Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

57 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I'll post my question with a meme:

Love the meme. XD It's something people like to collect. Others like all caps or all number or word codes. 

1 hour ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I'll post my question with a meme:

Spoiler

3w6gln.jpg

Because Coyote started a thing!

So those of us that collect them are always on the lookout. But there does seem to be a bit of misunderstanding in the trading hub about the value of Z'code dragons. I see people asking things like CB Golds for common breeds! Most of us who collect the codes are not interested in "paying" much more for them than the breed of dragon is worth.

Edited by purplehaze

I don't know where to ask this because I don't want to do this concept myself. I'd love it if someone else wanted to, like just got inspired by the idea I was sharing and wanted to make it their own creation and reality and all. I wouldn't even ask for credit for it because the idea is so vague but I don't know if anybody's been talking about it at all? I can't find anything similar... not exactly... 

--

So I was looking at my special group of dragons for telling the time of day, and then looking at how we have the clock in-cave-time as well as the moon phases. I know some current ideas do deal with the moons, and one breed does lay different eggs of different colors depending on how the two moons interact. 

But has anybody considered doing a color or form-changing dragon for the moon phases (of one moon each - so two breeds and each one reflects one of the moons - OR both moons at the same time for one breed) the way we have the Stratos dragon for the four different time periods of the day, the Nocturne dragon for whether it's day or night time, and the Spirit Ward dragon for how close to midnight cave time it is (once it's nighttime that is). 

I think it would be wonderful to see a dragon literally change with the moon phases as an adult, to take the clock we already have for the two moons and put it into a beautiful color-changing adult in a very nice and visual way.

I don't think it'd be an "easy cheat" to know which Lunar Herald will be laid, since as long as you don't copy the Lunar Herald closely (common sense, I know) it shouldn't be a problem or a "cheat" either. 

--

Just to reiterate, I don't know where to put this so I put this here, and I am not interested in starting the concept myself, just wanting to inspire someone else who might. And I don't seem to see anything similar to this among the dragon requests, especially not the actively-worked on concepts, though I haven't looked in the abandoned art bit, and have no knowledge of what someone may be creating in private. Sorry if this was unwanted or in the wrong spot! Just let me know where is the best spot to put this little question and idea and I'll move it there, or a mod could move it if the mod thought it was appropriate to do so. :)

Edited by Indigo_Dragon

11 hours ago, purplehaze said:

So those of us that collect them are always on the lookout. But there does seem to be a bit of misunderstanding in the trading hub about the value of Z'code dragons. I see people asking things like CB Golds for common breeds! Most of us who collect the codes are not interested in "paying" much more for them than the breed of dragon is worth.

Oh god, yes, this. Mostly we trade with each other for cheap or for free ! You will never (well, OK maybe there are some insane Zers around) get a CB gold  for any Z less than - a CB Zgold. Or a Zneglected.... (I actually HAVE one of those ! IIRC a gift in our thread though.)

Is it just me - the forum is now CRASHINGLY slow - it just took almost a whole minute for a single word entry in a game thread.... quinney reported this yesterday, but it was OK for me at the time - they also had issues with the cave, which I don't so far....

So far today it has been okay for me, but it was terribly slow for a bit yesterday. And then back to normal.

It's been on and off shocking for me since the update that fuzz told me was happening a few days ago.  Today's been bad.

ETA: It's nigh on impossible to get eggs from the AP. The page just won't refresh, it's so slow and then seems to forget what it's supposed to be doing.  No joy in the game just now.

Edited by quinney

@quinney I'm not experiencing any issues with the cave's loading time. Is it fixed for you now? It may just be an issue on your end.

7 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

@quinney I'm not experiencing any issues with the cave's loading time. Is it fixed for you now? It may just be an issue on your end.

I know there's a huge influx of extra traffic now with the current virus situation, and when Fuzz told me all was well with her, that's what I put it down to. It just seems strange that it all began when everyone was down whist the updating took place. My internet is fast and there's only dragoncave that's giving me a problem. What normally would take me ten minutes for the last few days has taken a heck of a lot longer due to lag. I've cleared all cache and cookies.

Now you're as wise as I am!

It seems OK again for me.... For the moment.....

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It seems OK again for me.... For the moment.....

