Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

10 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

A strange thought just occurred to me.

Market bought eggs cannot be traded or gifted. They can be abandoned.

If you pick up an market egg in the AP, THEN can you trade'/gift it ? Or does the restriction last for ever and ever ?

9 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I think it's the same as with abandoned Fool's Mints. Even after picking them up from there, they are still untradable.

9 hours ago, Terces said:

I can confirm market eggs are untradeable, I found a market magi egg in the AP before Xmas breeding started and it couldn't be traded. I decided to keep it instead.

Thanks; I suspected as much. So that will be annoying for people looking to get orange cantors !

How many unique dragon breeds are there? I haven't been able to find anything on the wiki and the idea of counting everything on their identification page is making my brain hurt. This is including unbreedables, BTW.

Also, is there a list somewhere showing how many posts you need to reach the next level on the forums? I've always been curious.

Edited by soullessheartofsteel

30 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It'll be a script hanging; it happens to me frequently - I just hard refresh...

Nope, still custom sort is still not working

1 hour ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

How many unique dragon breeds are there? I haven't been able to find anything on the wiki and the idea of counting everything on their identification page is making my brain hurt. This is including unbreedables, BTW.

My scroll says 273 and that feels right. Know we were in the early 260s when xenos happened

@soullessheartofsteel You can get a counter of all dragons on this page [link]. It says 272, but do note that Cantormaris and Nobleshields are not yet added to it, plus there's one non-dragon page in the list. So it is 273 indeed.

For whatever reason, the Stratos hatchling on my scroll doesn't have the breed information on its page (but the egg does). I have the Stratos Dragon encyclopedia entry completely unlocked. To compare, I've fully unlocked the new Cantormaris dragon(s) and my hatchlings have links to the encyclopedia entry. Has anyone else noticed this kind of glitch?

Screenshots

54 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

For whatever reason, the Stratos hatchling on my scroll doesn't have the breed information on its page (but the egg does). I have the Stratos Dragon encyclopedia entry completely unlocked. To compare, I've fully unlocked the new Cantormaris dragon(s) and my hatchlings have links to the encyclopedia entry. Has anyone else noticed this kind of glitch?

Screenshots

Sometimes even if you have all the encyclopedia images unlocked it seems to need a little boost, not sure if it's a bug or what but usually viewing just a couple more of the sprite will fix it. If that doesn't fix it there may be something else going on.

Does anyone know if it is possible to recolor a  traded egg to hatch  pink??

influence has no effect on color  ---

11 minutes ago, dragonpuck said:

I don't think so, you could recolor it red or blue, but not pink. 

38 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Sometimes even if you have all the encyclopedia images unlocked it seems to need a little boost, not sure if it's a bug or what but usually viewing just a couple more of the sprite will fix it. If that doesn't fix it there may be something else going on.

That's rather frustrating since I raised over 20 hatchlings. However, viewing 10 more on a fan site did the trick 😕 

30 minutes ago, dragonpuck said:

There's no current known way to do this, alas. Consider hatching it and then trading it for a pink hatchling.

Wow, I had no idea that Market eggs could be found in the AP. I'll have to start looking more closely at what I catch.

I just bred 7 pairs of Aeons, used fertility on 6 pairs and got no eggs. I don't remember ever getting such dismal results with or without fertility. Any idea why breeding could be so bad?

18 minutes ago, RainDear said:

I just bred 7 pairs of Aeons, used fertility on 6 pairs and got no eggs. I don't remember ever getting such dismal results with or without fertility. Any idea why breeding could be so bad?

Aeons are uncommon and I think people might be breeding them to the AP cause of the cantors. 

But probably mostly just bad luck.

1 hour ago, dragonpuck said:

Pink and Chaos are correct, no known way to get it back to pink.

Edited by Tinibree

I breed so seldom that my dragons seem to fall all over themselves to give me eggs, so this came as a surprise. 

I got 4 eggs (1 Guardian) from 4 pairs breeding for Noblesheilds to send to the AP - that's more like my "normal". Hope to get that kind of luck when I breed them for me.

2 hours ago, RainDear said:

I think it is just luck. I seem to have streaks where almost nothing will give me an egg. Then other times I can breed and get eggs from most of my pairs. I had a recent attempt where I got only 2 eggs out of the first 10 pairs I bred -- I decided at that point to wait for another day! On the other hand I bred 85 pairs of my CB Z codes today and all but a handful gave me eggs.

3 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I have 3 sets of Trios: how good are my chances of summoning GoN?

Not good. It's entirely luck when it comes down to it. I have MANY sets and my first took me almost 3 years, The chances are better now, but still... Try, though. It's the only way !

Should I even bother breeding the 2G Valentine Soulstones with Aeria Gloris (The blue chainsaw chains) fathers when the Valentine breeding starts? Who would want that combination?

14 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Should I even bother breeding the 2G Valentine Soulstones with Aeria Gloris (The blue chainsaw chains) fathers when the Valentine breeding starts? Who would want that combination?

Maybe ask in the holiday breeding thread?

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Breed it. If you like the pairing there is good money at least some people will also. https://dragcave.net/lineage/dO42r this lineage never fails to get picked up.

@Lost_Unicorn i had 2 sets (one pair of each) and managed. The first took forever but that is when they were new and before TJ upped the chances. Doesn't hurt to try while you attempt to catch more trios if you want them. Some people get a GON on the first try

9 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Breed it if you want it and not if you don't. There's not much point breeding something you don't want yourself unless someone already asked for it

31 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Breed it if you want it and not if you don't. There's not much point breeding something you don't want yourself unless someone already asked for it

Seconded. I think they'd look great, personally, but don't base your decision on whether or not to do it on what other people want! If you're gonna do it, do it because you enjoy it. You could try leaving it to the AP, too, so that someone entirely out of your social circle could chance upon it and love it, even if you can't find someone who'd want to trade for it if you went on the forums or trading hub.

And on that - I just got a request for three pairings that  would never have occurred to me (and that I wouldn't breed for myself, actually !)  Different people have different priorities.