Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Alright, time to get some user opinions: Are Rift Wyrms uncommon or in general hard to find in the biomes? I know about the changing biomes, and looking at the encyclopedia for the current biomes they are in. But I haven't seen a single one? Admittedly I only started specifically looking for them about 24 hours ago, but it just seems weird to me since the breed isn't even a year old, I expected it would show up more in the biomes. 

They sit for a while when I see them. I imagine it's just the general phenomenon that we have so many commons that finding a specific one is always going to be tricky. Case in point, I've been trying to pick up a nhiostrife from the cave for over a day now - I usually see plenty of them in the cave, but of course when I hunt for one, I don't see any the times when I refresh. XD

Good luck finding those rifts!

Personally, I think they're on the common going into uncommon area. It's not super difficult to find them, but I've seen a few while hunting.

They're cuties! I love how the April Fools sprite looked for them.

Good luck hunting!

4 hours ago, DeathPhoenix said:

Is cross site trading allowed on this game?>

No, it's disallowed by the site terms that you agreed to by signing up.

In the breeding forums you can post lineage projects like Ice x Magma (so like projects with only 2 breeds) right? Since all the ones I see in the breeding forums are all more general breeding topics so I just would like to ask if that’s allowed. (Taken from discord and no one was able to answer my question) 

The guidelines for lineage projects are here:

And the section rules are here:

If it's a personal lineage, you can just add it here:

If it's one you are trying to get others to join in, you may need a project account - I know nothing about those !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Sorry if I sound a bit rude, but I've looked through the threads (which I've also done a few times before asking as well) but it never said if it was allowed to do not-so general lineages. And may I ask what do you mean by  'it's one you are trying to get others to join in'? @Fuzzbucket

You may be doing a personal lineage - one that you are doing all by yourself but perhaps appealing for new blood from time to time - in which case you can just list it in the personal lineages thread.

If you are trying to start a project involving other players - as in trading eggs to carry on, for instance, where each player has to have a descendant from the original pair  - then you need to make a thread for it. There are loads with more than two breeds. Lovely Commons,  Release History of Dragon Cave, some of the Lyrical ones.... And there are ones where you have to trade to carry on - and which use multiple breeds - like the Travel ones which have fallen over a bit: 

and Hunger Games.

There are a LOT of threads where the OP posted what they wanted to do and no-one posted a response. You'd need to make it interesting if you are looking to build a lineage with other players.

There are very few lineages that stand the test of time. I have seen a lot of lineages over the years that faded out after awhile. I had one years ago for Magma x Magi, and it started off fairly well, but then people just sort of lost interest and I found most were joining just to get a Magma egg and then never came back. There are no rulings against two breed lineages, but they may be harder to sustain than some of the broader ones.

OT - I'll trade you; I have a magma x magi line.... :D

Incidentally, purplehaze and I are both part of a BIG co-operative two-breed  lineage where several of us are co-operating.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/cMe3t

But we set it up by PM, and manage it in that way so that we don't get people just showing up to grab things. We can trade and ask for particular eggs to fill gaps... I think it works better than a thread. Not least because it is far easier to keep tabs on potential inbreeding etc.

@Fuzzbucket @purplehaze(Sorry for ping)

I see. What I'm thinking of making a thread of is actually a fairly common lineage,  it'll probably be dead in just a month because one parent would be a valentine.  That's quite an impressive lineage!! I see why you guys set it up using PM, the reason why I was considering making it a thread was because it is firstly a fairly common lineage, secondly, I think it could be hard to continue the lineage without people actually reaching out to help others/help me because it would be very hard to be able to find all the lineages and ask all the people involved. So I think if they offer it first then it could save a bit of work. I see I could do that with advertising and pms but to me that sounds a bit ineffective, maybe I am wrong though. 

Thank you for explaining it to me, I'm just quite new to this forum stuff. I wish I could open up this breeding thread but I'm just scared it'll die in 1 month which I think as you said should be quite normal. 

If it is basically a lineage you are doing on your own and you put it in the personal lineages thread and ask for new blood, that would probably serve you better than a thread. But open it if you want - see what happens. It's not the end of the world if it dies.

