if you don't navigate away from the page that loads after you make the offer. :) If you want to avoid this effect without much clicking around, copy the URL of the trade into your browser URL bar (yes, it will look the same) and hit enter / navigate to the URL. That will open the page in a mode called "GET" (as opposed to a mode called "POST"), which you can refresh without resubmitting.

If you don't mind clicking, after offering, you can just navigate to the trade section, find your offer, click on the link there, and then refresh that link, that'll also use GET.

(I have no idea why the page does that, for the record; there's no immediately obvious technical reason for why it should behave that way. TJ is almost surely aware of GET after POST (a/k/a "Post/Redirect/Get"), but doesn't use it for trades - maybe there's a reason.)

question about valentines dragons - if have two caveborn of a breed - an adult and a frozen hatchie.  if i release the hatchie, am i now able to get another CB one that could grow up to be an adult?

Edited by trystan
rephrasing

11 minutes ago, trystan said:

question about valentines dragons - if have two caveborn of a breed - an adult and a frozen hatchie.  if i release the hatchie, am i now able to get another CB one that could grow up to be an adult?

Yes.