Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Do Heartstealing Dragons have horns or long ears? You would assume horns, but their description says they use their slender bodies to slip into other dragon's lairs which would make ears more sensible. The adult horns/ears also are spread outwards a bit while the gendered hatchlings' are straight.

1 hour ago, Tinibree said:

encyclopedia says antlers

Heartstealings don't have any encyclopedia info (maybe you looked at Heartseekers?). Looking real close they do look like horns, but I can't find any evidence to back that up.

Agreed, they kinda look more like horns to me although it's not easy to tell. I was gonna ping aangs-sister and see if she could clarify but looks like she's been away from the forums for a couple years now.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Heartstealings don't have any encyclopedia info (maybe you looked at Heartseekers?). Looking real close they do look like horns, but I can't find any evidence to back that up.

ah....right, i always get those two confused x.x

I personally think horns, seem too long to be ears tbh. And the coloring of them on the salt makes them seem different than skin.

I believe influence wears off a teleported egg, correct? What about an ungendered teleported hatchie? Does influence wear off of that as well? Do you need to wait for the hatchie to gender before teleporting?

21 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

I believe influence wears off a teleported egg, correct? What about an ungendered teleported hatchie? Does influence wear off of that as well? Do you need to wait for the hatchie to gender before teleporting?

Influence should work as soon as the egg has hatched. It can't wear off of a hatchling, and they're then 'locked in' as what you Influenced them to be.

No, influence sticks once it's hatched.

are there any unofficial stats recorded on the success rates of forcing hatchlings? i want to try it sometime , especially with these new ones,  i get a bit impatient but i never want to risk it because i dont know how high the chance of the hatchling running away/the egg dying is. 

52 minutes ago, InvaderAlexis said:

are there any unofficial stats recorded on the success rates of forcing hatchlings? i want to try it sometime , especially with these new ones,  i get a bit impatient but i never want to risk it because i dont know how high the chance of the hatchling running away/the egg dying is. 

It works better if they have a big hole in them already. The closer to hatching view-wise the better. Not sure if enough people use it to have stats though. Its entirely possible for nothing to be effected. And its possible to hatch and catch all the hatchlings. I used to have a screenshot of doing so. If you have something you absolutely don't want dead/in the ap, don't use it.

4 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

at the very least they have to be a full 24 hours old, but based on how EQing these went you might want to wait a couple extra hours. They also need to have at least a s1 crack. 

I don't know normal rates, but we had 4 people EQ 6 eggs each, 2 people had two survive, 1 had one, and one lost them all. 5/24 but that was also pretty close to the 24hr mark, they might need to be a little bit older than we thought. Of those that did hatch all 5 were caught at least. That 5/24 was worse than usual EQing ratios which is why we think we need to wait a bit longer.

This new breed of Cantormaris Dragon matures fast. The reds go from all red to red and black before 4 days. My pinks are already gendered.

4 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

This new breed of Cantormaris Dragon matures fast. The reds go from all red to red and black before 4 days. My pinks are already gendered.

Probably just higher hatchery traffic. I'm getting regular dragons with over 10k ov and 1.2k uv by adulthood, When usually I only get 6-8k ov and 1k uv or under.

Edited by Shadowdrake

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Probably just higher hatchery traffic. I'm getting regular dragons with over 10k ov and 1.2k uv by adulthood, When usually I only get 6-8k ov and 1k uv or under.

Pink 1

Overall views: 2,990

Unique views: 676

Clicks: 4

Pink 2

Overall views: 3,023

Unique views: 679

Clicks:3

Blue

Overall views: 3,449

Unique views: 697

Clicks: 5

Red:

Overall views: 3,090

Unique views: 605

Clicks: 5

common Red Dragon the same age as Cantormaris

Overall views: 2,215

Unique views: 396

Clicks: 1

@Long_Before_Sunrise yeah, your new releases have a full third more views and uv than your regular red dragon, no wonder they're gendering faster. 400 -> 600 and 2k -> 3k. It's based on both time and view count. Also, for what it's worth, those are pretty low views and you could add in one or two more hatcheries if you want them to gender sooner.

4 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@Long_Before_Sunrise yeah, your new releases have a full third more views and uv than your regular red dragon, no wonder they're gendering faster. 400 -> 600 and 2k -> 3k. It's based on both time and view count. Also, for what it's worth, those are pretty low views and you could add in one or two more hatcheries if you want them to gender sooner.

Thanks, but they've already all gendered except the common. They were in multiple hatcheries for a while, but I take them out when they move to the next phase, then put them back in a day or two.

A strange thought just occurred to me.

Market bought eggs cannot be traded or gifted. They can be abandoned.

If you pick up an market egg in the AP, THEN can you trade'/gift it ? Or does the restriction last for ever and ever ?

37 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you pick up an market egg in the AP, THEN can you trade'/gift it ? Or does the restriction last for ever and ever ?

I think it's the same as with abandoned Fool's Mints. Even after picking them up from there, they are still untradable.

I can confirm market eggs are untradeable, I found a market magi egg in the AP before Xmas breeding started and it couldn't be traded. I decided to keep it instead.

Is the grid custom sort hanging for anyone else? I try to load it but all the tiles stay grayed out and I can't drag anything around

It'll be a script hanging; it happens to me frequently - I just hard refresh...

10 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

A strange thought just occurred to me.

Market bought eggs cannot be traded or gifted. They can be abandoned.

9 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I think it's the same as with abandoned Fool's Mints. Even after picking them up from there, they are still untradable.

9 hours ago, Terces said:

I can confirm market eggs are untradeable, I found a market magi egg in the AP before Xmas breeding started and it couldn't be traded. I decided to keep it instead.

Thanks; I suspected as much. So that will be annoying for people looking to get orange cantors !

How many unique dragon breeds are there? I haven't been able to find anything on the wiki and the idea of counting everything on their identification page is making my brain hurt. This is including unbreedables, BTW.

Also, is there a list somewhere showing how many posts you need to reach the next level on the forums? I've always been curious.

Edited by soullessheartofsteel

30 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It'll be a script hanging; it happens to me frequently - I just hard refresh...

Nope, still custom sort is still not working

1 hour ago, soullessheartofsteel said:

How many unique dragon breeds are there? I haven't been able to find anything on the wiki and the idea of counting everything on their identification page is making my brain hurt. This is including unbreedables, BTW.

My scroll says 273 and that feels right. Know we were in the early 260s when xenos happened

For whatever reason, the Stratos hatchling on my scroll doesn't have the breed information on its page (but the egg does). I have the Stratos Dragon encyclopedia entry completely unlocked. To compare, I've fully unlocked the new Cantormaris dragon(s) and my hatchlings have links to the encyclopedia entry. Has anyone else noticed this kind of glitch?

Screenshots