Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

To me it seems fine. The name check thread really isn't so active so you may not get a response there.

So ... How likely is it to get a green Spinel out of 2 red Spinels? I just tried 3 pairs and got 3 reds ...

41 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

So ... How likely is it to get a green Spinel out of 2 red Spinels? I just tried 3 pairs and got 3 reds ...

I think this is the only purebred pair I have bred more than a few times. https://dragcave.net/progeny/zMfO8

I have no idea if they are representative or not.

7 minutes ago, Bassasail said:

Dumb question. But in the Easter trophy if I click on it five eggs pop up. Are those for show or is there a way to claim them?

These aren't actually dragons. The fact that they show up for you means that those are the easter eggs you actually did collect.

19 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I believe for pb spinels they skew towards whatever the pair's color is. Dunno more approximate odds, @Keileon might.

I'm sure this has been answered before, but why do some eggs seem to resist counting clicks? Idk if it has to do with me using mobile, but with some eggs, I'll click on them multiple times and the counter won't switch from 0 to 1.

Hello

I just wonder. Whom shell I asked, why I am blocked for public two way trades.

Thank you

On 4/18/2020 at 6:01 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

From what I can gather, PB Spinel pairs (or just two Spinels in general, I call them PB for brevity) can produce either color offspring but prefer their own. In my own experience, two reds are more likely to produce a green than two greens are to produce a red, but this may be circumstantial and not fully accurate. I've not tested two Spinels of differing colors, but my best guess would be either a 50/50 shot or favoring green.

For PB Spinels of the same color, I haven't crunched the numbers to see the exact rates, I just know that they prefer the parent color.

(Thanks for the ping, @Shadowdrake!)

Edited by Keileon

57 minutes ago, MIGOR said:

Hello

I just wonder. Whom shell I asked, why I am blocked for public two way trades.

Thank you

A global moderator.

purpledragonclaw, _Z_, LadyLyzar

Edited by Fuzzbucket

9 hours ago, meeps114 said:

I'm sure this has been answered before, but why do some eggs seem to resist counting clicks? Idk if it has to do with me using mobile, but with some eggs, I'll click on them multiple times and the counter won't switch from 0 to 1.

I have noticed this, too. I even started a thread on it once. I sometimes click from the egg page to the actions page and back again. Usually this works after a few tries, but sometimes it doesn't work. I have never seen an explanation of why this sometimes happens, but it isn't just you.

The clicking issue has happened to me too. I usually click on all my eggs after I pick them up, but sometimes it will still say 0 clicks. It's strange. And I'm on computer as well.

Does anyone know what color Striped comes out of a Crystalline x Striped breeding? The wiki doesn't say. (Or is it just too early to tell, since getting a Striped from them would be hard?)

Edited by subwoofer

Thanks- I had been thinking of breeding something with them. I was expecting them to breed out blue, but this is actually nice too.

About the problem with eggs not taking a click from 0 to 1.  I have it happen fairly regularly and my work around solution is to open a different browser from my normal one and click the eggs then (not logged in).  I am on computer if that makes any difference.

Does anyone have any best practices in hatching for a green siyat? Not sure how to proceed :S

Incubate it and dump it into egg sites after half a day at least. Or gradually put it in multiple sites.

When it hits the 4-day mark and it hasn't hatched yet, stick it in the hatcheries' ER area. I think Silvi's Lair auto-adds 3d23h and lower eggs/kiddies to the ER section.

1 hour ago, flower1818 said:

Does anyone have any best practices in hatching for a green siyat? Not sure how to proceed :S

Green ones are the easiest. Just incubate them and then put them into plenty of hatcheries once they are a day or so old.

I usually throw all my eggs into Daily Dragon Fix immediately after getting them. It is quite safe.

Then when they are at 5d 8h or so (incubated) I put them in Silvi's, AoND, Valley Sherwood, and Draghatch. If it scares you to put them in that early you can wait until they are at 5days -- they will still hatch in plenty of time.

My eggs all hatch at 4days left with that treatment and I incubate everything. I have trouble with the other colors of Siyat because they don't want incubating!

I almost never have sick eggs, either, unless someone decides to viewbomb. The only exception to that are Prizes and Zyus, which sometimes hatch sick, but I have never lost one yet.

I haven't figured out where to post this for the best chance of an answer, but: Does anyone know who made the bunny-eared snake for this year's Festival of Eggs? I really really want it in my sig but not sure if you have to ask permission for event sprites? 

I don't think you have to ask to use them unmodified within the DC environment ? If we do - thanks Odeen, for my kitty.... I am so sorry I didn't ask first. I can't remember where I got it - but I am sure it was yours....

ETA Easter 2015 :)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

When I wanted to get my current avatar, I was told that you probably don't have to ask the creators permission but it's polite to do so - so I did and shocked them as they weren't expecting anyone wanting it!!  🤣🤣

On 4/16/2020 at 8:37 AM, subwoofer said:

@StormBirdRising The method I use is to wait until 6 days and 8 hours or so, and then I place it on 3 sites (egg drop soup, DDF, and hatching club). 2 low traffic sites and 1 high traffic site. Usually by 4 days it gets enough views to hatch. If you do this any earlier, then it gets sick. I might mess around with trying some different sites and see if I find a better method. My Zyus have never gotten sick while hatching, thankfully.

Thanks, this time my little zyu hatched healthy, so I took it out of all the hatcheries, but then about an hour later it got sick. I fogged it so it should be okay now.

Alright, time to get some user opinions: Are Rift Wyrms uncommon or in general hard to find in the biomes? I know about the changing biomes, and looking at the encyclopedia for the current biomes they are in. But I haven't seen a single one? Admittedly I only started specifically looking for them about 24 hours ago, but it just seems weird to me since the breed isn't even a year old, I expected it would show up more in the biomes. 

37 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Alright, time to get some user opinions: Are Rift Wyrms uncommon or in general hard to find in the biomes? I know about the changing biomes, and looking at the encyclopedia for the current biomes they are in. But I haven't seen a single one? Admittedly I only started specifically looking for them about 24 hours ago, but it just seems weird to me since the breed isn't even a year old, I expected it would show up more in the biomes. 

I think they're uncommon, but I've found them pretty easy to come across, and people don't seem to click them quickly. I think the ones I've gotten were from the volcano biome? I think it's a shame they don't seem to be very popular.