If you are just starting with a valentine at base, loads of us can do 2nd gen commons from Valentines. If you want a checker, loads of us can add in checkers at various gens. What is it you are actually hoping to build ?

I'm pretty sure you both can actually help in the lineage as I've came across both of your names in my quest of expanding the lineage. It's actually a Rosebud x White, I originally wanted to ask you to reserve a Valentine offspring from one of your pairs! I've planned my lineage until 8th generation, it just really needs execution. My other goal of the thread would be to unite the people doing the lineage as well so we could aid each other's lineage, as well as having a 'core lineage' side project there.

I can do you a 5th gen white with a spriter's alt any time you like.

And as long as you REMIND ME I'll be glad to reserve one next year. But my brain is not what it was (see my sig.) So DO remind me in plenty of time - or it won't happen. Seriously ! !

But that would be much more a "personal lineage" one, I think. You are building one and want help, like.

Yea that’s true it’s more of a personal lineage thing. Ah but I just really want to let people who do this lineage have a space to talk and help together. It’s so sad that people are just working on their own to continue their lineages. 

I’ll remind you! But it’s a different pair I have in mind, since I have both spriter’s alt in base already. 

One reason people do that is that you don't get someone forgetting all about it and killing something in the middle of a huge line. There was a terrible case a few years ago where a Holly was killed off and everyone's lines with i in there had a huge hole in. We in Slimeridge all know each other and none of us would ever do such a thing :D Our only interest is being the firsy to get to 10th gen.  But I do worry sometimes when I throw something to the AP that I may later bump off one of its parents to zombify it, having forgotten that they had bred anything off my scroll....

As to the spriter's alt - I am no spriter; I couldn't ever have done you a 2 gen with them.

I can do you a 5th gen white from these two if you want:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZQWsN and https://dragcave.net/lineage/sHfyh

This is the kind of request that you can easily be making in the personal lineage thread, or in a thread of your own.

10 hours ago, TJ09 said:

No, it's disallowed by the site terms that you agreed to by signing up.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

3 hours ago, icearashi said:

I'm pretty sure you both can actually help in the lineage as I've came across both of your names in my quest of expanding the lineage. It's actually a Rosebud x White, I originally wanted to ask you to reserve a Valentine offspring from one of your pairs! I've planned my lineage until 8th generation, it just really needs execution. My other goal of the thread would be to unite the people doing the lineage as well so we could aid each other's lineage, as well as having a 'core lineage' side project there.

I'll be glad to do what I can for you. :) Either at Valentines or otherwise. Just let me know what you need.

as to lineages, i have many dragons that i've collected, bred, and named for characters in the series Dune.  i just checked my spreadsheet - there are 102 dragons over only a few scrolls, (i have 46 of the dragons), but some of them are just a random dragon given a name from the Dune'verse.  this was deemed a personal lineage back.... uhm, like 2010.  and it totally is. just as an example, i've linked them~

My Dune Dragons (my scroll) | All Dune Dragons (table on my livejournal)

Edited by trystan
whoopsie

I seriously hope you used the wrong word when claiming you have 46 scrolls...

Edited by olympe

WHOOPS! i meant 46 dragons! *edits my post*

(if there's Dune dragons only on a few scrolls, there can't be 46 scrolls, right? my brain was going on a different track than my fingers were. XD)

Edited by trystan

4 minutes ago, olympe said:

I seriously hope you used the wrong word when claiming you have 46 scrolls...

I'm quite sure she meant 46 of the dragons in question. See her link to her group.

XD I see she beat me to the defense.

Edited by purplehaze

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

XD I see she beat me to the defense.

i'm a ninja that way XD 

Well, better clear this public mistake up publicly... TJ's wand of burning can hit one out of nowhere. ;) 

22 minutes ago, olympe said:

Well, better clear this public mistake up publicly... TJ's wand of burning can hit one out of nowhere. ;) 

fair enough :) 

i can't even fathom having more than one scroll; my poor brain can only handle one scroll here and one Keep on another site.  (i have two instagrams (a rinsta and a finsta) and i forget about the finsta most of the time.  back in the day, i had a friends locked, invite only livejournal that i forgot about most of the time too. XD )