Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

also asked over on the discord: does anyone have any tips on not getting twitchy clicky fingers so i don't put a Siyat in hatcheries before its time, so it can hatch purple? i see less than 4 days, and i know it should be hatching.  it's at 4d 2h, and part of me says it'll be fine for another two days.... but - twitchy clicky finger.  :unsure:

thanks!

Fog it and set your phone to give an alarm when your egg is at 2 days (so you know not to look at the egg's page).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Okay, is anyone else having issues with the display on mobile, or is it just me? The menu and DC-logo part seem to be transparent? 

Screenshot_20200409-092614.thumb.png.f7577a1cf4ce7bb4ef19d3638da87881.png    Screenshot_20200409-092630.thumb.png.d74cb5cadf014e89ef2c88ef0e03a99b.png

On the left, at the top, it has the DC logo and 'Dragon Cave' over eggs, and on the right is how the side-menu looks to me. Is this just me? 

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Fog it and set your phone to give an alarm when your egg is at 2 days (so you know not to look at the egg's page).

thanks Ruby!  and yes, i will set a reminder.  it goes hatcheries at 2d 0h for purple, right?

also, @HeatherMarie, i checked the site on my phone, and the menu is solid for me... hmm...

2 days without incubate (aka when it's 5 days old).

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

2 days without incubate (aka when it's 5 days old).

yeppers! thanks! :)

Does anyone else have any tips about hatching zyus, so they do not hatch with dragon sickness? Has anyone had success with using Ward before they hatch?

hm, i just had a Zyu grow up - usually when any of my eggs and hatchies get to 5d23h, i put them in 4 hatcheries.  if they're eggs that still haven't hatched by like 4d4-3h, i put them in two more.  then i watch them..... when they hatch (sometimes around 3d23-22h, as i think my Zyu did), i take them out of all 6 hatcheries, and i've not had any sick Zyus. (i can let you know which hatcheries, if if won't clutter the thread)

Yes, please, which hatcheries? All my zyus always hatch with sickness so I really need a better system than I am using now.

i start out with Valley Sherwood, Silvi's, Allure of Neglected Dragons, and Egg Drop Soup.  if they still haven't hatched by 4d4-3h, i add them to DragHatch and the Hatching Club.  once the eggs hatch, i take them out of everywhere.

the thing with Egg Drop Soup that's different from the others is that you put them ALL in and then manage your scroll to take out the young'uns.

good luck with your hatchies

you're welcome!

another thing you could try is once the Zyu hatches - sick or not - is fog it until it gets down to 5d23h and then unfog it and put it in one or two hatcheries until 4d3-2h or so, and then add to more hatcheries as needed for it to grow up

Edited by trystan

If it's any consolation, I've raised 40+ zyus and none have died from sickness even though they all hatch with it. I've had hatchies be sick 8+ hours and still not die. You can also ward the egg when it's close to hatching and the ward shield will stay on the hatchling until it wears out.

Thanks guys. I have had other dragons hatch sick once in a but with the zyus it is every single time. I am going to try the suggestions, especially fogging as soon as it hatches and the Ward feature.  And I am going to try those hatcheries and taking the new hatchie out of hatcheries as soon as it hatches. 

14 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okay, is anyone else having issues with the display on mobile, or is it just me? The menu and DC-logo part seem to be transparent? 

Screenshot_20200409-092614.thumb.png.f7577a1cf4ce7bb4ef19d3638da87881.png    Screenshot_20200409-092630.thumb.png.d74cb5cadf014e89ef2c88ef0e03a99b.png

On the left, at the top, it has the DC logo and 'Dragon Cave' over eggs, and on the right is how the side-menu looks to me. Is this just me? 

That certainly doesn't look right. What browser is that?

9 hours ago, TJ09 said:

That certainly doesn't look right. What browser is that?

Uh... I can't find an actual browser name? I'm using Android version 6.0 on a Life Wireless Network, and it literally just says 'Browser' for the internet, specifically Browser version 1.7.0

That's the "Internet Browser Android. 1.7.0" then. You could download another and try that ?

57 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I'll post my question with a meme:

Love the meme. XD It's something people like to collect. Others like all caps or all number or word codes. 

1 hour ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I'll post my question with a meme:

Spoiler

3w6gln.jpg

Because Coyote started a thing!

So those of us that collect them are always on the lookout. But there does seem to be a bit of misunderstanding in the trading hub about the value of Z'code dragons. I see people asking things like CB Golds for common breeds! Most of us who collect the codes are not interested in "paying" much more for them than the breed of dragon is worth.

Edited by purplehaze

I don't know where to ask this because I don't want to do this concept myself. I'd love it if someone else wanted to, like just got inspired by the idea I was sharing and wanted to make it their own creation and reality and all. I wouldn't even ask for credit for it because the idea is so vague but I don't know if anybody's been talking about it at all? I can't find anything similar... not exactly... 

--

So I was looking at my special group of dragons for telling the time of day, and then looking at how we have the clock in-cave-time as well as the moon phases. I know some current ideas do deal with the moons, and one breed does lay different eggs of different colors depending on how the two moons interact. 

But has anybody considered doing a color or form-changing dragon for the moon phases (of one moon each - so two breeds and each one reflects one of the moons - OR both moons at the same time for one breed) the way we have the Stratos dragon for the four different time periods of the day, the Nocturne dragon for whether it's day or night time, and the Spirit Ward dragon for how close to midnight cave time it is (once it's nighttime that is). 

I think it would be wonderful to see a dragon literally change with the moon phases as an adult, to take the clock we already have for the two moons and put it into a beautiful color-changing adult in a very nice and visual way.

I don't think it'd be an "easy cheat" to know which Lunar Herald will be laid, since as long as you don't copy the Lunar Herald closely (common sense, I know) it shouldn't be a problem or a "cheat" either. 

--

Just to reiterate, I don't know where to put this so I put this here, and I am not interested in starting the concept myself, just wanting to inspire someone else who might. And I don't seem to see anything similar to this among the dragon requests, especially not the actively-worked on concepts, though I haven't looked in the abandoned art bit, and have no knowledge of what someone may be creating in private. Sorry if this was unwanted or in the wrong spot! Just let me know where is the best spot to put this little question and idea and I'll move it there, or a mod could move it if the mod thought it was appropriate to do so. :)

Edited by Indigo_Dragon

11 hours ago, purplehaze said:

So those of us that collect them are always on the lookout. But there does seem to be a bit of misunderstanding in the trading hub about the value of Z'code dragons. I see people asking things like CB Golds for common breeds! Most of us who collect the codes are not interested in "paying" much more for them than the breed of dragon is worth.

Oh god, yes, this. Mostly we trade with each other for cheap or for free ! You will never (well, OK maybe there are some insane Zers around) get a CB gold  for any Z less than - a CB Zgold. Or a Zneglected.... (I actually HAVE one of those ! IIRC a gift in our thread though.)

Is it just me - the forum is now CRASHINGLY slow - it just took almost a whole minute for a single word entry in a game thread.... quinney reported this yesterday, but it was OK for me at the time - they also had issues with the cave, which I don't so far....