Time of day can seem to have an effect, I don't know whether or not that's just coincidence. I'm not going to contact Virgin about it as I don't trust them at the best of times and I don't want to end up being without internet at all.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:02 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

That's the "Internet Browser Android. 1.7.0" then. You could download another and try that ?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've now tried Mint browser, PureBrowser, and DuckDuckGo. (Have to choose carefully since my phone has very little storage space left.) All three of those gave me the exact same issue, pretty much identical to the pictures I posted. .... I guess if it's only me, and with multiple browsers, it might just be something about my phone? I'll poke around my phone's settings and see what I can figure out. 😡

I use Opera mini on mine.... (Old tablet.)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

14 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I've now tried Mint browser, PureBrowser, and DuckDuckGo. (Have to choose carefully since my phone has very little storage space left.) All three of those gave me the exact same issue, pretty much identical to the pictures I posted. .... I guess if it's only me, and with multiple browsers, it might just be something about my phone? I'll poke around my phone's settings and see what I can figure out. 😡

The way Android works is that most browsers all use the same "engine" under the hood, just with different interfaces and features. what I suspect is that the version on your phone doesn't support something that changed recently.

You might be able to try:

* Looking for an app update for Android System Webview, if available.

* Trying Chrome for Android or Firefox for Android, since they might actually use a different engine.

Unfortunately both of the above suggestions will likely require using more storage space, so it might not be possible.

I'll see if I can find what isn't supported and work around it from my end.

one of my dragons has a 15G lineage, but it stops at 12G (and looks like a 4G instead), because 6 of those dragons are actually tombstones (only one actually says Deceased though). but some of them have snow on them.  what's the difference between regular tombstones and snowy tombstones? lineage link

6 minutes ago, trystan said:

one of my dragons has a 15G lineage, but it stops at 12G (and looks like a 4G instead), because 6 of those dragons are actually tombstones (only one actually says Deceased though). but some of them have snow on them.  what's the difference between regular tombstones and snowy tombstones? lineage link

CB dragons have fancy tombstones based on their original biome, while bred dragons don't.

7 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

CB dragons have fancy tombstones based on their original biome, while bred dragons don't.

oh that's interesting, thanks!

18 hours ago, trystan said:

TJ's reply is only half-accurate. Regular tombstones are dead dragons (or recently made zombies). Decorated tombstones are zombies that have been dead for longer than 2 weeks, and this decoration depends on the biome (or lack of it).

If you've unlocked most regular dragon sprites you can generally tell whether they're a dead dragon or a zombie based on their breed name in the view page.

Edited by Shadowdrake

To add on to this, perhaps the names are still displayed on the snowy tombstone sprites because they're zombies, and thus they don't get the (deceased) title.

The non-decorated ones, though, I'm not sure why the names are still displayed.

18 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

If you've unlocked most regular dragon sprites you can generally tell whether they're a dead dragon or a zombie based on their breed name in the view page.

8 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

To add on to this, perhaps the names are still displayed on the snowy tombstone sprites because they're zombies, and thus they don't get the (deceased) title.

The non-decorated ones, though, I'm not sure why the names are still displayed

hmm,. since 2 of the 6 show me their breed, i've definitely unlocked those breeds. 1 tells me "Dragon Not Found" - that's the one that says (Deceased).  i'm guessing the other 3 are also zombies, but i haven't unlocked them yet.

thanks for your answers, i was just curious. :)

16 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

The non-decorated ones, though, I'm not sure why the names are still displayed.

Unfortunately dead dragons don't lose names anymore; if you kill a dragon with a name on it, it'll be taken up forever (or until TJ adds a feature to erase dead dragon names).

5 minutes ago, trystan said:

hmm,. since 2 of the 6 show me their breed, i've definitely unlocked those breeds. 1 tells me "Dragon Not Found" - that's the one that says (Deceased).  i'm guessing the other 3 are also zombies, but i haven't unlocked them yet.

The two snow ones are definitely zombies, but the other non-deceased ones are a skywing and two prize dragons. Deceased in a lineage means it was killed a really really long time ago, when dragon info used to be wiped completely after they died. This led to a few glitches so TJ changed it so dragon info is now kept permanently.

Edited by Shadowdrake

1 minute ago, Shadowdrake said:

Deceased in a lineage means it was killed a really really long time ago, when dragon info used to be wiped completely after they died. This led to a few glitches so TJ changed it so dragon info is now kept permanently.

ah, gotcha!  that makes sense.  and while i've been around for quite a bit, there was a time in the 20teens where i'd just log on for the holiday dragons and egg collecting and maybe a release here and there, so there are some old things (like renaming!) that are "new" for me.

thanks for indulging my tiny little questions. :)

On 4/9/2020 at 9:42 PM, trystan said:

you're welcome.... let us know what worked for you? :) 

Okay, so I tried the formula from you and ShadowDrake but unfortunately my poor little Zyu hatched with sickness. I think it is because I play at work and I didn't check and I didn't take it out of the hatcheries fast enough. But it is fogged now so it should be okay. Thanks for the tips and I will be more diligent next time.

What’s the use of providing a PM link? I can see a mail icon on user profiles for messaging purposes, not difficult to access. Or unless it’s different on PC?